Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #42729

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Here is a technical ponder for the railway buffs amongst you.

We are currently thundering down the East Coast main line to London at about 110mph. This is a long 12 coach train with one very powerful electric engine at one end. Going north the engine is pulling. We are going south and the engine is pushing and, recalling my early years with a train set, I've never thought this method as stable. Any thoughts?
Martin this brings up a whole different ponder. Now if this had been Steve, Jeff, Ed, Dave, Don, Wayne, Herb or most any other mutant that ask a question concerning something they were doing, and was it stable, I would be quick to point out how unstable they are in there daily life! But Martin I find it difficult to rag you concerning your state of stability so I just took the problem outside to do a test. First a tied a rope to the back of my bicycle and rode really fast pulling the rope, worked great! Next I tied the rope to the front of the bicycle and proceeded to push the rope really fast!

Do you know how fast rope coils up around a bicycle peddle? I'm sure the bandages will be off my knees and elbows soon. Short answer is avoid this situation. I hope I've shead some light on this situation. Your welcome
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #42730

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome Dean and Susan. Hope to catche up with you soon on another part of the rainbow. Heard about the Mutant camp song, we'll present it to the offal mutant choir to preform at a future campfire. Do stay in touch, you never know when you'll come across another mutant!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #42731

Tiffin Owners Club
Greetings from my kitchen! I may not be able to travel like y'all, but I can still cook like it. Pork shoulder after 10 hours in the smoker. It was hard to get it out because it just fell apart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1440333955.363146.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	104341
Old 08-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #42732

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post
Greetings from Park City, UT! We're Windsor1 on irv2. Cheers! Dean (NOT Mike) & Susan
Welcome aboard Dean and Susan, glad you are part of our group and hope to meet up at some point in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Welcome Dean and Susan. Hope to catche up with you soon on another part of the rainbow. Heard about the Mutant camp song, we'll present it to the offal mutant choir to preform at a future campfire. Do stay in touch, you never know when you'll come across another mutant!
When I read words I don't understand, the Mac makes it really easy to double click the word and right click/Look-up the definition. Well Tim, I hope you really don't mean the rest of us Mutants that are not there are NOT "the entrails and internal organs of animals used for food"! I thought you guys had plenty of food!!! I think there should be some kind of head count at these events - number arriving and number leaving, sure hope the numbers are equal!!!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:59 AM   #42733

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Welcome aboard Dean and Susan, glad you are part of our group and hope to meet up at some point in the future.

When I read words I don't understand, the Mac makes it really easy to double click the word and right click/Look-up the definition. Well Tim, I hope you really don't mean the rest of us Mutants that are not there are NOT "the entrails and internal organs of animals used for food"! I thought you guys had plenty of food!!! I think there should be some kind of head count at these events - number arriving and number leaving, sure hope the numbers are equal!!!
Ok Carl get ready to learn sumpin here this morning. Indeed offal refers to certain parts of an animal that often are not consumed such as throat, stomach, nostrils etc. so another way of saying "Not Good" would be to call it offal! Now think of the last time you've heard a group of mutant men singing! End of lesson! Should of been at Bryce! We're working on a GC closer to you for next year!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #42734

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Greetings from my kitchen! I may not be able to travel like y'all, but I can still cook like it. Pork shoulder after 10 hours in the smoker. It was hard to get it out because it just fell apart.

Attachment 104341
Looking good! We may have a chef for the North East GC!

But let me warn you, Steve has set the bar high.
Steve the corn beef was great last night!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:06 AM   #42735

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
Attachment 104284
Welcome Dean (not Mike) & Susan
RVM#122

Ditto and double dat! Roll up your pants legs now! Wait for it ... wait for it ... the tide's already rising!

Cheers!
Sue RVM #36
Old 08-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #42736

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Looking good! We may have a chef for the North East GC!

But let me warn you, Steve has set the bar high.
Steve the corn beef was great last night!
I helped Steve cook and slice the corned beef at CL. It was amazingly good. Did you wonder why there wasn't quite so much of it.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #42737

Quote:

Attachment 104341

Oh my yes! Slobber, salivate, repeat!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:13 AM   #42738

Quote:
Martin this brings up a whole different ponder. Now if this had been Steve, Jeff, Ed, Dave, Don, Wayne, Herb or most any other mutant that ask a question concerning something they were doing, and was it stable, I would be quick to point out how unstable they are in there daily life! But Martin I find it difficult to rag you concerning your state of stability so I just took the problem outside to do a test. First a tied a rope to the back of my bicycle and rode really fast pulling the rope, worked great! Next I tied the rope to the front of the bicycle and proceeded to push the rope really fast!

Do you know how fast rope coils up around a bicycle peddle? I'm sure the bandages will be off my knees and elbows soon. Short answer is avoid this situation. I hope I've shead some light on this situation. Your welcome

Thank you Tim, I enjoyed the visions you conjured. We did finally make it to London without any disastrous concertinering and are now on the last leg down to Poole on the South coast to visit my bro. This time we are in an EMU (electric multiple unit) and I feel safer.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #42739

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I helped Steve cook and slice the corned beef at CL. It was amazingly good. Did you wonder why there wasn't quite so much of it.
And now we know!
Today's moving day so got to get things moving, hooked up, rolled up and road ready! Later!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:16 AM   #42740

Tim, go ahead and rag him! I can't be the only one to yank his chain!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #42741

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Tim, go ahead and rag him! I can't be the only one to yank his chain!
Sue I need at least one friendly face at a GC!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #42742

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
BTW - I forgot to mention - Richard and Ann pulled out yesterday headed to Zions... haven't heard from them yet. If ya see them, have em report in. We missed them last night.

We spent another night in Page, then on to Winslow... Ann feeling fine ( & was worried about her ). I was the one That had vertigo.. More dizzy than usual. Doing fine now... Thanks for asking... We had a FANTASTIC time & missed y'all too!!

Richard & Ann, RVM # 110, Have a Spoiled Chihuahua, Home in Arkansas, Love to geocache, travel (Class B ERA) & enjoy grandkids..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote