Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #37143
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tire discussions and gas or diesel crack me up.

Right now I have bigger problems. I put Annies cell phone in my pocket and when I pulled it out it said it was erasing everything. Pictures - contacts - everything. So I will be sleeping in the car tonight.
OMG. Steve, we have a guest room and bath if you need it.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #37144

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
OMG. Steve, we have a guest room and bath if you need it.
Thanks. Unfortunately, the car is already hooked up - in fact that's what I was doing when I put her phone in my pocket. I went out and hooked it up while she was inside watching tv. She gave me her phone to take a picture of the rv in the post above. I should have given it back to her... to but who would think such a thing could happen???
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #37145

Quote:
Wayne, that's the tire size our MH has. Fahgiddaboudit. Looks like they are almost impossible to find. Two different truck tire dealers could not find one for me.

I'm taking Larry Z's advice and putting 245/75R22.5 tires on when we replace them. I've also read horror stories about Michelin MH tires, so I'll be taking Larry's advice on brand and probably going with Toyo. (Did I spell that correctly???)

Let us know what you decide to do.
Hey take a look at Hankook tires I put on a set of six a year ago and they still look new .... lol....
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #37146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'm not sure if I'll have time to answer any post about me, but I do want to post an email that Earlene has sent to a few Mutants. It's been one of those days.

From Earlene:
"This was anything but a Happy Mother's Day for me beginning around 8:30 this morning when one of my worst nightmares occurred. Miya and I were barely 5 minutes into our neighborhood walk when a pit bull came across the street and attacked her. No matter how tough our girl is, she is no match for the jaws of a pit. She tried to hold her own to begin with before the pit grasped her shoulder, very close to her neck. I was beating on the dog and screaming for help and lousy horrible people just kept driving by. I had the pit's collar in my left hand, trying to pull him away and after what seemed like minutes, he loosened his hold, and he and I tumbled to the ground. And on the ground I stayed, holding the dog's collar for dear life while Miya stood against me panting with exhaustion. Finally, a good soul named Jose stopped his truck and came to help me. By then, the pit was pretty docile and standing peacefully by me. Jose, my fearless hero, took the dog by the collar, and I examined Miya. Under all the slobber, I found not one injury. There was blood but it was mine from a puncture most likely caused from a tooth on her collar. A call to 911 from this hysterical woman produced a patrolman maybe 5-10 minutes later. Meanwhile Jose had tied this dog to his truck. Long story shortened a bit - the unchipped, untagged dog was taken away by Animal Control. Then we get to the damage. After I went home and showered, I found that bending or breathing deeply were causing pain in my left side, the side that I fell on with the pit bull. A trip to the ER found a fractured rib, a few scrapes, and some bruises. So I'm going to have to put away the Fitbit (it tattles if I register less than 7,000 steps a day) and take it easy for a while. I just pray that I get over my fear and when my rib heals I can take my girl back on our walkways again. I still cry when I think of the people who drove on by when I was screaming for help. Above all, I thank God for Jose."

We spent several hours in the ER. I think she is going to have more bruises tomorrow.

My very good friend and veterinarian came over. he did find a small puncture would but most of the damage was pulling the skin away from the body. Miya is a sore puppy also. She may have gotten a piece of the pitbull, or he may have been in another fight somewhere else along the streets.

One of our pet peeves is people who let their animals run off leash. I don't care where you are. Dogs are dogs. They can look at one another and set off a fight. If they are not leashed or tethered, as harmless as they may be, one never knows what is going to happen when they approach each other.

At least here in Texas City there is a law and if the owners are found, they and the dog will be in the police files.

Please, if anyone thinks it is alright to let their dogs run loose, please reconsider. It's not fair to the majority that do leash their animals.

And the culprit is:

OMG, Earlene! What a nightmare, and one you don't forget, even if you aren't injured. (Personal experience.) I hope you've recovered well and am relieved Sweet Miya wasn't injured. Oh and a pox on all those non-Samaritans!

These things always come back to owners, don't they? Leashing and control are so commonsense, but there is no cure for stupid. It isn't the breed nearly so much as the owner. ('Course the dog may have slipped out a door or slipped its collar too.)

A slap on the wrist for the owner and punishing the animal severely never seemed right to me. At the time of my experience I'd have gladly torn out someone's throat! And not the dog's either.

Sorry. My soapbox. I think I've gone a bit incoherent here. Sue out.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #37147

Quote:
Tire discussions and gas or diesel crack me up.

Right now I have bigger problems. I put Annies cell phone in my pocket and when I pulled it out it said it was erasing everything. Pictures - contacts - everything. So I will be sleeping in the car tonight.

Just take it to the Apple store, they can restore it........ Oh darn.... Not an apple is it....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:21 PM   #37148

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Just take it to the Apple store, they can restore it........ Oh darn.... Not an apple is it....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Verizon may be able to reset it.
And yes, mercifully it it's not a fruit phone.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:29 PM   #37149
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

That was funny, Di!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #37150

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
That was funny, Di!
I saw your original post. You can edit but you can't hide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1431657270739.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	94298  
Old 05-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #37151
MPH

Quote:
Thanks. Unfortunately, the car is already hooked up - in fact that's what I was doing when I put her phone in my pocket. I went out and hooked it up while she was inside watching tv. She gave me her phone to take a picture of the rv in the post above. I should have given it back to her... to but who would think such a thing could happen???
You're in the twilight zone, dude.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #37152
MPH

Quote:
I saw your original post. You can edit but you can't hide.
Lmao. I needed to attach it to your post. Thanks for the cool pic/poster. Loved that show.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #37153

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
You're in the twilight zone, dude.
Lol. It's just a phone.
The problem is she is low tech. Nothing backed up to cloud or photo bucket etc.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #37154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Ya...and I get the other treatment too. LOL I do them without meds because I want to be awake to make sure they don't reuse any instruments.

Don, I had both upper & lower done the same trip. Dr. promised me he wouldn't use the same instruments for both ... because he liked me. Must be a standard witticism. 😜

All's well?
Old 05-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #37155
MPH

Barb is at Palo Duro and I'm going up tomorrow afternoon. But there are severe thunderstorms all over the place out here. I hope she's not getting inundated!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #37156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok so I've been thinking a lot as some of you know a I came to a cross road. I had a choice to get busy dieing or get busy living. Then I read stuff on here and other places. And I have decided to many people need me and I need to many people. I know sounds weird coming from someone like me who can do crowds but I believe it to be true so for the last month or so I've got busy living. Going out of my bubble. Meeting people and trying to do things that I would usually stay away from. So it time to get busy living

Dwayne, I'm so glad to hear this from you! I read ahead a bit and saw that Di has answered you better than I could, so let me add my energy and good wishes to hers. Good for you to push on through and claim life!

(Sent you a PM for Shara. 'Dja get it?)