Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #39803

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I don't mind doing breakfasts at all. My biggest number I cooked breakfast for was about 50 people and I recently did a spaghetti supper for around 80 at a fundraiser. The BBQ I used today has four burners and a separate back burner for the rotisserie so I have no way of getting that monster unit to Bryce.

BTW Denise wants me to try doing a turkey on the BBQ. I want to actually give it a try once I figure out how many hours to cook it for.
With Eds crepes and Papaw Steve poaching eggs for eggs Benedict, and everyone making bacon - you're cooking the breakfast steaks - rib eyes...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #39804

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
7 month old what? He looks like an albino moose!
The young lady, Amy, is a recently minted veterinarian. Moving to Freeman SD for her first job.

She is tent camping and her dog moose is bread for watching sheep. His lineage is a tri-breed for the job.

He's a Polish Tatra, Spanish Mastiff, Maremma mix. Slated to be about 120 lbs. He is the sweetest dog.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #39805
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wish i had thought to say congratulations, to you and Kate, and Mary and Virginia, but in all honesty, i just think of you all as being just one of us, a mutant. I never think about it....
when Larry and I married 13 years ago, we loved each other, but it was not because we felt we needed to be married, but so that i could receive benefits. We had been through previous divorces and were satisfied to just be together, I look at the person, above all, i am happy that our government will allow all people to have the right to enter into the contract of marriage and the rights and benefits......
So CONGRATULATIONS today to all of our mutants, married, single, old, young, male, female, talkative, or silent.... I am happy to be part of this mutant rainbow ride.... And am excited about being ableto meet each if you and to know you all better.

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

The "silent one" says thank you. I read Steve's post and your post to her and she grinned from ear to ear. You are so insightful, Di. We understand what you're saying for sure. And, like you, we are so happy that we can now have the benefits and security afforded by the contract. Your words blessed us this evening. (I'm behind on reading posts. You know how it is!)

Also, happy anniversary Les and Bonnie! Ommmms for all things to work out for y'all, Herb and Barb. Welcome all new RVMs!!! I know I'm leaving out some important greetings, well-wishes, etc. So, Woot! Woot! Ommmmmmm and so forth to everyone.

I love this Rainbow of Mutants! Everyone have a fun and safe 4th!

Mel

PS - We're headed to Hamilton, TX on Thursday afternoon. Our niece's new hubby and his family have a ranch there and have an area devoted to family RVing. They have some Airstreams set up permanently there and one open site with full hookups. Will post pics next week.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #39806

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The young lady, Amy, is a recently minted veterinarian. Moving to Freeman SD for her first job.

She is tent camping and her dog moose is bread for watching sheep. His lineage is a tri-breed for the job.

He's a Polish Tatra, Spanish Mastiff, Maremma mix. Slated to be about 120 lbs. He is the sweetest dog.
And here they are now. Neighbors coming by to say adios...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435545728617.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	98642  
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #39807

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
BTW Denise wants me to try doing a turkey on the BBQ. I want to actually give it a try once I figure out how many hours to cook it for.
Hey Dennis, I've done it numerous times. Lenght of time depends on how much heat you're using. Just put a meat thermometer in the thick part of the breast and when it gets to the right temp....walla! I liked to do just the breast with some mesquite chips smokin' under the cover....delish!! Wrap the outside in heavy duty aluminum foil leaving the ends open. That will keep it from charring the outside.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #39808

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Hey Dennis, I've done it numerous times. Lenght of time depends on how much heat you're using. Just put a meat thermometer in the thick part of the breast and when it gets to the right temp....walla! I liked to do just the breast with some mesquite chips smokin' under the cover....delish!! Wrap the outside in heavy duty aluminum foil leaving the ends open. That will keep it from charring the outside.

Yo, Ken!
Have you tried turkey breast as you state, but baste ot with mayonnaise? Sounds gucky but it rocks! It's a MN thing.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:08 PM   #39809

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Just wonderin' is that GF bread??
Old 06-28-2015, 09:09 PM   #39810

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yo, Ken!
Have you tried turkey breast as you state, but baste ot with mayonnaise? Sounds gucky but it rocks! It's a MN thing.
No never tried it that way Dave. I usually just use some olive oil, but I'll have to try it next time.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #39811

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Well... the solar install went well. 4 of 6 panels are installed, need to fab up 2 sets of brackets to complete. Wired the 4 panels and had some free power today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150628_155507.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	98646  
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:54 PM   #39812

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Well... the solar install went well. 4 of 6 panels are installed, need to fab up 2 sets of brackets to complete. Wired the 4 panels and had some free power today.
Very nice Ed. Where does that cabling lead to as it looks like it heads towards the back? And what kind of cabling did you use?

One more q. How much wattage in total will you have?
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #39813

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
The "silent one" says thank you. I read Steve's post and your post to her and she grinned from ear to ear. You are so insightful, Di. We understand what you're saying for sure. And, like you, we are so happy that we can now have the benefits and security afforded by the contract. Your words blessed us this evening. (I'm behind on reading posts. You know how it is!)

Also, happy anniversary Les and Bonnie! Ommmms for all things to work out for y'all, Herb and Barb. Welcome all new RVMs!!! I know I'm leaving out some important greetings, well-wishes, etc. So, Woot! Woot! Ommmmmmm and so forth to everyone.

I love this Rainbow of Mutants! Everyone have a fun and safe 4th!

Mel

PS - We're headed to Hamilton, TX on Thursday afternoon. Our niece's new hubby and his family have a ranch there and have an area devoted to family RVing. They have some Airstreams set up permanently there and one open site with full hookups. Will post pics next week.
Hey you two... have a grand time with family! Look forward to the pics!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #39814

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
I made supper tonight.

Too hot to cook indoors so I fired up the BBQ and rotisserie.

Getting better each attempt.
Looks yummy- Perfectly browned - Make it turkey or grouse or game hens and I can eat it too in Bryce.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:24 PM   #39815

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Rich & Val - Welcome to RVMdom RVM119!

Yesterday was spent at the Sacajawea State Park where the big event was held. We helped load caches into peoples gps'r and then helped hand out the beautiful minted coins when cachers returned. They also used my laptop to set up a movie after dark on a huge blow up movie screen. We didn't get back to the TT until 11:30 p.m. It got up to 112 degrees F during the day and we downed the water all day.

Wayne, I might have to try the roll of "space bubble" (Aluminum foil) for the next trip.

We just missed you by a few miles. Bummer. We saw on facebook that there were two fires in our hometown yesterday but nowhere near our place but one of the cacher's at the event - her parents were told to leave their home yesterday. There was also a fire in the Tri-Cities yesterday too as we could see and smell the smoke.

HerbnBarb - glad you are okay.

Keep us in the loop you guys and if we are available, maybe we'll drive over too. Just depends on the timing.

Happy anniversary Dogpatch!

I've heard that one many many times growing up!

Dang it would have been fun to meet up. We are in SLC for 2 days now.

Where is your hometown?

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:25 PM   #39816

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Just wonderin' is that GF bread??
I still have my eye on you.