Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #40769
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Don & I were together 10 years before we married 10 years ago......��
For us, 18 yrs together and almost 2 years "legal." How Kate has put up with me for 20 years is a wonder!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #40770

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Hello.... It's morning.
A Poem for you:
Coffee,coffee coffee

Coffee

Coffee, Coffee

Everyone shut up.

Coffee.

Les just lost his poet laureate position.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #40771

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve and Annie.

Congratulations on the one year together.

Mel,

Just got word from upper NY

Our two friends there are actually contemplating the big step but it will be a small celebration and we may not get to attend. That SC decision a while back is the greatest news for them.

Congratulations on your two years also.

Denise and I celebrated our tenth a couple of years ago at the place were we got married. I managed to hide that little thing from her when we went to celebrate our anniversary a couple of days early. Love surprising her like that.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #40772

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve and Annie,

Congratulations on your first of many anniversaries. Have a most fun day!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #40773

Mel and Kate, we all feel your disappointment, not only because Bow has an issue, but the fine gift you intended got interrupted too.
Aw shucks!
Best wishes
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #40774

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Now for the latest on Bow ....

Niece Allison, hubby James and 8 yo stepson Gardner took off in Bow on Friday afternoon around 4:00, headed to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. They called us around 6:30 to tell us they were dead on the side of the road about 4 miles from the state park entrance. James said all of sudden Bow started losing power, like it was running out of diesel. He said engine would crank, but then nothing. Would not run. He wondered if the fuel pump has gone out.

I called Good Sam's Roadside Assist & learned Kate or I had to be with the coach in order for them to have it towed. We each got in our own car and headed north. (Needed to leave a car for Allison & James.) Got there around 9:30. Good Sam told us it would be 11:46 before a tow truck could get to us. But, he came at 11:15 and towed Bow to the commercial campground 6 miles back, near I-27. Pulled her into the site Allison had arranged for by phone. Helped the kids set up then took off. Got home at 2:30am today.

Before they took off in Bow, I had discovered that the front roof AC was blowing air that was not cool. On monitor panel, noticed that it kept cycling between the red "Shed" light and the green light. Rear AC was blowing cold.

On Monday morning, Good Sam will have Bow towed to the nearest diesel mechanic shop that will work on RVs. Unfortunately, I fly to California on Sunday for meetings on Monday/Tuesday and don't get back until Wednesday at 5pm. I'm just sick. Kate is going to have to deal with the shop by phone. Not a good situation.

We are experiencing some of the trials and tribulations most of you have already dealt with. "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, Mama said. ....."

Any words of wisdom? Ideas? Thanks, everyone.

Mel

PS - This was our wedding gift to Allison, James, and Gardner. I'm just sick they didn't get to camp down in the canyon, that they had to deal with this breakdown, etc. But they are being such good sports about it all. They have Kate's car and are in the park now. Went on a horseback ride this morning. Go to the show at amphitheater tonight. Ohmmmmms to them for no more problems and Woots! for being such great sports!
OMG, Our hearts go out to all of you... Ohhmmmms to all for a quick repair & continued enjoyment of the trip...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #40775
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Mel,

Just got word from upper NY

Our two friends there are actually contemplating the big step but it will be a small celebration and we may not get to attend. That SC decision a while back is the greatest news for them.

Congratulations on your two years also.

Denise and I celebrated our tenth a couple of years ago at the place were we got married. I managed to hide that little thing from her when we went to celebrate our anniversary a couple of days early. Love surprising her like that.
Dennis, thanks so very much. You are a thoughtful, big-hearted guy, no matter what Wayne, Steve and Dave say about you! (Hee hee hee)

It's just great that you celebrate your friends! You don't have to be there in person for them to know you love and support them. They are blessed to have y'all in their corner!
Old 07-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #40776
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Mel and Kate, we all feel your disappointment, not only because Bow has an issue, but the fine gift you intended got interrupted too.
Aw shucks!
Best wishes
Thanks, Dave. Such is life, huh? The Rainbow doesn't shield us from the rain ... Just helps us see the sunshine while it's raining. 😊
Old 07-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #40777
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
OMG, Our hearts go out to all of you... Ohhmmmms to all for a quick repair & continued enjoyment of the trip...
Thanks, Richard. We accept all ohmmmms
Old 07-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #40778

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks again to all for well wishes on our 1st Anniversary!
Mel - were sending Omms to Bow. Hopefully it's fuel delivery related. Bow will be back better than before! Keep smiling!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #40779

Quote:
Thanks, Dave. Such is life, huh? The Rainbow doesn't shield us from the rain ... Just helps us see the sunshine while it's raining. 😊

And buying new isnt a guarantee of no issues either... Total shame that we accept inferior products... But hopefully it will all work out..... Good thoughts for you....

happy Anniversary to Steve and Annie.

Hugs to everyone else...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #40780

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Now for the latest on Bow ....

Niece Allison, hubby James and 8 yo stepson Gardner took off in Bow on Friday afternoon around 4:00, headed to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. They called us around 6:30 to tell us they were dead on the side of the road about 4 miles from the state park entrance. James said all of sudden Bow started losing power, like it was running out of diesel. He said engine would crank, but then nothing. Would not run. He wondered if the fuel pump has gone out.

I called Good Sam's Roadside Assist & learned Kate or I had to be with the coach in order for them to have it towed. We each got in our own car and headed north. (Needed to leave a car for Allison & James.) Got there around 9:30. Good Sam told us it would be 11:46 before a tow truck could get to us. But, he came at 11:15 and towed Bow to the commercial campground 6 miles back, near I-27. Pulled her into the site Allison had arranged for by phone. Helped the kids set up then took off. Got home at 2:30am today.

Before they took off in Bow, I had discovered that the front roof AC was blowing air that was not cool. On monitor panel, noticed that it kept cycling between the red "Shed" light and the green light. Rear AC was blowing cold.

On Monday morning, Good Sam will have Bow towed to the nearest diesel mechanic shop that will work on RVs. Unfortunately, I fly to California on Sunday for meetings on Monday/Tuesday and don't get back until Wednesday at 5pm. I'm just sick. Kate is going to have to deal with the shop by phone. Not a good situation.

We are experiencing some of the trials and tribulations most of you have already dealt with. "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, Mama said. ....."

Any words of wisdom? Ideas? Thanks, everyone.

Mel

PS - This was our wedding gift to Allison, James, and Gardner. I'm just sick they didn't get to camp down in the canyon, that they had to deal with this breakdown, etc. But they are being such good sports about it all. They have Kate's car and are in the park now. Went on a horseback ride this morning. Go to the show at amphitheater tonight. Ohmmmmms to them for no more problems and Woots! for being such great sports!
Fuel filters are usually the first culprit. 2nd one is low oil. Down 2 quarts, might not start because low oil pressure kills fuel pump.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #40781

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy Anniversary Steve & Annie!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #40782

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club