Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #37857

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Colleen, if it says Wrangler on it you are good.
Mine is stock and I'm not a rock crawler, but if goes thru a lot of rough stuff just as it is. We go see critters and scenery that tourists cannot dream of.
Your turn!

We are excited to soon have one! I sure we will use it a lot on our adventures. I plan to always take the camera too.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 08:52 AM   #37858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
Because of our soon to be new location we are going to look for a Jeep, anyone have an opinion on which one is best?

We want to tow it too. Plan to leave my C-Max Energi at my daughters as I will fly back for grandkids birthdays and doctor appointments too.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....

Well, having owned an '09 2 door Wrangler Sahara for toad duty and now a '14 Cherokee Limited, I have to say the latter is infinitely preferable. I never was able to get into the rear seat of the Wrangler. We took that out in the end to give us reasonable space for groceries and that was always a hassle, having to unzip the rear window to gain better access. A fixed hard top would have been better. Having the rear seat removed of course prevented us from taking rally friends out on trips. The 3.8 L V6 was a thirsty old dog ( the later Pentastar engines are a lot better ) and always seemed to lack power.

On the other hand, the Cherokee really suits us fine. It's not too large but can carry us and friends in comfort. The rear hatch opens at the touch of a button and it's got more electronic gizmos than you can shake a stick at. It will parallel park itself ( something I could never easily do in this country for some reason ) and hold station with the car in front on cruise control. The Cherokee is great for flat (4 down) towing as long as it has 4wd with Active Drive II. It just doesn't like hail much though.

I do have to agree with Di though - a Wrangler does hold its value. We sold ours for $2,000 MORE than we paid for it 4 years prior. But that's another story.
MartinC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:38 AM   #37859

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A Super Special Mini-C today - Jeff and Marcia rolling in to Amana in a couple hours and guess what... it's Marcias birthday... Woot Woot..

Really looking forward to this reunion of mutants... RVM39 and RVM2 will be tipping something tonight... and it won't be cows.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #37860

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Yea we won't get the great mileage as our duel fuel anymore but we have an F350 so used to that too. I get 74 mpg with the C-Max and will certainly miss that ;-).

Hunter said only a 4 door so that's what we have been looking at.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Colleen, the best ever fuel mileage vehicle I ever owned was an Austin Mini. It would do 75 at the top end, and burn a gallon and hour. I loved it and so did my mom. It was the only three year stint I made without getting a speeding ticket on I-75. Both feet on the accelerator to get it to do the speed limit.

Quote:
We are excited to soon have one! I sure we will use it a lot on our adventures. I plan to always take the camera too.

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
I've owned t5hree jeeps. A CJ, a baby Cherokee and a Grand Cherokee. The straight six baby Cherokee was the worst one for highway mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Well, having owned an '09 2 door Wrangler Sahara for toad duty and now a '14 Cherokee Limited, I have to say the latter is infinitely preferable. I never was able to get into the rear seat of the Wrangler. We took that out in the end to give us reasonable space for groceries and that was always a hassle, having to unzip the rear window to gain better access. A fixed hard top would have been better. Having the rear seat removed of course prevented us from taking rally friends out on trips. The 3.8 L V6 was a thirsty old dog ( the later Pentastar engines are a lot better ) and always seemed to lack power.

On the other hand, the Cherokee really suits us fine. It's not too large but can carry us and friends in comfort. The rear hatch opens at the touch of a button and it's got more electronic gizmos than you can shake a stick at. It will parallel park itself ( something I could never easily do in this country for some reason ) and hold station with the car in front on cruise control. The Cherokee is great for flat (4 down) towing as long as it has 4wd with Active Drive II. It just doesn't like hail much though.

I do have to agree with Di though - a Wrangler does hold its value. We sold ours for $2,000 MORE than we paid for it 4 years prior. But that's another story.
They are also the coolest vehicle for all round driving. I still wander the area logging roads and trails to go fishing. I don't even bother jacking mine up as they twist and turn around things quite easily. Then again i no longer rock crawl so elevation and articulation are no longer needed. BTW I am still daily driving my 1994 GCL and still enjoying it. Even if I have to now jump start the A/C
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:12 AM   #37861
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
WOW IT RAINED last night!
No kidding! What a storm we had! Did you guys have any high water? We live on the northeast side on the San Jac River. Our rain gauge ran over at 6", so I estimate that we had over 8" in 5 hours. Our pool crested in the back yard and our roof leaked around the chimney, but we are lucky compared to thousands of people today in Houston.

Wayne--any high water in your area? I hope all is well in TC!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #37862
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
No kidding! What a storm we had! Did you guys have any high water? We live on the northeast side on the San Jac River. Our rain gauge ran over at 6", so I estimate that we had over 8" in 5 hours. Our pool crested in the back yard and our roof leaked around the chimney, but we are lucky compared to thousands of people today in Houston.

Wayne--any high water in your area? I hope all is well in TC!
Thanks Sarah, no flooding and we are fine. I had a weather alert on the iPhone around 11:30 p.m. last evening so I stayed up watching the radar. We had a couple thunder bumpers come over us but nothing drastic. I stayed up until around 12:45 when it passed and there was nothing spectacular - thank goodness. I have been watching and looking at videos and it is shocking. I really believe that will all the construction of new buildings, parking lots, etc. the topography has changed drastically when it comes to running waters. Of course a couple areas in Houston had 11" of rain and there is no predicting what that would do.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #37863
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evenin. Mutes!

[...]

I no sooner drop her off at home and get to the corner headed back home when I get myself into an accident! First time in 40 years. Wayne may hit a curb but I take out the side of Ford Fusions. Luckily no one was hurt but I still had the hookup couplers on the jeep and as the car went in front of me that coupler went into his side door and before he could stop, just like the Titanic he had a long new air vent across his rear passenger door.
I looked but never saw him till he was in front of me. Is it time for glasses?

Only damage to the jeep was a cracked cover on the headlight and of course a bent coupler! Oh what a day.

[...]

#31 out

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Hey Herb, sorry to hear of the mishap. Must have been the other guys fault. However I am sure that my curb side manners will be forgotten about i light of this.

By the way, while you are waiting for a driving test and glasses, Coleen is looking for a jeep. Oh, and you can always let Barb drive. If she is anything like Earlene I know she tells you she is a better driver, and most likely rightly so.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #37864

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Birthday Girl and her chauffer have arrived!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432665641796.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	95308  
Old 05-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #37865

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Happy Birthday Marcia!!!!!

Get Jeff to spoil you just a bit more than usual today, OK??
Old 05-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #37866

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
BTW somehow my how-you-call on the <------- side of the page shows I have Skype. I DON'T.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #37867

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
BTW somehow my how-you-call on the <------- side of the page shows I have Skype. I DON'T.
Kletus... I never see anything on the phone app... so I didn't know you didn't have Skype. I do but have never used it... lol.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #37868

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
A Super Special Mini-C today - Jeff and Marcia rolling in to Amana in a couple hours and guess what... it's Marcias birthday... Woot Woot..

Really looking forward to this reunion of mutants... RVM39 and RVM2 will be tipping something tonight... and it won't be cows.

Oh! but tipping cows or outhouses would be so much fun after tipping a few of the other planned things!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #37869

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh! but tipping cows or outhouses would be so much fun after tipping a few of the other planned things!

Yep!
Marty, there are some us that just KNOW. When yer in 4T (Tip Top Tipping Territory), Tipping is what ya do. Hard to Top good Tipping!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #37870
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Go to User CP and look under "Edit Your Details." See if there is anything in the Skype address field. If so, delete it. Click Save.