Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #37353

Hey Steve,

Some friends of ours, Rose and Eddie Rice, have expressed an interest in getting legal and becoming bone fide RVMs. Have you heard from them?

Also while I have your attention, give Annie a hug for me.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #37354

Dwayne and Shara..... I felt guilt buying my new ride, knowing the trouble you are having with yours. But after years of previous spouse dufficulties, and then years overcoming what previous spouses had caused with our financial difficulties, we are finally able.... But now we face medical challenges as well.... Basically, larry is trying to get me in a secure place......

Just know that i thought about not showing it here, but i am like a kid, i am just so exCITED..... I love you both and you are in my thoughts daily........

Bryce, too far for us... Need to stay within a day travel of Larrys doctors.... But if anyone can meet up in that radius... Let us know...... We will.....

Dave.... What did your foot dr say.

Earlene, how are you...

Barb... You can get oxygen bottles without rx, Larry has had some... And used it....

Herb, last call on that color, only what is out there,,, no more orders on it.... Kinda a dirt color?

Steve, thanks...

Many of you have freightliner chassis....
Martin told us if you join the club you can get a DEEP discount on jeep, and yes we did.......

Mel we want to do PD, TX, but not sure when.... Gotta check the distance.... but looks great....
Do you know any good places in east TX?

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:56 AM   #37355

R U an RV Mutant too?

Yes, just to amplify what Di said. If you own a Freightlner chassis you may join the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club ( FCOC ) and enjoy several benefits including Chrysler Affiliate Rewards. You have the opportunity to purchase or lease up to a combined total of two new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram or Fiat vehicles per calendar year. You don't have to haggle with the dealer as the discount is the "Preferred Price" which is 1% below factory invoice + $75 admin fee. Only the Viper and the GC SRT models are ineligible for this discount.
I found this useful info from the Jeep Garage forum and used it when we bought our Cherokee.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #37356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol..... They didnt give it to me.... I did FINANCE the difference,
but i drove it for 3 years and got back $4000 less than I paid for it,
we had just paid it off, and the new payments and interest are much lower....

Btw... Thanks to Martin........
We did join the freightliner club and got a nice discount as well as a military discount.

Ok.... Here it is on the Missouri dealer lot....

Attachment 94596

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Luck dog very nice

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #37357

Foot Dr said "Yep, Arther Itis". No bone spurs, just joint issues where I broke it 43 years ago.
Cortisone injection 28th.
Funny that it has hurt little in the last 2 weeks!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #37358

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
What is the Toy Run Society? I'm picturing little Ken, Barbie, and GI Joe dolls running around a track somewhere. Of course, Ken and Joe are chasing Barbie, who is outrunning both of them because they got lax in their old age and sat around in their RVs watching sports and drinking beer. Barbie, who is a good friend of Sue's, stayed fit and trim and goes kayaking and runs 10k marathons all the time.
It's a group of about 30 of us and we host a huge motorcycle event in Port Alberni. Everyone who comes has to bring a toy for a youngster and our society makes sure that everyone gets something from 'Santa' at Christmas. Since the forestry industry collapsed on the Island there are huge areas of high unemployment so we try to assist the parents with needs.

We've had as many as 2500 bikers in town for the weekend and we've pulled in over a million in cash and a 1/2 million in toys and there is no monetary reward to the members. Every dime we get in goes to the kids in need. The day begins with a bike parade into town, a family fun day (everything free) at a local park, kids games, bike games (some involving the kids) food and then a huge dance for the adults to culminate the day.

The money is dispersed to schools for feeding breakfast and lunch to students, special needs programs and such. Toys are dispersed to groups that provide emergency hampers and Christmas hampers, and Ambulance, Fire and police departments along with search and rescue get stuffies to give to kids in distress when the need arises.

We even support fund a minor camping program.

See

Please note how the biker parade is treated as a great fun event as the locals line the streets to welcome the participants to town.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #37359

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Hey Steve,

Some friends of ours, Rose and Eddie Rice, have expressed an interest in getting legal and becoming bone fide RVMs. Have you heard from them?

