Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #41553

Fleetwood Owners Club
Note to Possum, come to Bryce Canyon! Not everyone will be going to ID after Bryce so you could possibly miss out on meeting some fine mutants! (Me)
That is all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #41554

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Been there several times. That is just terrible that someone died.....

One time I stayed there they had real lightning and thunderstorms that was as loud or even louder than the show and echoed throughout the canyon. It was enough to scare the bejebers out of you... It was so bad that the lower camp was so flooded out that people had to leave their campers and hike out to where they could be picked up by the Rangers.

Ted
Tonight's show was canceled also, no word on Sunday's show yet! It's raining in buckets here now. After seeing the campgrounds I'm glad I'm up near the interstate!

I know Texas is proud of their Canyon but I wasn't impressed, but then again I'm use to parks with trees, not scrub and bushes.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #41555

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Tonight's show was canceled also, no word on Sunday's show yet! It's raining in buckets here now. After seeing the campgrounds I'm glad I'm up near the interstate!

I know Texas is proud of their Canyon but I wasn't impressed, but then again I'm use to parks with trees, not scrub and bushes.

I understand. I have also found that Texas State Parks are very expensive for most other State Parks, and they seam to nickel and dime you to death... Regardless, as I have to travel through Texas to get to my destination at least there are some spots to stay that are better than the Walmart. Park at the Walmart in Amarillo for any time and you will run the risk of being accosted by their regular beggars.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #41556
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Sorry to hear of the tragedy and I can understand the cancelling of the show. Sorry that you will miss it. Next time.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:24 AM   #41557

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
How long did your nose grow with that one... oh wise one...

Pinochio is jealous.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:25 AM   #41558

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sorry to hear of the tragedy and I can understand the cancelling of the show. Sorry that you will miss it. Next time.
Still have a chance tonight, no problem if we miss it, I missed the lottery last night by only 6 numbers.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #41559

Fleetwood Owners Club
So how does this happen?

Last year when we were on our pool tour pulling our Tahoe everything was fine. Now when I turn right signal on both toad tail lights blink, when I turn on the headlights only the right tail light comes on. No problem with left light or brake light.

Worked on the 7 pin plugin last night till rain sent me running. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Rving!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #41560

R U an RV Mutant too?

Okay, STMs....
We leave Charlotte SC area Tuesday. Must stop at a fam place near Kansas City.
From there, we will be booking harder than normal to get to GC@BCU.
QUESTION: We have a choice of the North or South route to BCU. Would you choose North thru Colorado, repleat with the up/down grades, even if you had to boogie rather than stop and look, or come in the flatter route up from AZ?
Old 08-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #41561

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Okay, STMs....
QUESTION: We have a choice of the North or South route to BCU. Would you choose North thru Colorado, repleat with the up/down grades, even if you had to boogie rather than stop and look, or come in the flatter route up from AZ?
Pull an allnighter and catch me in Alburkwerki! Then can't remember ifn it's a left or a right!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #41562

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mary tells me that working Suduku puzzles will keep my mind sharp! I've been reading wiring diagrams for 7 pin connectors to toads this morning and have come to this conclusion.

I haven't been doing enough puzzles!
No comments needed.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:21 AM   #41563

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Okay, STMs....
We leave Charlotte SC area Tuesday. ...
Are you really in Charlotte, SC or is it NC? LOL

Here is what Google maps shows as reasonable routes.

If you take the northern route...

We arrived yesterday at Sevierville, TN. We drove from just south of Asheville, NC on I-26 to I-40 and across. It wasn't too bad at all. There is a 20 mile stretch of mostly downhill, twists and turns that are very comfortable at 50 MPH with the trucks except for a couple well marked sharper curves. The worst part was that there is a bridge at TN mile around marker 242 that is down to 1 lane both ways and yesterday at noonish it took about 30 minutes to go 3 miles. This is a beautiful drive for most of the route but there is only 2 lanes through almost the entire route. Trucks are restricted to the right lane but the grades just aren't that tough going west bound.

I've driven I-24 between Chattanooga & Nashville many times in both cars and MHs. Between that is a stretch that includes Mount Eagle. To me that is a bit more challenging than the previous section I mentioned. It has some 6% grades and truck speeds are 45 MPH. There are 2 main climbs and descents. It makes for a bit more of a challenge but quite doable. Sticking with the trucks is great unless you get stuck behind one that is bogged down to 20 MPH. If your beast likes climbing hills, you can probably do OK in the middle lane if you can maintain that 45 MPH.

If you plan a stop in the Sevierville area for lunch or dinner...Drop me an email/message.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #41564

Quote:
Mary tells me that working Suduku puzzles will keep my mind sharp! I've been reading wiring diagrams for 7 pin connectors to toads this morning and have come to this conclusion.

I haven't been doing enough puzzles!
No comments needed.

Puzzles and 7-pin connectors must be dry before trying to even ponder how they work.
Don't ask me how I know
Old 08-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #41565

Quote:
Okay, STMs....

If you come through Little Rock give us a hey ya'll yell....... Can meet you for lunch, coffee, or whatever....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #41566

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
If you come through Little Rock give us a hey ya'll yell....... Can meet you for lunch, coffee, or whatever.......
If you RON in Little Rock consider Downtown Riverside RV Park in North LR. It isn't very far off of I-40.

We have stayed there a couple times and it is an easy trip downtown to LR and if you have a day you can walk across a bridge over the river to the Clinton Library. At night it is pretty cool how they light up the bridges in the area.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote