Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #45067

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Since the subject of PC seems to have attached itself like a tick to the thread, I'm going to attempt to put a match to it and gently remove it before infection sets in. Bear with me as the first cuppa has yet to have taken hold.

Like anything else - PC is not perfect and is situational. To me it is more good than bad and therefore I practice it when I can. To me it stands for Politely Courteous and is situational because what is polite and courteous differs in the bar room, locker room, church, "political arena", a Curiosity or a public forum thread about being an RV Mutant.

cour·te·ous
ˈkərdēəs/
adjective
polite, respectful, or considerate in manner.

synonyms: polite, well mannered, civil, respectful, well behaved, well bred, well spoken, mannerly; gentlemanly, chivalrous, gallant; gracious, obliging, considerate, pleasant, cordial, urbane, polished, refined, courtly, civilized
"our courteous staff is available 24 hours a day"

For a group like us - RV Mutants - we say we are inclusive and welcoming of like minded RVers. That means we are accepting of others who enjoy a the RV lifestyle or hobby. We don't miss things our rainbow riders don't have and the Journey is the Destination. It does not mean we all believe the same things or are like minded in all ways. It does mean that we allow each other our differences whether we agree or not, and in order to maintain our cohesiveness we politely refrain from sticking our fingers in each others eyes simply because we have a right to do so.

Another word to ponder is Decorum.

de·co·rum
dəˈkôrəm/
noun
noun: decorum
behavior in keeping with good taste and propriety.
"you exhibit remarkable modesty and decorum"
synonyms: propriety, seemliness, decency, good taste, correctness;
politeness, courtesy, good manners;
dignity, respectability, modesty, demureness
"he had acted with decorum"
antonyms:impropriety etiquette.
"he had no idea of funeral decorum"
synonyms: etiquette, protocol, good form, custom, convention; More
formalities, niceties, punctilios, politeness
"a breach of decorum"
antonyms: impropriety

The areas of difference and divisiveness that we wave our arms about or feel we must claim a right to protest are small when compared to gazing upon beauty of Bryce Canyon, Colorado in the Fall, or the smell of the Campfire (or being PC now - the lung crushing stench of burning wood). These are things we embrace and are our respite from the trappings of frictional life.

We can enjoy these things with people of all walks of life and beliefs without pointing out how wrong and pig headed we think they are. It is a choice we make to get along and go along and a battle we choose to engage or let slide.

We are mutants. We are not a race, a political party, a religion, straight or gay, etc. We are all of these things and more. We are polite and courteous to one another, we maintain decorum, and respect each others differences - if we even know what they are. Call that what you will but in this situation it's as simple as this -

We Are RV Mutants.
Long Live the RVMdom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443452295476.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	108188   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443452395732.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	108189  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1443452535210.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	108190  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #45068
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
olite,
Oh, the iron knee.

(Steve, take a look at your post on a laptop in case the little guy sticking out his tongue isn't displaying on your phone. )

Speaking of "iron knees", I'm thinking of you today, Mel.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #45069

Quote:
Since the subject of PC seems to have attached itself like a tick to the thread, I'm going to attempt to put a match to it and gently remove it before infection sets in. Bear with me as the first cuppa has yet to have taken hold.

Like anything else - PC is not perfect and is situational. To me it is more good than bad and therefore I practice it when I can. To me it stands for Politely Courteous and is situational because what is polite and courteous differs in the bar room, locker room, church, "political arena", a Curiosity or a public forum thread about being an RV Mutant.

cour·te·ous
ˈkərdēəs/
adjective
polite, respectful, or considerate in manner.

synonymsolite, well mannered, civil, respectful, well behaved, well bred, well spoken, mannerly; gentlemanly, chivalrous, gallant; gracious, obliging, considerate, pleasant, cordial, urbane, polished, refined, courtly, civilized
"our courteous staff is available 24 hours a day"

For a group like us - RV Mutants - we say we are inclusive and welcoming of like minded RVers. That means we are accepting of others who enjoy a the RV lifestyle or hobby. We don't miss things our rainbow riders don't have and the Journey is the Destination. It does not mean we all believe the same things or are like minded in all ways. It does mean that we allow each other our differences whether we agree or not, and in order to maintain our cohesiveness we politely refrain from sticking our fingers in each others eyes simply because we have a right to do so.

Another word to ponder is Decorum.

de·co·rum
dəˈkôrəm/
noun
noun: decorum
behavior in keeping with good taste and propriety.
"you exhibit remarkable modesty and decorum"
synonymsropriety, seemliness, decency, good taste, correctness;
politeness, courtesy, good manners;
dignity, respectability, modesty, demureness
"he had acted with decorum"
antonyms:impropriety etiquette.
"he had no idea of funeral decorum"
synonyms:etiquette, protocol, good form, custom, convention; More
formalities, niceties, punctilios, politeness
"a breach of decorum"
antonyms:impropriety

The areas of difference and divisiveness that we wave our arms about or feel we must claim a right to protest are small when compared to gazing upon beauty of Bryce Canyon, Colorado in the Fall, or the smell of the Campfire (or being PC now - the lung crushing stench of burning wood). These are things we embrace and are our respite from the trappings of frictional life.

We can enjoy these things with people of all walks of life and beliefs without pointing out how wrong and pig headed we think they are. It is a choice we make to get along and go along and a battle we choose to engage or let slide.

We are mutants. We are not a race, a political party, a religion, straight or gay, etc. We are all of these things and more. We are polite and courteous to one another, we maintain decorum, and respect each others differences - if we even know what they are. Call that what you will but in this situation it's as simple as this -

We Are RV Mutants.
Long Live the RVMdom.

You said all of that before COFFEE.......
Wow..... Color me in awe.... Smile. Thank tou, well said... Me too....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #45070

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Oh, the iron knee.

(Steve, take a look at your post on a laptop in case the little guy sticking out his tongue isn't displaying on your phone. )

Speaking of "iron knees", I'm thinking of you today, Mel.
Thank you dear!
Old 09-28-2015, 10:09 AM   #45071

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Deb, tell Dale I envy him.

I haven't been out moose hunting for years, not because I don't want to but because my gimpy knees won't take the stress and I don't want to inconvenience a SAR team that would have to come rescue me once it is ascertained that I am way overdue for return.

I'll take a couple of Aged T bones if he has problems getting rid of any.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #45072
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
How I see it sometimes is that people want me to accept their beliefs and their ways, but they do not want to accept my beliefs and my ways.

Oh well!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #45073

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
How I see it sometimes is that people want me to accept their beliefs and their ways, but they do not want to accept my beliefs and my ways.

Oh well!
That's because you're weird, but we love you anyway.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:10 AM   #45074

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Speaking of weird and loving each other....

Just in case you missed it

http://38.media.tumblr.com/79403e41b...q3cto1_500.gif
Old 09-28-2015, 11:10 AM   #45075

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
That's because you're weird, but we love you anyway.
And in RVMdom, weird is a cultivated and admired status. Wayne, you were just complimented.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #45076

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Deb, tell Dale I envy him.

I haven't been out moose hunting for years, not because I don't want to but because my gimpy knees won't take the stress and I don't want to inconvenience a SAR team that would have to come rescue me once it is ascertained that I am way overdue for return.

I'll take a couple of Aged T bones if he has problems getting rid of any.
Well we are hoping for a successful hunt. He has until sometime in Nov to get his bull. In ID, it is once in a lifetime bull kill. His hunting area was closed until last week due to all the fires in our area. We don't know how much that will affect his success rate. There were only 3 tags allowed in that area too. If successful, you do realize that when you make a jog down to AZ or other south locations, it would only be a little out of your way to come down through the panhandle of Idaho and to our place for that steak.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #45077

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And in RVMdom, weird is a cultivated and admired status. Wayne, you were just complimented.
Now ya did it... as if his head isn't big enough already.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #45078

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
Well we are hoping for a successful hunt. He has until sometime in Nov to get his bull. In ID, it is once in a lifetime bull kill. His hunting area was closed until last week due to all the fires in our area. We don't know how much that will affect his success rate. There were only 3 tags allowed in that area too. If successful, you do realize that when you make a jog down to AZ or other south locations, it would only be a little out of your way to come down through the panhandle of Idaho and to our place for that steak.
At the time of year we are thinking of it would have to be on the way home from way down there.

I am pretty confident of my driving through snow abilities but I seldom get inclined to push my luck, especially on snow covered mountain passes.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #45079

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Now ya did it... as if his head isn't big enough already.
Can one diferenciate between a fat head and a swelled head?
Old 09-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #45080

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Can one diferenciate between a fat head and a swelled head?
Or waist...