Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #39159
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ya know... we miss hearing from you two. Can't wait to see ya again. Any idea on Bryce?
Well, Steve, I wish we could make Bryce. But I see no way. I'll be having knee replacement on Sept. 23 and have to get the fall issue of the magazine out before then. Afraid I won't be able to take any time off before surgery. I'll be burning the midnight oil plenty.

But the next time we come to a GC, we hope to spend more time visiting with everyone! (Lets hope Bow continues to stay healthy.) We still talk about the incredible generosity, skill and talent of the Mighty Mutant Men. (Magic Mike? Pffffsss.)

Hope you and Annie are having a great time on your adventure!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #39160

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I can't contain myself. I've got to ask. Does anyone else feel that the nightly news and internet headlines are trying to compete with Jerry Springer and Maury Povich?

Seriously, what next is going to be treated as serious news? Should we report the sighting of a person who thinks they're a unicorn at a gathering of mutants in Arkansas and his loyal followers will swear to his authenticity? Earlene could be on all four major networks, FoxNews, CNN, and MSNBC. Whoopee !!!!
I am boycotting reality at the moment and haven't seen the news in ages. But I have seen the afore mentioned unicorn... and have stayed at an HIE.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #39161

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Well, Steve, I wish we could make Bryce. But I see no way. I'll be having knee replacement on Sept. 23 and have to get the fall issue of the magazine out before then. Afraid I won't be able to take any time off before surgery. I'll be burning the midnight oil plenty.

But the next time we come to a GC, we hope to spend more time visiting with everyone! (Lets hope Bow continues to stay healthy.) We still talk about the incredible generosity, skill and talent of the Mighty Mutant Men. (Magic Mike? Pffffsss.)

Hope you and Annie are having a great time on your adventure!
Bow will be just fine! And you'll be free of the mag soon enough. I just had to ask since I couldn't remeber... doh.

We are making the best of the situation. After the rain this afternoon - Annie was complaining about sweeping up the wet grass in the doorway. I told her I'd find her a nice concrete parking lot like Cabelas or Walmart and we wouldn't have that problem. Suddenly the song and tune changed. Lol.

Oh the humanity.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #39162
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It looks like a beautiful and natural setting for the wedding. Congrats to the newlyweds.
It was just a beautiful place, beautiful day, beautiful wedding. Thanks, Don.

Quote:
Great pics of flowers. The person(s) paying for lovely flowers at the ceremony saved about $40,000 on those beauties.
No kidding! The savings went to James and Allison as they paid for their shindig ... and quite a shindig it was! Mesquite-grilled steaks and quail for 100 people! Scrumptious! Tim, you shoulda been there when James and his brothers went quail hunting!

Quote:
I can't contain myself. I've got to ask. Does anyone else feel that the nightly news and internet headlines are trying to compete with Jerry Springer and Maury Povich?

Yes, Steve, definitely. But then I still miss David Brinkley and Chet Huntley and Walter Cronkite. They used to simply report the news. No spin. Just facts. Those days are LONG gone, I fear.

Seriously, what next is going to be treated as serious news? Should we report the sighting of a person who thinks they're a unicorn at a gathering of mutants in Arkansas and his loyal followers will swear to his authenticity? Earlene could be on all four major networks, FoxNews, CNN, and MSNBC. Whoopee !!!!
24-hour news has ruined news reporting. They have so much time to fill that they throw any kind of crap together and call it a "story." Well, I shouldn't have gotten on my soap box. See what you started?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
BTW all, the big storm is surrounding Texas City but so far just light rain as it is as stated surrounding us. Surrounding towns, Galveston, Seabrook, Bolivar, Surfside and others have seen flooding in neighborhoods and roadways. Travel could be a little iffy.

Thank you Lord for sparing us the the torrents of rain.
Really glad to know you all missed the brunt of that storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I am boycotting reality at the moment and haven't seen the news in ages. But I have seen the afore mentioned unicorn... and have stayed at an HIE.
That unicorn in a tutu is a real pal, so don't make fun. He's courageous! (I think ... or maybe it was the hurricanes .... and I'm not talking about the one named "Bill.") So, do you like the cinnamon rolls at HIE?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #39163

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Can I be on TV also? Please? I could wear the Tutu without shorts.
You and Earlene both have too many visible teeth to go on national news talking about any weather disaster. Don't you know they only choose people missing front teeth!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:52 PM   #39164

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
24-hour news has ruined news reporting. They have so much time to fill that they throw any kind of crap together and call it a "story." Well, I shouldn't have gotten on my soap box. See what you started?!
I think we can all agree that the news is no longer the news.

The whole situation is ruining the western hemisphere and juct continuing the dummying down of the population.

Oh well thankfuly we have mutants to converse with.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:06 AM   #39165

What a start to a crappie day shara's cat died this morning. It looks like she just went to sleep. At the foot of our bed. Please pray for her and shara. Sorry for the bad news.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 AM   #39166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
What a start to a crappie day shara's cat died this morning. It looks like she just went to sleep. At the foot of our bed. Please pray for her and shara. Sorry for the bad news.

So sorry that Midnight had to be called away so soon. :(
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #39167

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
So sorry to hear that…
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:00 AM   #39168

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
So sorry that Midnight had to be called away so soon. :(
X2. Sorry to hear this.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:48 AM   #39169

Texas Boomers Club
So sad. Our four-legged friends enrich our lives immensely and it's hard when they go away. My thoughts are with you, Shara.
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #39170

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Ohmmns to Shara! Sorry to hear your sad news.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:56 AM   #39171

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Taking off in the morning to pick up the Airstream. Heavy rain in Houston and along the coast.

Wondering where I should head from Mississippi... Back down the coast towards Texas.. or elsewhere

Dwayne and Shara - my vet once told me "It's unfortunate that our animal friends don't live as long as we do.." and he just sort of trailed off......

Boy have I ever been through the run through on pets... I think after the 5 I have now go away, I don't know if I can ever do it again....
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #39172

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
What a start to a crappie day shara's cat died this morning. It looks like she just went to sleep. At the foot of our bed. ...
I know the feeling of such a sudden unexpected loss. Our thoughts are with you and Shara.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote