Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #42435
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, just add this to the hole in the rode.

Today we only traveled 156 miles. Pulled into Monterey Pines RV Campground and signed in. Knowing the area it is best to unhook at the check in site. Did that. Unhooked put everything away. Earlene asked if she should go ahead of me and park the car. I agreed and off she went. I followed, and as I'm going along I kept wondering what the noise was. I thought it was a bearing in the front wheel. I kept listening but i could not identify it. We have a pull thru (if you could call it that) and I pulled in. Not level at all with the front a lot higher than the rear. I decided to back up and at that time Earlene said, "Come here and look at this!" Somehow when I was storing the tow bar it did not seat correctly (Blue Ox). The drive from check-in to the site is about 1/4 miles. It had dragged and did its dragging wonder on the tow bar and when I backed up it dug in and bent one leg. The cover was shredded. Not a good situation. Anyhow, Blue Ox came through again and will ship directly to me since there is not a dealer withing 100 miles. Only $1015 later and the new tow bar will be here Wednesday by 10:00 a.m. I'm footing the little extra for next day delivery.

Cheer up Mel, things could be a lot worse.
Somehow, Wayne, your story isn't very comforting. So far, things have been doing nothing but getting worse. Lol. But you have our full and complete sympathy! How the heck do you think the tow bar got wonky???

We're hoping that Cummins will come through and take care of whatever is causing the oil leak. I'm sorta on pins and needles. No word today. We can't absorb another $4600 or $2600 bill for repairs so close together. Don't think I've even mentioned that the rear camera is not working. No signal to the monitor in the cab. So, I'm backing up blind. Heck, at this rate I'll never get to retire. Ha!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #42436
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
And a fine looking bunch of Mutants you are! Wish we were there!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #42437

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Somehow, Wayne, your story isn't very comforting. So far, things have been doing nothing but getting worse. Lol. But you have our full and complete sympathy! How the heck do you think the tow bar got wonky???

We're hoping that Cummins will come through and take care of whatever is causing the oil leak. I'm sorta on pins and needles. No word today. We can't absorb another $4600 or $2600 bill for repairs so close together. Don't think I've even mentioned that the rear camera is not working. No signal to the monitor in the cab. So, I'm backing up blind. Heck, at this rate I'll never get to retire. Ha!

Mel, until your knees are well, dont worry about it....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:05 PM   #42438

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

OK.. Looks like too much FUN... Ann has felt well enough to make Albuquerque tonight.. About to make final assault on Page, AZ tomorrow night & if you allow us to CRASH your GC/BC ---- w plan to get there Wed PM... Thanks for the Oohhmmmmsss... We felt all of them.. Goodnight...

Richard & Ann, RVM # 110, Have a Spoiled Chihuahua, Home in Arkansas, Love to geocache, travel (Class B ERA) & enjoy grandkids..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:10 PM   #42439

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Marty - either you have no service or your phone is off. Is Bob getting to the bottom of it?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #42440

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
OK.. Looks like too much FUN... Ann has felt well enough to make Albuquerque tonight.. About to make final assault on Page, AZ tomorrow night & if you allow us to CRASH your GC/BC ---- w plan to get there Wed PM... Thanks for the Oohhmmmmsss... We felt all of them.. Goodnight...

Richard & Ann, RVM # 110, Have a Spoiled Chihuahua, Home in Arkansas, Love to geocache, travel (Class B ERA) & enjoy grandkids..
Oh my yes!!!
We have a spot for ya! Need to call Rubys and ask for Kirssett! Tell em Steve and the Mutants sent ya!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #42441

Carolina Campers
Wish I was heading to BC... But it has been nice in Virginia for the last 5 nights...

Found a very clean and comfortable park in the northern neck, Belle Isle State Park Campground, Lancaster, Virginia. It has E/W, 50 amp, with 2 dump stations, with pull through sites, all sights are nice an level with a good amount of foliage between each sight to provide plenty of privacy yet wide and roomy. Beautiful country and friendly folks. Went to Washington, DC for some sight seeing, but just chilling at the camp now.

It sounds like everyone had a great time at Bryce Canyon. I went up there last year and really enjoyed it. I drove down scenic byway 12, and let me tell you it was fun, but scared my wife a bit. I have been following along with the posts though... You all seam like a nice group that would be fun to hang out with.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:39 PM   #42442

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Wish I was heading to BC... But it has been nice in Virginia for the last 5 nights...

Found a very clean and comfortable park in the northern neck, Belle Isle State Park Campground, Lancaster, Virginia. It has E/W, 50 amp, with 2 dump stations, with pull through sites, all sights are nice an level with a good amount of foliage between each sight to provide plenty of privacy yet wide and roomy. Beautiful country and friendly folks. Went to Washington, DC for some sight seeing, but just chilling at the camp now.

It sounds like everyone had a great time at Bryce Canyon. I went up there last year and really enjoyed it. I drove down scenic byway 12, and let me tell you it was fun, but scared my wife a bit. I have been following along with the posts though... You all seam like a nice group that would be fun to hang out with.

Ted
Ted... I'm sending Tim to finish your initiation and Membership invitation... he will walk ya through it... lol...
Old 08-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #42443

Carolina Campers
Ok ok.... I'm waiting for the credentials to pass the official scrutiny of the Grand Poopa...

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #42444

Connectivity at Bryce sux

Tried 3 times to post this. Will only post pictures of Zion. Will not waste my time RETYPING paragraphs of prose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0363.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	103699   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	519.3 KB
ID:	103700  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	609.9 KB
ID:	103701   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0354.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	529.9 KB
ID:	103702  

Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #42445

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Tried 3 times to post this. Will only post pictures of Zion. Will not waste my time RETYPING paragraphs of prose.
Excellent!
You were in a grand place with a pair of cuties.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #42446
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
This is from a newspaper clipping and it would not all fit on my screen so I had to piece-meal it. it is about our dignatary, Kathy Hutson (Alias: Kate)

"Golf-Nut" Named Teen-Of-The-Month
OMG, Wayne. I am probably going to be in so look much trouble! Kate would never talk about her acomplishments, golf or otherwise. She is far too unassuming and humble for that, and never toots her own horn. I, on the other hand will toot her horn! (Which she doesn't like.) I'm proud of her; and those of you who've met her can understand why. Sometimes I wonder how the heck I got so lucky! 20 years and I still feel lucky ... Or maybe blessed is a better word.

About that Junior Girls' Championship .... She either won it or finished near the top. I'll check with her and let you know. She played some Pro-Ams and knew some of the pros ... I think Sandra Palmer and maybe Betsy King and a British pro whose name escapes me, among others. Like I said, you would have to drag it out of her if you wanted to know about her golf years.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #42447
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post

So glad Ann is feeling so much better!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #42448
MPH

And finally ... Enjoyed the conversation with you very much, Dennis! You and Denise are our kind of people. Can't wait to meet up with you for a mini or a midi Curiosity!

« Trivia | - »