Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 08:52 AM   #45361

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
When are you coming to our area?
Early to mid December! Looking forward to it!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #45362

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning Mutants.... just sitting here reveling in my favorite morning activity... drinking my coffee and reading up on what's happening in your part of the rainbow.
I am getting a little bit of a critter care reprieve today...only 1 set of 2 kittens to go check on, feed, scoop for, then tomorrow a steady increase of critter cares culminating at 8 visits on next week Thursday then tapering down to 1 visit on the 18th... sure is fun getting to see all these critters, they are always happy to see someone because they are lonely and miss their people. (and it is fun to know I am making money everyday...while I am feeding my heart and having fun)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #45363

Attention Freightliner Mutants in Arizona next April

This is just to let you know that Sue and I have signed up to attend the FCOC rally at Fortuna de Oro RV Resort in Yuma April 6 - 10 next year. If any of you would be interested in joining us there, here is a link to the
FCOC info. If you are not a member, the rally fee would be $50 extra, but to join them the sub. is only $15pa. ......

FCOCRV.org: 2016 Yuma Rally

There are two Camp Freightliner events following the rally and I have signed up for the first.

Also, we are looking at extending our stay in Yuma, preceding the rally by a month or so. We are looking possibly at the riverside park in Winterhaven. Does anyone know of this place or have any other recommendation? Google views of the rally park don't look too enticing!

We don't have any firm plans on where to go and stay during our journey to Yuma (we will be leaving early December). Casa Grande is on the list and we think a visit to Wayne must be on the cards.

Cheers for now
Martin - 36.5
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #45364

Duh, I just realized my computer was on Pacific Time. So . . . . . . . the lull in mutant internet activity last night was not as long as I thought it was.

Still long by mutant standards.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #45365

Oh, I thought I would share with you a picture of a new tire with only 2,200 miles on it. It was installed on the inside of the right rear duals. It was a 255/70R/22.5 next to a 255/80R/22.5 Michelin.

A no, no, no, no. We were told that they were installing the blown tire with a suitable, comparable tire to the Michelin. Dummy me did not inspect the tire (in the dark) to read its tire size. I will not take folks at their word any more. BTW, until now they could have convinced me that all is okay between a 70 and 80. No longer the case. Thanx Tim and Don again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0758.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	109000  
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #45366

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Oh, I thought I would share with you a picture of a new tire with only 2,200 miles on it. It was installed on the inside of the right rear duals. It was a 255/70R/22.5 next to a 255/80R/22.5 Michelin.

A no, no, no, no. We were told that they were installing the blown tire with a suitable, comparable tire to the Michelin. Dummy me did not inspect the tire (in the dark) to read its tire size. I will not take folks at their word any more. BTW, until now they could have convinced me that all is okay between a 70 and 80. No longer the case. Thanx Tim and Don again.
Or…maybe your lead foot kept burning rubber every time you took off in that coach!!!

That tire is unbelievable, it looks like the tread just fell off.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #45367

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

That is what I would have been! There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for that to have happened! Putting aside that they don't know tire sizing, it is incredible they would mis-match tires on the same axle let alone the same side of a dual.

And that didn't even happen to me!

Hope you get them to replace all tires on that axle.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #45368

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok... enough is enough. Moonrover... come in Moonrover. Beside ourselves here and that's not pretty.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #45369

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For those sage mutants spending this winter in Arizona -- what are your arrival and departure dates? When does it start getting warm enough that you have to run your A/C in the Phoenix or Tucson area. I'm trying to figure out my travel plans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #45370

New 10 gal atwood installed the old 6 gal one went to sleep and it would not wake up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444258317148.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	109020  

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #45371
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ok... enough is enough. Moonrover... come in Moonrover. Beside ourselves here and that's not pretty.
No kidding! Moon, we're concerned and sure would like to hear a word from you. Many ohmmmmms sent your way. Hope you are making progress in the recovery department. A word from someone/anyone who can let us know how you are ..... Steve's not kidding. Can you imagine two of him? Him beside himself? Neither can we.

Thinking of you often and sending many healing ohmmmmmms to you every day.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #45372
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
For those sage mutants spending this winter in Arizona -- what are your arrival and departure dates? When does it start getting warm enough that you have to run your A/C in the Phoenix or Tucson area. I'm trying to figure out my travel plans.
Ditto. We are thinking we'll head that way [AZ] sometime in March. Don't really know what area of the state is best for that time of year.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #45373

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

What is ditto 3x...... Mel also asked...

I also would like to know? We are coming west, but not sure when.....

If you do not want to post it here.... Send it to the other email list... Or pm me here,
I will compile and put together another spreadsheet.

Dates if possible, or at least month
City, state
Rvpark if known...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #45374

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
New 10 gal atwood installed the old 6 gal one went to sleep and it would not wake up.
Electric and Gas???
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote