Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #44745
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
That's one way, but I think it's less to just buy the HDMI cable adapter for an iPad and plug it directly into the TV. A lot less hassle and does the same thing.

BTW, I have an Apple TV as well, but I find it easier to just plug the iPad directly into the TV. Fewer moving parts if you know what I mean.
Yes, if you want to dedicate one device. I'm AppleTV as I can stream from Earlene's iPad or iPhone or my iPhone without connecting wires. If just an occasional movie then your way is great.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #44746

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Such technical ponders tonight... me... I'd just read a book! ( I don't do much TV and the news depresses me so I don't care for that either....maybe head in the sand... but it preserves my sanity.

I'm in the middle, Marty.
Not much TV, cable maybe, maybe antenna, maybe DVD, often....nothing!
Pondering and conjuring are blessings....sometimes disguised as conspiracies, but always entertaining!
Sanity you have, Marty. But I love your preserves!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #44747

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Live from the Turn of the Century Saloon, Montrose, Colorado. Mr. Joe Ely...

As in the turn of the 19th to 20th century, eh?
My Sis and BIL recognize Joe!
Reports please!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #44748

Quote:
Well, Moonrover... that was the sweetest definition I've seen yet!

Yup!
Ya make great words Cuthburt! Or is it da pills? No matter. We appreciate great ponders!
Don't stop. Brainiacking heals much, Bro!
Old 09-21-2015, 10:05 PM   #44749

[QUOTE=Diwizi;2753614]Steve.... If you have Direct Tv at home... They have an ipad app that you can watch anything on that you have at home.....
And you can plug your ipad into your tv.....

Nope we have Comcast at S&B for TV and wifi internet. I can watch all I want too through Xfinity but it still uses data. I don't pay for tv and wifi internet at home except for it's basic cost. To use ipad or computer without addition expense while on the road we need to be hooked into a wifi network. Otherwise, we have to use an additional AT&T hotspot device to have service while on the road and that uses data at an alarming rate. If our winter RV park would have anything resembling decent wifi, we would be all set.
Your service with Direct TV while traveling across the middle of Kansas is no additional expense???
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #44750
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
MEL ... since it is getting close to your surgery day, I along with all other like-minded RVMs send your direction powerful protective thoughts and prayers. Called Ooommmsss in many forms of the spelling. The thought is to cover you like a blanket with our wings of concern.

RVM 34
Moon, that brought a smile to my face. Thanks! You know that you remain in our thoughts and ommmmms and such. You're a walking miracle, just like Larry.

I came in a little while ago from a 14 & 1/2 hour day at the office where I FINALLY finished the last article for the next issue of our magazine. It's possible that I'm bug-eyed and talking goofy ... you could ask Kate, but she's asleep. At any rate, you know how it is before a long medical leave ... you've got to dot all the i's, cross all the t's and leave no stone unturned.

Tomorrow I have to work with the graphic artist to finalize all the article layouts and graphics and the front and back covers. Then, if I'm really lucky, I can come home around 4:00 and relax. Kate & I will play a game of Canasta, I'll make pecan encrusted tilapia, baked yams and strawberry & feta cheese salad for dinner, watch an episode of Midsommer Murders on Netflix, go to bed early and get up at 4:30 on Wed. so we can be at the hospital at 5:30.

Modern medicine. To think that they can take out an entire joint and replace it with a fake one that will last 25 or more years ... Well, that is pretty darn amazing! I'm really looking forward to walking without that nasty little "Ice Pick Man" in my knees.

Quote:
Well, Moonrover... that was the sweetest definition I've seen yet!
Isn't it?! Love that!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #44751
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
The LRH is holding up well under the stress. I think she's much more emotionally capable of handling adversity than I am.

RVM 34
She's handling you, isn't she?

Seriously, it makes me cringe to think of all you're going through right now. But how great that LRH is such a trooper. And how great that you can do the remainder of your recovery at home. May the days go quickly so that you come to the part where your insides are no longer on fire, you can be productive in that little room next to your bedroom and you feel like meeting some other RVMs for a Mini C.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:19 PM   #44752

Quote:
Such technical ponders tonight... me... I'd just read a book! ( I don't do much TV and the news depresses me so I don't care for that either....maybe head in the sand... but it preserves my sanity.

If it were just me, I'd forget the TV was there, mostly, and read a book. Or knit, or paint, or work on a gourd, or take a walk.... Too many things to do to be watching TV! I seem to be my own entertainment committee. 😁
Old 09-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #44753

Hey! A thought occurs! (Watch out!)

Next Feb. there is a big gourd festival at the fairgrounds at Casa Grande, AZ. We've been a few times and it is a spectacular show, complete with classes. Mutants could descend upon them en masse, like benevolent locusts, a midi-c on the move.

Camping is possible and very cheap in the parking lot, fair food on offer, entertainment all day each day, shopping opps galore, and competition gourds...oh, the amazing, beautiful, whimsical gourds! Even Martin was blown away the first time we went.

What say ye, Snowbird Arizonans?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:32 PM   #44754
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Say me: I hve AT&T 30gb and whatever is not used rolls over to the next month not to exceed 60gb. Since you have an iPad, and if you don't want to watch on a small screen, invest in AppleTV. You do not need to have a router to use "Airplay" and stream to the TV using the AppleTV. You can Mirror your iPad and watch anything you can see on the iPad on the TV. Works great. If you have DISH Network you can add a satellite receiver, pay as you go, for $7 a month more added to your S&B bill. With DISH, and the new Winegard Anser antenna (portable) you can have all the channels including HD. With the 211K there is a USB port on the back and for a one time fee of $40 you can add a 2TB portable hard drive and record programs when you are interacting with us Mutants.
Or ....

You could order a 25bs flux capacitor and buy an adaptor for the automatic nose-picker so that you can run your tablet and your blender through the schlack condenser, thus freeing up the Splendide so your DW can wash your underwear, which you soiled when you saw the price tag on the annual fee for Cheatum's All Everything Entertainment Package.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:32 PM   #44755
MPH

I've gotta go to bed.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #44756

Pursuant to the gourd festival-c, here's a link to a YouTube video: http://youtu.be/gQDfL3EYOm8

It isn't highest quality, but gives some idea of the event and runs just over 11 minutes.

Any takers?
Old 09-22-2015, 12:53 AM   #44757

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=Papawto5;2753944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Steve.... If you have Direct Tv at home... They have an ipad app that you can watch anything on that you have at home.....
And you can plug your ipad into your tv.....

Nope we have Comcast at S&B for TV and wifi internet. I can watch all I want too through Xfinity but it still uses data. I don't pay for tv and wifi internet at home except for it's basic cost. To use ipad or computer without addition expense while on the road we need to be hooked into a wifi network. Otherwise, we have to use an additional AT&T hotspot device to have service while on the road and that uses data at an alarming rate. If our winter RV park would have anything resembling decent wifi, we would be all set.
Your service with Direct TV while traveling across the middle of Kansas is no additional expense???
I use my DD's DirecTV acct to watch tv when away from Seattle. The service is free, but not the data. When I'm at my favorite overnight stop I use their wifi, but can't afford to pay for data just to watch TV otherwise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:04 AM   #44758

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Or ....

You could order a 25bs flux capacitor and buy an adaptor for the automatic nose-picker so that you can run your tablet and your blender through the schlack condenser, thus freeing up the Splendide so your DW can wash your underwear, which you soiled when you saw the price tag on the annual fee for Cheatum's All Everything Entertainment Package.
I loved that! CAEEP!!! That's hilarious!!!

Good luck with your knee replacement Mel! Say hi to Kate!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote