Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #43555

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok Di or anyone, I updated where I am on Rvillage but when I click on Group Map it doesn't show anyone anywhere, even me! What up?

Had the same deal, but figured it was showing people who like me. Reason for a vacant map.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #43556

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Had the same deal, but figured it was showing people who like me. Reason for a vacant map.
You mean Col. Sanders didn't even show up?
Old 09-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #43557

OK, on the childhood recollection thing ... Sitting in front of the old Crosley radio, blankly staring at it as if we could see the people who were speaking. That has to be the reason television was invented. Radio audiences wanted more than those wonderful images which of course were tailored by our individual imaginations. No finer stage in the whole world than ones own mental conjuring.

Then when TV did start to replace the voices in a box up on the mantle, we got eye strain from squinting at a tiny round black and white screen in a monster sized wood box. Family squabbles erupted with comments like ... "Get your head out of the way, I can't see". Worse yet, our grand mental images were now sort of pushed aside and replaced with sometimes disappointing action on the little screen.

The Wild West of my mind was now replaced with a lot of sage brush, rocks and fancy hat cowboys endlessly chasing each other round and round. WW2 movies were in black and white, because ... we all know the war WAS fought in black and white!

In retrospect, I actually believe the technology of television has robbed me of wonderful mental imagery. The good old days really were good.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #43558

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You mean Col. Sanders didn't even show up?

Bite yer tongue boy! The Colonel and I do not get along. My people are incised over his unbalanced penchant for a single themed meal. Why didn't he pander Kentucky fried road kill ... huh? That at least would have offered more variety.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #43559

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Starting my young life in urban Southern California with only TV westerns for pasture, I used to gallop my stick horse (imaginary stick, even) up and down the sidewalks yelling "dun-da-luuuun!" Where I got that, nobody knows!
Wow, you too had theme music when you you were a kid?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #43560

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
OK, on the childhood recollection thing ... Sitting in front of the old Crosley radio, blankly staring at it as if we could see the people who were speaking. That has to be the reason television was invented. Radio audiences wanted more than those wonderful images which of course were tailored by our individual imaginations. No finer stage in the whole world than ones own mental conjuring.

Then when TV did start to replace the voices in a box up on the mantle, we got eye strain from squinting at a tiny round black and white screen in a monster sized wood box. Family squabbles erupted with comments like ... "Get your head out of the way, I can't see". Worse yet, our grand mental images were now sort of pushed aside and replaced with sometimes disappointing action on the little screen.

The Wild West of my mind was now replaced with a lot of sage brush, rocks and fancy hat cowboys endlessly chasing each other round and round. WW2 movies were in black and white, because ... we all know the war WAS fought in black and white!

In retrospect, I actually believe the technology of television has robbed me of wonderful mental imagery. The good old days really were good.
I think we are who we are because we read books and listened to the radio and developed our brains instead of looking at highlights of life. My rememories of "Boston Blackie," "Fibber McGee," "The Shadow" The Lone Ranger" and especially "My Friend Erma" all were way better than my memories of the TV shows of our youth and as of late if the DW isn't home then the TV does not get turned on. What have we robber our kids and grandkids of?
Old 09-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #43561

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Too funny! Cute, cuuute baby!
Yep... anudder little fur faced rainbow riding doggie!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #43562

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There is a place... where this is a reality... it's called the RVMdom...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441298682976.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	105686  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #43563

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
And the old town and wild horses
Attachment 105668
Attachment 105669
Attachment 105670
Attachment 105671
They walk very quietly as they are not shod!
The bottom picture reminds me of this cartoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	campaign trail.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	105687  
Old 09-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #43564

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

For sure! Gals are attracted to weirdo guys. Been that way as long as I can remember.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #43565

Quote:

Amen to that! That's also why books are so rich. Personal images.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #43566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Wow, you too had theme music when you you were a kid?

Din't we all? Personalized, too!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #43567

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Ohhh, yeah!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #43568

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Sure, called Wayne to BS and he is tied up doing something important.