Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #41091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Oh yea, microwave should materialize at the dealership early next week. Check out target for "coach" is Friday. Geeeeesh, I wish I could believe half of the bull they're laying on us abut so-called ordering problems during the "longest repair process known to mankind". NO part supplier can be as incompetent as the dealership wants us to believe. Me thinks that we're just on the back burner and the "ordering problems" justify the wait. End of rant. . . . . . . . .

"Somebody" is starting to understand the standard RV dealership method of operation.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2015, 09:38 AM   #41092

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Okay all ye Cowboy/Cowgirl mutants - for those not wanting to get wet but want to participate in the shoot out... I have 4 sets of rubber band guns. We can set up cans on the fence to practice.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #41093

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Okay all ye Cowboy/Cowgirl mutants - for those not wanting to get wet but want to participate in the shoot out... I have 4 sets of rubber band guns. We can set up cans on the fence to practice.
Don't forget the geocache lessons! Short distances, many stops, a shot of preferred beverage at each find!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #41094

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hmmm wondering where my water bombs will play in here... bought 2 boxes of easy fill no tie off water balloons for the adventure...
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #41095

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Hmmm wondering where my water bombs will play in here... bought 2 boxes of easy fill no tie off water balloons for the adventure...

Ditto. Bag of 100

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1437753509.219265.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  145.2 KB
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #41096

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Remember Marty, a good mutant cleans up their mess! Ballon bombs make lots of little pieces!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #41097

Fleetwood Owners Club
It's sounding more and more like we need to plan a GC on the beach somewhere!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 AM   #41098

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Remember Marty, a good mutant cleans up their mess! Ballon bombs make lots of little pieces!

Yes, Mr. boy Scout leader... I do know that. Always try to leave a place better than you found it... cardinal rule of camping.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #41099

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Well.... We are in this group as well......
Hmmmm when you squeeze all the rainbow colors ya get V-8 juice..... Or is it tropical PUNCH (tp)......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
It's RV Mutant Hurricanes!
I need a big squirt gun full of them....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #41100

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
I'm starting to like the competition suggestions! Methinks everyone near the scene, spectators and all will become part of the body count. Trigger happy mutants are not to be trusted.

Bet some sneaky mutant will mix a bit of corn starch with the water ammo. This gives a narrower "beam" of water per squirt, and improves range. Not to mention the gooey mess it makes on the surprised victim.

Maybe I should grab my video camera and head out to the Bryce shoot out. The vid would be fantastic when played back in slo-mo. Music dubbed in could be a honky tonk tune like used for the Keystone Cops.
So now you're going to tease us with the hope that you might make it... ???

Get the to Ruby's I say!! All the cool kids are doing it...
Old 07-24-2015, 10:42 AM   #41101

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Papaw Steve... I was on a roll last night at Mandalay Bay. I ran one $20 up over $200 and another over $300. When the dust settled after 3 hours of handing money to Annie I ended up down $65. I sure wish my gal would learn to pick a winner. Last winner she picked was me... lol.

We had a blast. Here sister, nieces and BIL were not so lucky. We stayed out too late... and just got up. We had to cancel going with them to the Pahrump Valley Winery... Geesh. I don't know how these vacationers find the energy...
Old 07-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #41102

Bow is getting a new fuel pump with all the fixins to the tune of $4742.62!!!

Sorry about that, Mel. We all go through some of these things. Last year when we left GCCL1, we kept hearing increasingly loud whines from our differential. We stopped and found a mechanic to limp into and were told that the differential was toast. About four days and $4500 later, we were back on the road with a remanufactured unit in place.

After that, we went through a good part of the western states, going to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Cody, Yellowstone, Bryce (twice), Vegas, Hoover Dam, Williams Az, Grand Canyon, Zion, and all in between. Definitely worth it.

Fixing stuff is a pain in the wallet (and where you sit on it), but it gets us back on the rainbow.

In about a month we have an appointment with Spartan to replace some ball joints in the coach. If we are lucky, it won't be much over two grand...........

Anyway, sorry for your troubles, and keep on truckin'!

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #41103

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Bow is getting a new fuel pump with all the fixins to the tune of $4742.62!!!

Sorry about that, Mel. We all go through some of these things. Last year when we left GCCL1, we kept hearing increasingly loud whines from our differential. We stopped and found a mechanic to limp into and were told that the differential was toast. About four days and $4500 later, we were back on the road with a remanufactured unit in place.

After that, we went through a good part of the western states, going to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Cody, Yellowstone, Bryce (twice), Vegas, Hoover Dam, Williams Az, Grand Canyon, Zion, and all in between. Definitely worth it.

Fixing stuff is a pain in the wallet (and where you sit on it), but it gets us back on the rainbow.

In about a month we have an appointment with Spartan to replace some ball joints in the coach. If we are lucky, it won't be much over two grand...........

Anyway, sorry for your troubles, and keep on truckin'!

Tom
Tom... how many miles on the Newmar for the diff and ball joints. Bonita is at 24,250.... need to grow the nest egg... lol.

I was really glad Good Sam stepped up to replace the Spendide. The techs claim Spendide has done away the rear filter that can't be cleaned without pulling the unit. Can't wait to have the w/d back in service. The 2100 XC vented model looks very nice compared to the 2008, 2000s unit.

Hi Jan!!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #41104

Steve,

The Newmar has 117k miles. The differential was possibly damaged when a PO tried to tow it, but there is no way of knowing. This failure is very rare; they usually just wear out after about 750 to 1500 K miles. Just luck, I guess.

The ball joints are a known problem with that series of Spartan chassis. The BJ supplier used a bad design of rubber seals, and they all fail. If you catch it in time, the seals can be replaced, otherwise, weather and road grit eat them up. We'll see.

We (read Jan) really like the 2100XC vented unit. Don't know anything about a filter, so we're just crossing our fingers.

Hi Annie!

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote