Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2015, 07:06 AM   #40027
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
p.s., being retired some days you don't have to get up until 12:00 p.m. and then some days you can do it twice.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 07:41 AM   #40028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
We have a friend who is an engineer and wrote this article about a concept for Roundabouts designed for semi- trucks/big rigs. It's really interesting so thought I would share it here too.

http://www.mackaysposito.com/talk-to-us/careers

Hunter & Colleen
Texas here we come....

My home town/city has gone roundabout crazy. They plant 'em where there was determined to be a traffic snarl due to multi-lanes at a traffic signal. Their "theory" of improving the snarl has fallen apart. Roundabouts are fine for light to moderate traffic times, but at rush hour, they are a massive mess. Body shops love roundabouts ... great for business.

Another boneheaded thing is the do-gooder civic clubs come out and plant vegetation in the center of the circle. This crap grows up and becomes a visual barrier that blocks any chance for drivers to see traffic that is entering the roundabout until a "surprise speeder" pops out from behind the screen.

There is a city in the SE that has removed its roundabouts because of the hazard to pedestrians. Imagine how much fun it is to attempt to walk or bike across a roundabout intersection!

I put my two cents in (opened my big mouth) at a city council meeting concerning this issue. Might as well been talking to a brick wall. The city is determined to keep up with the in vogue trend of surrounding towns. One council member suggested that they could put in traffic signals that the pedestrians would activate when wanting to cross. HELLO !!?? A roundabout with stop lights? Another bright suggestion was to build overhead bridges for pedestrian walkways. That likely would work, but the cost is astronomical compared to a simple "X" intersection with properly timed traffic signals.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #40029

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
hooray
Just completed first day of retirement......
jfjr
Jim & Paula
RVM116
It only gets better from here. Congratulations!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435844407042.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	98954  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #40030

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We recently drove Hwy 169 through Blue Earth, Mn and their 3 roundabouts. The Garmin surprised me with "At the Roundabout, keep right. Make the second right." Fortunately it's not a large town with a lot of traffic. Blue Earth is a nice little town, but 3 roundabouts to the highway was interesting to say the least.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435845017264.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	98957  
Old 07-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #40031

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Not sure if I sated this on here before but.... When I lived in Victoria there was a meeting called by planning that was to talk about reinstalling roundabouts within the city. Silly me I asked why, if roundabouts were so great why were they removed after the first attempt at usage? The city Engineer looked at me and stated, when the city tried them in the early 1900s there were way to many newly arrived Expats (British) here in the colony and they just wouldn't stop holding left.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #40032

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A little early morning rain has turned to intermittent sprinkles. Should clear up in a couple hours. It's packing up day before our 190 mile run to the MMDC Resort for the the 3rd thru 5th of July Celebration. Then on to Colorado on the 6th. Life is grand on the rainbow!
Old 07-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #40033

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So driving in to Grand Island NE the other day the on board computer bings me - oil change and filter due 200 miles. Just had it done April 3rd... apparently they forgot to reset the thing. Have a call into them and have time set in the morning to have it done at Nebraska Truck Center in GI Ne. What a pita. Looks like I will have an early departure.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #40034

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Arizona??

KOA, FL. Is AZ any better?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #40035

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
KOA, FL. Is AZ any better?
I don't know about AZ KOA... but was suggesting AZ for a winter change... there will be mutants in abundance... you and Martin would be a welcome addition. We will likely change locations on a month or every other month basis if possible.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #40036

Sorry I'm a bit tardy again. Had to shut down yesterday due to end of month restriction on ... whatever it is ... bandwidth? Gigabytes or summat. Going back for ketchup now.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #40037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That's okay, as I have many friends in low places. I'll find you - especially since you hang out in low places.

You do know about the WAG and SWAG principle, right? WAG is a Wild *#( Guess, and if you read the manual it is a Scientific Wild *#( Guess.

Been using those systems for donkeys years, just didn't know they had offishul names!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #40038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Arizona places to try- Tucson---- Dustin's Diamond J, Desert Trails, Whispering Palms, South Forty RV Ranch, Rincon.
Check out Apache Junction, ton of good places.
Also, check with Campdaven & PTjeep. They both know of great places in AZ.

I'm doing a "Di": taking notes, starting a list. 😙
Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #40039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Tricare wont pay till it beeps... We see private doc, not VA... Their wait is too long, but his private cardiologist is over the VA cardiology too..... They have said they will get him in within a week.... Somewhere else? We would have to see a doctor and go through steps etc, so our choice to be here. Both sons went to this med school where we go, ALL of our doctors know them, so we have great contacts... When he got the other, he got the first wifi in the state..... It is just frustrating to wait on a beep.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

I've been wondering, too, lately. It seems a verrry long wait!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #40040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Some one is up and running where will they end up only time will tell. Lol

Hooray for up & runnin! I recognize that red Jeep. Keep on keepin on, you two!