Also while I have your attention, give Annie a hug for me.

Tom
Hey Tom.. yep I did get a PM from them and explained how to jump in on the thread and join in... still no word or post. I'm sure they'll get to it in mutant time...

So good to hear from you two. We missed you in Hot Springs, but you missed the hail... but it was one hail of curiosity!

Post your travels so others can find ya on the rainbow. I know you must be on or about to hit the road???

Hi Jan. Keep Tom in line and a keep in touch!

Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #37360

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Foot Dr said "Yep, Arther Itis". No bone spurs, just joint issues where I broke it 43 years ago.
Glad it's not bad hope the shot works prayers sent your way

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #37361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Glad it's not bad hope the shot works prayers sent your way

Thank you!
If it hurts less I can walk more. A good thing!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #37362

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Lol..... They didnt give it to me.... I did FINANCE the difference,
but i drove it for 3 years and got back $4000 less than I paid for it,
we had just paid it off, and the new payments and interest are much lower....

Btw... Thanks to Martin........
We did join the freightliner club and got a nice discount as well as a military discount.

Ok.... Here it is on the Missouri dealer lot....

Attachment 94596

WOW very nice!!! We may need to get one sometime soon too.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #37363

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Dave,

I had Cortisone shots in my spine prior to being approved for back surgery. The only result was they made me gain 50# and that was after I had gastric bypass! I won't ever take any sort or steroids again unless it's a life or death choice. If your pain has gone away you might think hard about that Cortisone shot. Every medication has some consequences and I sure don't like those.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #37364

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
It's a group of about 30 of us and we host a huge motorcycle event in Port Alberni. Everyone who comes has to bring a toy for a youngster and our society makes sure that everyone gets something from 'Santa' at Christmas. Since the forestry industry collapsed on the Island there are huge areas of high unemployment so we try to assist the parents with needs.

We've had as many as 2500 bikers in town for the weekend and we've pulled in over a million in cash and a 1/2 million in toys and there is no monetary reward to the members. Every dime we get in goes to the kids in need. The day begins with a bike parade into town, a family fun day (everything free) at a local park, kids games, bike games (some involving the kids) food and then a huge dance for the adults to culminate the day.

The money is dispersed to schools for feeding breakfast and lunch to students, special needs programs and such. Toys are dispersed to groups that provide emergency hampers and Christmas hampers, and Ambulance, Fire and police departments along with search and rescue get stuffies to give to kids in distress when the need arises.

We even support fund a minor camping program.

See

Please note how the biker parade is treated as a great fun event as the locals line the streets to welcome the participants to town.

Stay out of Waco, Tx!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #37365
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
[...]
Wayne, how's Earlene? If you posted an update over the weekend, I haven't found it yet.
Compared to who? Oh...okay...I really think she is better because she has been nagging me with things to do, even go shopping with her. I have to go so I can keep an eye on her spending habits. She is still sore so I keep telling jokes to make the ribs heal faster. Not only did the left rib fracture, but the meat around the right rib pulled away and is more painful then the fracture.

Quote:
[...]
Earlene, how are you...

Same reply as to Mel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Stay out of Waco, Tx!
Huh! Why! That can happen anyplace, anytime.

================================

Earlene said thanks for asking. We are off to see about tires for Citrus.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #37366

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave,

I had Cortisone shots in my spine prior to being approved for back surgery. The only result was they made me gain 50# and that was after I had gastric bypass! I won't ever take any sort or steroids again unless it's a life or death choice. If your pain has gone away you might think hard about that Cortisone shot. Every medication has some consequences and I sure don't like those.

I had one in my left shoulder 3 years ago. Still good to go!
I had several injections in my lumbar in 2005. That and isometrics keeps it in check.
The tarsals on the left side of my left foot were broken in 3 places oh so long ago. It has always been a faithful barometer!
The pain comes and goes at its own whim, and has been good/bad limp/cane since February of 12, but more troublesome as time goes on. Mildy painful now, but it will be back with vengeance in mind!
It is cortisone or surgery. I avoided the knife on my lumbar and shoulder. Hoping for a redux.
Or would that be a trifecta?