Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #44535

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Larry is amazingly doing great.... No pain, no pain pills even..... Moon and Mel.... These mutant ohms are powerful....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
So happy everything is going so well! The ohms here are very strong
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #44536

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mr Malone's distant relative was spotted in Grand Junction the other day...

A great chuckle to end the day. Thank you, my friend!
Old 09-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #44537

Moon, oh Moon Man! All the best tomorrow for the very best outcome. You, at least, get to go in at a respectable hour!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #44538

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
A great chuckle to end the day. Thank you, my friend!
Happy to oblige.
Grand Junction has a nice downtown area under development. And two blocks away - homeless folks in the park. I'm a thankful mutant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1442552594227.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	107165   Click image for larger version

Name:	1442552657405.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	107167  

Name:	1442552873840.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	107169   Click image for larger version

Name:	1442552917042.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	107170  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:46 PM   #44539

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For all the rest of you single RVMs -- Oscar Mayer bacon has put out a bacon lovers dating app. It's called Sizzl

Oscar Mayer Releases Sizzl, a Dating App Exclusively for Bacon Lovers | Adweek

I heard about this on the radio as I was driving home today. I so hard I had tears streaming down my cheeks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:52 PM   #44540

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGM View Post
Man all yall are falling apart! I thought I was bad off. I been working on the CHUCKWAGON so we can go up the dirt roads in Arizona, gave up on South Texas and Florida and do not want to be in Oklahoma again. I am still hopping around in Oklahoma. The grandson is still in my house and still getting home health care for his staph infection --- since November!

Yall peddle lightly yaheah Warren

ps: Sorry about being so quite.
Hey Warren,

Good to hear from you Bro! There are lots of us hanging out in Arizona this winter. There will be lots of Curiosities.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-18-2015, 03:21 AM   #44541

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Moon!

Well, today is your day to head into the body shop. My hope is that your nap is uneventful and your recovery remarkable in it's ease and speed. We will be anxiously await good news.

Ohmmmmms
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-18-2015, 04:36 AM   #44542
MPH

Lots of positive thoughs and powerful ommmmmms coming your way, Moon!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 AM   #44543

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Moon!

Well, today is your day to head into the body shop. My hope is that your nap is uneventful and your recovery remarkable in it's ease and speed. We will be anxiously await good news.

Ohmmmmms
What they said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Lots of positive thoughs and powerful ommmmmms coming your way, Moon!
Old 09-18-2015, 07:38 AM   #44544

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Moonrover...
Are Cornish hens family members?
Dinner last night... pic not posted last night by special Moonrover request.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1442583440298.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	107197  
Old 09-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #44545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Moon, oh Moon Man! All the best tomorrow for the very best outcome. You, at least, get to go in at a respectable hour!

I have to quote myownself on this, because it's unfinished. Apparently I fell asleep. The rest, of course, would have been witty, supportive and wise. Totally.

You're already at the body shop, prolly, so I'll continue to send ommms for you and Little Red Hen as the outcome is outcoming. Waiting is the hardest part sometimes.

You, otoh, will have had a nice nap, ready to be giving everyone a hard time and making snarky remarks to all and sundry.

I don't make light, really, cuz I know you were both worried. We're here, we are. Ommmm!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:15 AM   #44546

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For mutants seeking great weather, Montrose is certainly looking good. Perhaps a little cool for some in the early morning and evening - but so far the days are very mutant!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1442585688740.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	107198  
Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #44547

R U an RV Mutant too?

yes my sons are doctors and I am very proud of them....
But when I read this on facebook this morning, i wanted to share...
A lot of us have been ill lately....

As Mel shared, not all of our caregivers are good ones, but most i have dealt with have been great,
So I am reposting this to my mutant family as a tribute to ALL care givers....
I do try to remember to thank each one of the nurses and techs we come in contact with....

I hope MoonRover today has great ones, and Mel does next week....

This was a repost from Facebook..... Dr. William R Blythe

"The truth about Nurses, from an ungrateful, selfish, arrogant Surgeon

Yesterday I posted a silly photo in support of this movement, but tonight I want to say something serious while there is ample attention.

When a patient comes to our hospital for surgery, these are the people who take care of them:

The Pre-Op Nurses meet the patient, make sure they are ready for surgery, complete mountains of paperwork, reconcile their medications, sign permits, check labs, answer questions, allay fears, and make certain the patient is properly prepared for surgery. And they put up with me.

The Circulator Nurse is in charge of the OR. She makes certain the room, equipment, personnel, implants, disposables, medications and every other detail are ready. She oversees that everything is checked twice, that everything is documented properly and that the proper surgery is performed on the right part and the right patient every time. Her job is to ensure that we do everything right, every time, with no exceptions. She makes certain that every sponge, needle, gauze, blade and specimen are properly accounted for. And she puts up with me.

My CRNA puts the patient to sleep and attends to them through every moment. She listens to their every breath and heartbeat. She makes sure they are asleep, safe and comfortable. She holds children her lap and talks to them like a mother while they go to sleep. She makes certain every patient goes to sleep and wakes back up as safely as possible every time, no exception. And she puts up with me.

The people who operate directly with me are Nurses or Techs, not doctors. They make sure we have the proper instruments and equipment. My Scrub hands me what I need before I ask for it. She can anticipate what I am going to need next better than I can many times. She makes my job easy and she makes me look like I know what I am doing when sometimes I am less certain. The person across the table from me is often an RNFA or SFA. They operate directly with me - tie the knots, cut the suture, retract, hold, pull, control the bleeders, close the wounds and a million other things. I simply could not do what I do without them. And they put up with me.

The PACU Nurses take the patients from the CRNA and recover them from anesthesia and surgery. They assess and dress wounds. They treat pain and anxiety and fear. They hold screaming babies in their arms until they are awake. They hold hands of grown men who are disoriented and fearful. They re-assure and calm the parents, children and spouses of the patients. They give wound, medication and discharge instructions, and they transfer patients to their room. They land the plane, and it's as important a job as any in the world. And they put up with me.

The Nurses in the ICU and Floor take care of the patients, not me. The ICU nurses are infinitely more capable of monitoring and assessing sick patients than am I. I try to stay out of their way and let them do their job, and they let me know when they need me. The Floor Nurses take care of every detail of every patient: What and when they eat; medications; wound care; ambulation; checking vitals, labs, weights, sugars, pulse oximetry, I's & O's; draw and check labs; start and re-start IV's; and countless other things that only nurses understand. They spend time with the patient and family all day. They educate and answer questions. They pray with the patient and family. They cry when their patients die. And they put up with me.

The truth is that if a patient is in the hospital for 48 hours, they may see me for the smallest fraction of that time. I say a brief hello before surgery, I operate, I speak to the family, and I make rounds each morning. I may spend 15 minutes each day at any one patient's bedside. The rest of it - every second, every bit, every detail, everything - is performed by the Nurses. Honestly, the one who probably needs the stethoscope least is me.

And in the end, through it all, they put up with me! — with Roxanne Lyn and 30 others."

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #44548

Thanks for the post, Di. Saw it on FB and thought of you, and of the amazing, gi-normous, RVM OHMS Generator.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote