Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #38025

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Wish Jackie and I knew your plans.. you drove right past us in N W Indiana and Jackie has been after me to take her to Four Winds for some gambling.

Maybe next time.

Hope your luck is great......
Oh dang it, I didn't know we did that, well we are here over night and I'm not sure where tomorrow. We were originally from MI but now South Dakota, we played and broke even and had fun.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #38026

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I wanna GoPro anyway. Lol. Who among us has not had to stand on the brakes a few times due to dunderheads? It's scary but I'm amazed at air brakes. Keep em cool - dry - not hot and they are a miracle.
No fancy airbrakes here...but we've had to stand on the brakes for nimnos who pulled in front of us and then decided..."Oh! there's our exit, quick stomp on the brakes and forget to put our blinkers on....."
Old 05-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #38027

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
No fancy airbrakes here...but we've had to stand on the brakes for nimnos who pulled in front of us and then decided..."Oh! there's our exit, quick stomp on the brakes and forget to put our blinkers on....."
Was there too... up until 2012... it's sad the way some folks drive. Even when in CR-V Mutant we get cutoff... go figure.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:11 PM   #38028

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So flocks of geese are still flying overhead outside of Forest City.

Went into town to get the feel of the place. Court House and Bicycle Park...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432865352469.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	95541   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432865377844.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	95542  

Name:	1432865415629.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	95543   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432865450976.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	95544  

Name:	1432865468675.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	95545   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432865487806.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	95546  

Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #38029

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wonder how often that painted statue must get a new coat of paint...
Old 05-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #38030

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Wonder how often that painted statue must get a new coat of paint...
A guy was there and said about every 10 years give or take...
Old 05-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #38031

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ugh rain rain go away, don't come back till next year please!

Someone told me that it's been raining in Texas since the Blubell factory closed down because God is crying!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #38032

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Barb,

I don't think the South side was hit with other than road closures. Property damage was Downtown, North and West of Houston.

High water locations across Houston | abc13.com
Thanks Wayne! Finally heard from my brother -- he was out of the country and didn't hear about the floods. But all is well on the family front.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #38033

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Attention Mutants... this RVMutant Scouting Report was filed by Barb earlier this evening from Bryce Canyon. She is having a little sluggish WiFi so I'm passing this along...

Bryce Update -
Ok, so here's the info I got today at Ruby's campground just outside Bryce Canyon.

Our assigned block of sites are the following numbers 101-104, 111, 113-115, 119-122. They do have free wifi, but some sites will receive better coverage than others. The antenna is on top of the restrooms just north of our block or to the right on their map, but all sites have mature trees which might affect coverage. There is very good wifi reception at the office.

The roads are asphalt, but the sites are gravel, actually more like caliche. All are pull thru, FHU 30/50 amp.

There is a free park service shuttle bus that stops on the road in front of the campground if you don't want to drive.

There is a $25/car entry fee to get into the canyon unless you have a NPS pass. You can buy or obtain the free access pass (for disabled) at the gate. Look on the park website for info.
Ruby's has a pool and they sell propane.

There are decent boondocking sites in the Dixie national forest less than a mile from Ruby's. One spot I know would hold 4-5 smaller RVs, but it might help if someone got there a few days early to stake claim to it.

Any questions?
Barb

Now that there's a awesome Scouting Report!

This is a repeat from previous days....

Attention Mutants!
I have just blocked 12 sites at
Ruby's Inn - RV Park and Camp Ground just outside Bryce Canyon. (See Link Below).

Dates: Aug. 15th - 23rd - departing the 24th or stay longer if you wish.

I did 8 days because it is a fair distance for many Mutants to journey - and there is lots to see and do. There is no weekly rate - it's fixed at caravan rate.

http://www.brycecanyoncampgrounds.com/

I spoke with Krisette and she is delightful! With 10 or more rigs we get the Caravan Rate of $37.95 + tax.

Cancellation Policy: 48 hour cxl policy no charge, or 1 night rate if less 48 hours notice.

Rubys is Almost - 8000 feet above sea level and will be quite pleasant that time of year.

We are Registered as - wait for it - RVMutants! You may call and reserver your site at any time:
(435) 834-5301

Let us know here when you have made your reservation.

Can ya feel it. There's a buzz in the air... another GC is coming together. First Ever Fall Into End of Summer GC @ Ruby's Bryce Canyon. Formerly know as the place Barb Once Bought a Shower!

Woot....
Old 05-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #38034

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Evening, Muteys:

After having a really close call twice in one trip a few weeks ago, we are considering a dash camera. I am sad to say that some drivers are very inconsiderate, and if I rear end someone because I can't stop in time, I'll be getting the ticket, not the other driver that cut me off.

Anyone in our group have a dash cam? If so, would you buy the same one? Brand? Price?

And where the heck is Tim?
Elizabeth,

I may be right behind you! No, not in traffic, but in line to buy a dash cam. I've lost count of how many times I've stood on the brakes with both feet to keep from hitting some idiot weaving in and out of traffic. I see it as cheap insurance.

My only problem is where to mount it so Sena can't steal it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #38035

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Attention Mutants... this RVMutant Scouting Report was filed by Barb earlier this evening from Bryce Canyon. She is having a little sluggish WiFi so I'm passing this along...

Bryce Update -
Ok, so here's the info I got today at Ruby's campground just outside Bryce Canyon.

Our assigned block of sites are the following numbers 101-104, 111, 113-115, 119-122. They do have free wifi, but some sites will receive better coverage than others. The antenna is on top of the restrooms just north of our block or to the right on their map, but all sites have mature trees which might affect coverage. There is very good wifi reception at the office.

The roads are asphalt, but the sites are gravel, actually more like caliche. All are pull thru, FHU 30/50 amp.

There is a free park service shuttle bus that stops on the road in front of the campground if you don't want to drive.

There is a $25/car entry fee to get into the canyon unless you have a NPS pass. You can buy or obtain the free access pass (for disabled) at the gate. Look on the park website for info.

There are decent boondocking sites in the Dixie national forest less than a mile from Ruby's. One spot I know would hold 4-5 smaller RVs, but it might help if someone got there a few days early to stake claim to it.

Any questions?
Barb

Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #38036

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Ugh rain rain go away, don't come back till next year please!

Someone told me that it's been raining in Texas since the Blubell factory closed down because God is crying!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
It's hard to believe how much rain has fallen from the Midwest all the way to the gulf coast. Stay safe Herb... you too Barb.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #38037

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Wish Jackie and I knew your plans.. you drove right past us in N W Indiana and Jackie has been after me to take her to Four Winds for some gambling.

Maybe next time.

Hope your luck is great......
Posting travel plans on the RVM email list could prevent some of these missed opportunities and not tell anyone but our RVM family.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #38038

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I see that they never put us in the mutant group like I asked. I will have to call tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Bryce Update -

Any questions?
Barb

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote