Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #45305
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, sure is quiet when the kiddo goes home... no more trucks and cars zooming up the hall way, in the kitchen, and wherever I happen to be... no more repeating words all the time (he'll be 2 in end of November, and is learning words at quite a clip but not making more than 2-3 word sentences), but communicates his needs pretty well.
Tired... time for afternoon nap. Bet he's having a nap about now too!
Ahhhhhh... But, it's a good tired, isn't it, Marty?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #45306
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Oh we are doing fine Mel, but when you are full time living in a parking lot waiting for parts is not fun. However, we had some great ribeyes fixed on the grill tonight with baked taters and kale and spinach we are getting by. Plus Steve and Annie aren't far away either, parts are to arrive on Tuesday with installation on Wednesday, keep your fingers crossed.....

Cheers !!!
I've got nothing to do these days except send out lots of ohmmmmmms to our Mutant family members who need ohms! Will also cross fingers and toes on your behalf. What town are y'all in? (Guess I could go back and read, but I'm being lazy tonight. )
Old 10-04-2015, 11:29 PM   #45307

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I've got nothing to do these days except send out lots of ohmmmmmms to our Mutant family members who need ohms! Will also cross fingers and toes on your behalf. What town are y'all in? (Guess I could go back and read, but I'm being lazy tonight. )
We are in Grand Junction, CO right now, but hopefully back in Montrose Wednesday evening.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #45308

Quote:
Do you mean replace the tires in pairs? We always replace all 4 at the same time on the cars, but don't think we can pull that off on a moho. I'll have a look at the manufacture dates on all of them (once I'm released to drive) and make a plan from there.

The knee is coming along nicely! Thanks.
Well I meant you replace both fronts at once, or the four years, but never just one tire at a time.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:37 AM   #45309

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hi Barb!
---!!--
Good question Gary...
I don't pay too much attention to $ at the pump.
Must be nice, LOL! Gasbuddy.com and my calculator are 2 of my most important important tools.

Hi! back at ya! Stay sage!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #45310
MPH

Steve, RVMdom is a ghost town right now. This means you need to add another chapter to MARLG. I'm sure there's a ghost town or two in that novel of epic proportions.

Stay sage, my friend. Stay sage.

Mel

PS: Barb, before knee surgery, I filled Bow up with $2.04 diesel. Kate said she paid $1.85 for gas a couple of day ago.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #45311

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Must be nice, LOL! Gasbuddy.com and my calculator are 2 of my most important important tools.

Hi! back at ya! Stay sage!
When we're in a place for a week or so we just put gas in CR-V Mutant at a local place and occasionally use our Kroger / City Market discount points when the build up. At 20 cents off a gallon now. The guy in line before me the other day was at 40 cents off. That's real savings - but I don't chase gas prices around town for a few cents a gallon. The mutant only holds 14 gallons so it doesn't make a big difference at 10 cents or even 20 vents a gallon. Not even a Happy Meal in savings.

As for diesel in Bonita Bounder - she only holds 90 gallons but that's taking us 765 to 850 miles. We won't park it for an extended time without first filling up. Other than that - it's just wherever we are when the fuel gets a little above 1/4 tank and we can get easy access. The low diesel prices have us way under budget for fuel these days. That won't last and I may pay more attention when prices rise. But no further than we go in a month - it's not worth chasing the pump.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #45312
MPH

Are there any Mutants out there who carry a spare tire for their moho with them on the Rainbow? Or, I should say: How many of you Mutants carry a spare for your moho at all times?
Old 10-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #45313

I don't, simply because I don't have the extra basement room to do so, plus I don't have an air wrench that would deliver enough torque to remove the lug nuts either.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #45314

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
I don't, simply because I don't have the extra basement room to do so, plus I don't have an air wrench that would deliver enough torque to remove the lug nuts either.
... Or a safe way to lift the coach. I have heard stories of difficulty finding a tire on the road and having to wait for a tire to be shipped. But that's why I have roadside assistance and money. I don't have room for a spare either - although the brochure says I do. Lol. Wonder where they think it should go. Maybe roped to the ladder???
Old 10-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #45315

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Are there any Mutants out there who carry a spare tire for their moho with them on the Rainbow? Or, I should say: How many of you Mutants carry a spare for your moho at all times?
Probably the exception to most...

I saved the best tire and carry it in the basement... it does not have a rim, and don't carry the required tooling.

So I would still need roadside assistance and that is covered by insurance and Coach Net.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #45316

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
... Or a safe way to lift the coach. I have heard stories of difficulty finding a tire on the road and having to wait for a tire to be shipped. But that's why I have roadside assistance and money. I don't have room for a spare either - although the brochure says I do. Lol. Wonder where they think it should go. Maybe roped to the ladder???

Fleetwood did not anticipate GC supplies, grills, smokers, and PA amplifiers? Sheesh!
We will Mutate to somewhere today. Will know it when we get there. Sound about right?
RVM Ohms Generator is on full alert!
MARLG is being RVM Sage crafted?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #45317

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Probably the exception to most...

I saved the best tire and carry it in the basement... it does not have a rim, and don't carry the required tooling.

So I would still need roadside assistance and that is covered by insurance and Coach Net.
Strong, young guy like you can probably lift the tire... lol.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #45318

Quote:

No spare for us..... In the last 8 months we replaced all of our tires... Since we werent traveling, felt like we used diesel money for tires.... But yes... Always replace in pairs.... Ask papa Steve.... He just recently dealt with that issue...

Cool here... 65 right now... But have had only trace of rain since end of July... Very different for our area... We usually get a good spread....

Wayne, yesterday am, Larry was using leaf blower on back deck... He opened the back door and i thought of you... But he just blew the threshhold area out.... In retrospect, he should have bliwn the utility room too...... I will never forget that concept of husband cleaning tips.... Smile...

Moonrover and Mel... Hope you are doing as well in recovery as Larry is.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote