Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #42477
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Ok ok.... I'm waiting for the credentials to pass the official scrutiny of the Grand Poopa...

Ted
Wow! Finally a "Grand" name I can understand. Dave should forever be known as "The Grand Poopa."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
OMG, Wayne. I am probably going to be in so look much trouble! Kate would never talk about her acomplishments, golf or otherwise. She is far too unassuming and humble for that, and never toots her own horn. I, on the other hand will toot her horn! (Which she doesn't like.) I'm proud of her; and those of you who've met her can understand why. Sometimes I wonder how the heck I got so lucky! 20 years and I still feel lucky ... Or maybe blessed is a better word.

About that Junior Girls' Championship .... She either won it or finished near the top. I'll check with her and let you know. She played some Pro-Ams and knew some of the pros ... I think Sandra Palmer and maybe Betsy King and a British pro whose name escapes me, among others. Like I said, you would have to drag it out of her if you wanted to know about her golf years.
Well, tell Kate I did not intend to embarrass her, just wanted to point out to these Mutants her fine accomplishments. She was a charmer then and she is a charmer now. As for her coming out of her shyness, I have a video of her on the dance floor and believe me there was no shyness seen. She was really jazzing it up.

Anyhow, Kate, you have a lot to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's a trick... Don't fall for it. Denise is the nice one. It's just like Wayne and Earlene.... their men ride on their DWs goodness....
I wish you to know that when Dennis and I are speaking we are riding high on our goodness, oh, and good looks.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #42478

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Larry hope your ears weren't burning last nite! You was part of last nights campfire conversation. Starting to throw ideas together for next years Maritines run! So tell us again how many coaches can we park in your drive? Your place is in the running for site of the next GC with the outside kitchen and specialty brewed beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
No, I was just tryin' to figure out if you was the pot or the kettle.
Oh no, it's worse than I thought. Mental confusion. Hope that's not brought about by that new specialty brew!

Serious question! 1)If I remember right you were interested in the Maritines trip, Yes or No?
2)If yes what kind of time will you be taking off to make that trip? (Week, 3weeks, month or as long as it takes)
3)If unable to make the Maritines, are you interested in a GC somewhere in NE?

These questions really apply to any mutant to aid in planning conversations!

I'm already dreaming of lobsters and blueberries!
Old 08-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #42479

Tiffin Owners Club
The Maritimes are about 12~22 hours, depending on where you go. New Brunswick and Nova Scotia are certainly within range if I have the time. Put us down for at week. New England is quite a bit closer
Old 08-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #42480

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Oh no, it's worse than I thought. Mental confusion. Hope that's not brought about by that new specialty brew!

Serious question! 1)If I remember right you were interested in the Maritines trip, Yes or No?
2)If yes what kind of time will you be taking off to make that trip? (Week, 3weeks, month or as long as it takes)

Youse guys from Arkansas are so easily confused with details. Its Lobsters and Steak that go together for a meal and then for dessert its Blueberries and pie that go together. Sheesh, this'll be that last time I'll 'splain that to you loosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
The Maritimes are about 18~22 hours, certainly within range if I have the time. Put us down for at week. New England is quite a bit closer.
Sure New England is a bit closer, like five or six days closer. Depends on ones perspective don't it?

Finger Lakes area of New York is downright purddy too.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #42481

Quote:

Speaking of mental confusion, i need clarification.......
The Maritimes? Are you speaking of the Canadian Maritimes, or New England maritimes? Can you be a tad more specific? Before we possibly consider, i need more info? Mainly as to the farthest spot...... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1439915571.843605.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	103754

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #42482

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Speaking of mental confusion, i need clarification.......
The Maritimes? Are you speaking of the Canadian Maritimes, or New England maritimes? Can you be a tad more specific? Before we possibly consider, i need more info? Mainly as to the farthest spot...... Attachment 103754

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Bay of Fundy....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:25 AM   #42483

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a Toy Run buddy and his wife on facebook who is doing a Rock To Rock and back journey. They have finally arrived on the Eastern Rock and are touring there. They left here over two months ago. Can a campground on PEI not far from "Green gables" be looked at for a GC? 6000 kilometers each way ain't all that bad.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #42484

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Youse guys from Arkansas are so easily confused with details. Its Lobsters and Steak that go together for a meal and then for dessert its Blueberries and pie that go together. Sheesh, this'll be that last time I'll 'splain that to you loosie.

Sure New England is a bit closer, like five or six days closer. Depends on ones perspective don't it?

Finger Lakes area of New York is downright purddy too.

Youse guys? Dennis, you sound like my Larry...... But they shorten it to youse..... In Baltimore..... He may be fom south of the Mason Dixon line, but he speaks with a northern accent.... With 10 years of Europe thrown in.......

Ok Martines as in Canadian.....
Actually western Pennsylvania or western New York might be good areas for GC,
for those who choose not to go on to Canada. Might be more reachable for some who are limited time, too.

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #42485

Tiffin Owners Club
Western PA? We are there, and I will have a few special cases of homebrew then.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #42486

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I am so proud to be dubbed RVM121 that I can't contain myself...

RVM121

Curb thy enthusiasm Ted. The "Poopa" and confederates neglected to tell you about the mop and bucket that new guys have to tote around. Clean up duty is the sneaky unmentioned final ritual.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #42487

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey look everyone. Possum made it afterall... they left Gracie at home and brought the self fueling coach!
Attached Images

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #42488

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
What a wonderful experience you and Martin are having!

Interesting tidbit most of you don't know: Kate was a very good amateur golfer ages 12-18, and even got her name (Kathy Hutson back then) mentioned in Sports Illustrated in 1966 or '67 as an up and coming young woman golfer to watch. She got to visit St. Andrews and was completely smitten by the beauty, the history, the "ghosts" there. She never plays any more, but is usually glued to the tv on Saturday and Sunday afternoons during golf season.

It's a fascinating area, golf included. The University goes back centuries, the castle and cathedral ruins are wonderfully evocative, and then there's the shore. I love that we have an excuse to visit there: family. ☺️

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 08-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #42489

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
As is often the way at these Grand (not to be confused with Grande) Curiosities, things start out slowly and steadily pick up momentum.... look what showed up this afternoon...

A young Dalek?

Old 08-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #42490

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Stuck in Dodge... Stopped dead at a light, tried starting her again and she squeals something fierce at us...Bob thinks alternator. Tow truck on way...we need some good juju and positive vibes, prayers and ohmmms.

Aaaah, shucks! Ommms to all y'all! It's definitely an adventure, not a vacation!