Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #41567

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Tonight's show was canceled also, no word on Sunday's show yet! It's raining in buckets here now. After seeing the campgrounds I'm glad I'm up near the interstate!

I know Texas is proud of their Canyon but I wasn't impressed, but then again I'm use to parks with trees, not scrub and bushes.

Tim, I remember another RV Park that we like to stay at when traveling through Amarillo, the Oasis RV Resort. It is just west of Amarillo and is just off the freeway with easy ingress and egress. If you call ahead before getting there, they can have your pizza ready.... The have a nice park, and to top it off, you can see the RV that they have planted in the ground...

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #41568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
If you come through Little Rock give us a hey ya'll yell....... Can meet you for lunch, coffee, or whatever....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Well shucks! Must go thru KS, on I-70, so my North or South route decision happens at Denver. :(
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #41569

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
OK Guru's I'm using XP and Firefox. How in heck do I get the flash player reinstalled so i can view video again? Suddenly quit a couple of days ago and it has me mystified?
Went at it this morning and found the problem now have flash working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
No wonder that possum is hissing... XP... is 14 years old... time for an upgrade... lol. But that may or may not get ya flash... I have heard that flash sometimes fails to fully Uninstall previous versions. Maybe you have parts or all of flash 1.0 - 16 still hanging around while trying to run or load 17...
I do not like 7 or 8.1 that our laptops have on them and I really really like XP.

Please note my motorhome and daily driver are both 20 years old so what was your point?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #41570

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
If you take the northern route...

I've driven I-24 between Chattanooga & Nashville many times in both cars and MHs. ...
I got cornfused...You won't be on I-24 at all until you get to Nashville.

If you get in the Clarksville, TN area for an RON consider the Clarksville RV Park. Nothing real fancy but easy in and out the 2 times we stayed there in a pull through on the rows with sites 1-2 & 9-12.

It might be a good place if you leave early in the morning and still miss the morning rush hour in the St. Louis area.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #41571

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
So how does this happen?

Last year when we were on our pool tour pulling our Tahoe everything was fine. Now when I turn right signal on both toad tail lights blink, when I turn on the headlights only the right tail light comes on. No problem with left light or brake light.

Worked on the 7 pin plugin last night till rain sent me running. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Rving!
Check the bulbs.. don't ask how I know... similar situation...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1438531033216.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	101837  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #41572
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I asked a repair place to replace on marker light. Bill showed $65. Guess I was only charged 1/2 hour.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #41573

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Tim, I remember another RV Park that we like to stay at when traveling through Amarillo, the Oasis RV Resort. It is just west of Amarillo and is just off the freeway with easy ingress and egress. If you call ahead before getting there, they can have your pizza ready.... The have a nice park, and to top it off, you can see the RV that they have planted in the ground...

Ted

Yep we have stayed at Oasis many times... Easy in and out....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #41574
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We enjoye Oasis also and when we stayed it was stay two nights, get the 3rd night free and the price was $20 a night. Maybe they just opened.

Tim, they have an on-site rv repair, or did when we stayed, so you can get those things you missed fixed.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #41575

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave I have faced the same decision and concluded if I will not be staying in the mountains for several days or weeks.. I avoid them.

We bypassed Denver altogether by going south at Limon on 24 - which brings you onto 25 on the southern outskirts of Colorado Springs. Then 25 to Alburquque. 40 to Kingman where you face another choice... 93 north to Vegas through Lake Mead and a couple 6% grades and the new bridge. It's not bad and we did it, but others suggested going to Laughlin via 68 / 163 to 95 north and bypassing the Hoover Dam experience. You can then take a bypass 604 over to 15 and 15 up to Bryce.

The route from Limon to Abq was about 325 further than 70 to Ruby's I believe but I feel pretty sure it's the same amount of time and possibly less than working your way through Colorado and Utah.

Now if'n you meet up with MMDC and PTJEEP in Hays.. you can follow them through the rockies... again - if only traversing mountains - and not getting to stay and enjoy them - I don't see the need to do it. After all, it's not your Colorado journey. It's your journey to Bryce. I always feel a little cheated when I have to keep my eye on the road and Annie is ooooh and ahhhing the cliff in the air - or the sites. I'm watching for falling rock and she's looking a raft full of people or people fishing etc.

That's my 25 cents...
Old 08-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #41576

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I asked a repair place to replace on marker light. Bill showed $65. Guess I was only charged 1/2 hour.
I wound up replacing two from the Hail of a GC which I didn't notice till I got back home. The lenses where sort of cracked and shattered but they still worked! New ones cost me maybe $15 each? I know they were cheap and it only took maybe 10 minutes to swap each one out, put some silicon over it to prevent leaks and obviously saved myself quite a bit in labor...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #41577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
MAC or PC? For MAC I use KIGO Video Converter. PC' been to long don't remember.

Ha ha! Before reading this I already made reservations for 2 nights at Yanks.

Just the fuel, just the fuel, well and campgrounds in the southern part, like South of San Fran, and around San Fran. They are proud of their RV spaces.

I was just kidding, the show is terrible. What, no refunds? Okay, just go and enjoy it.

Oh boy! I know you got thumped upside the head for that one.
Not sure if you're heading straight up the 101 and going to go through S.F. but you may want to take the east side up and avoid going the San Francisco. Not many parks in the bay area and yes they are stupid expensive. Are you staying at the KOA near Petaluma?

Gary
gwlaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #41578

Quote:
So how does this happen?

Last year when we were on our pool tour pulling our Tahoe everything was fine. Now when I turn right signal on both toad tail lights blink, when I turn on the headlights only the right tail light comes on. No problem with left light or brake light.

Worked on the 7 pin plugin last night till rain sent me running. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Rving!
You may want to pickup some contact cleaner. Sounds like some rain maybe shorting stuff out

Gary
Old 08-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #41579

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dave I have faced the same decision and concluded if I will not be staying in the mountains for several days or weeks.. I avoid them.

We bypassed Denver altogether by going south at Limon on 24 - which brings you onto 25 on the southern outskirts of Colorado Springs. Then 25 to Alburquque. 40 to Kingman where you face another choice... 93 north to Vegas through Lake Mead and a couple 6% grades and the new bridge. It's not bad and we did it, but others suggested going to Laughlin via 68 / 163 to 95 north and bypassing the Hoover Dam experience. You can then take a bypass 604 over to 15 and 15 up to Bryce.

The route from Limon to Abq was about 325 further than 70 to Ruby's I believe but I feel pretty sure it's the same amount of time and possibly less than working your way through Colorado and Utah.

Now if'n you meet up with MMDC and PTJEEP in Hays.. you can follow them through the rockies... again - if only traversing mountains - and not getting to stay and enjoy them - I don't see the need to do it. After all, it's not your Colorado journey. It's your journey to Bryce. I always feel a little cheated when I have to keep my eye on the road and Annie is ooooh and ahhhing the cliff in the air - or the sites. I'm watching for falling rock and she's looking a raft full of people or people fishing etc.

That's my 25 cents...
Another way is go on the east side of the Grand Canyon head towards the North Rim and Kanab Utah and if memory serves me you will also be on the east side of Zion. I think it's highway 89 out of Flagstaff Az. Just my .25 cents worth!

Gary
Old 08-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #41580

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaeb View Post
Another way is go on the east side of the Grand Canyon head towards the North Rim and Kanab Utah and if memory serves me you will also be on the east side of Zion. I think it's highway 89 out of Flagstaff Az. Just my .25 cents worth!
That's probably the better route if not going to Vegas... which we were.... two mutant thumbs up Gary!!