Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #45431
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well I wasn't holding off on my next post on purpose to milk all your comments, but they were nice. Son came in and we got busy stretching an electric fence to section off a new pasture.

Now you might have guessed by now what has our life on hold and you would be right the big C!

Yep Camping World! The saddest sight an RVer can have and this picture explains it all!

That's a wrecker and that's my Discovery! I hope it recognizes me when it gets back.

Seriously I ment to make this second post shortly after the first! Sorry.
Mmm, mmm, mmm. That picture makes me shudder ... Deja vu. So very sorry to see your beautiful coach being towed away. We hope the problem can be fixed quickly and at a minimum cost.

It's kind of like seeing a close family member taken off to the hospital in an ambulance.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #45432

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Mmm, mmm, mmm. That picture makes me shudder ... Deja vu. So very sorry to see your beautiful coach being towed away. We hope the problem can be fixed quickly and at a minimum cost.

It's kind of like seeing a close family member taken off to the hospital in an ambulance.
Yea, sure hope I don't ever see my coach in that position….ugh, sorry to hear Tim/Mary…good luck with the repairs!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #45433

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
MAN! That just plain SUCKS! Makes me sad thinking about it. Makes a bald tire look pretty unimportant. I hope it is something that is easier to fix than the wrecker makes it out to be. Keep us posted.
Don I feel like the luckiest man on earth! We made it back from our Canyon tour and Grand Curosity where we had periodic problems with our air bag suspension arriving safe and sound. Parked The Discovery in Barn and made appointments to get the air bags along with damage from the hail of a GC repaired. Morning we were to take it in I couldn't get bags to air up at all! Called Good SAMs and they said they would pay to tow it. Don't really have plans to travel till next year but just to keep in practice I'll be on CW like stink on a skunk till I get it parked back in my barn! Until then, I'm going hunting!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #45434

Quote:
Don I feel like the luckiest man on earth! We made it back from our Canyon tour and Grand Curosity where we had periodic problems with our air bag suspension arriving safe and sound. Parked The Discovery in Barn and made appointments to get the air bags along with damage from the hail of a GC repaired. Morning we were to take it in I couldn't get bags to air up at all! Called Good SAMs and they said they would pay to tow it. Don't really have plans to travel till next year but just to keep in practice I'll be on CW like stink on a skunk till I get it parked back in my barn! Until then, I'm going hunting!

Wow... Sorry, but dang you had us all worried....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #45435
MPH

[QUOTE=virginiamtns;2776411ppMel, you have cute cellulitis.

Elizabeth[/QUOTE]

Awwwwwww. Thanks, Elizabeth. It was a cute one, wasn't it? But it wasn't so cute that I wanted it to stay around. Its almost gone, thank goodness.

Any new pics of the baby to share?
Old 10-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #45436

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I'll show you my stump... it's cute... but in person... lol.
ok... but I ain't showing my scars n tattoos... thems fer Bob's eyes only.
Really, I'd love even more to see you get back into a prosthesis so you can have more fun....Maybe one with an interchangeable foot type for the types activities you want to do...I worry you are getting old (erm, and I'll be blunt cause ya know I love ya) and a tad lazy...
Old 10-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #45437

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well I wasn't holding off on my next post on purpose to milk all your comments, but they were nice. Son came in and we got busy stretching an electric fence to section off a new pasture.

Now you might have guessed by now what has our life on hold and you would be right the big C!

Yep Camping World! The saddest sight an RVer can have and this picture explains it all!

That's a wrecker and that's my Discovery! I hope it recognizes me when it gets back.

Ummm, you are getting it towed, so that makes me think engine trouble, so you are taking it to a Camping World? I might take Honey to a camping World for house work... but for engine, I go to the fellas who know her innards upside down and backwards. so educate me, because I feel ignorant here....

<edit> well should have read on further before posting.. got it now... them ol' airbags....
Old 10-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #45438

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wow... Sorry, but dang you had us all worried....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
You got that right Di... I thought good living had finally caught up with him. They say only the good... never mind... shame on you Tim. I thought Mary was going to be single and rich.

Tim - a coach to the shop is par for the course. Ask Jeff. Ask me - aside from the turbo (ESP $), slide toppers (twice - once on my $, once on the Hail of a GC insurance claim), blown transfer switch (ESp claim was light but helped) , a/c service, replaced 1210 Norcold guts with Amish Cooling Unit (my choice and $), new Splendide (ESP), Annual maintenance (me), new tires, adding PI 50 and Voltage Regulator, 2 14k Metal Trap Ultra water filters, 10k Watts water softener, led lights, MCD shades, etc. Etc. All since August 2012 and then some.

We thought you was a toad.
Attached Images

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #45439
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
ok... but I ain't showing my scars n tattoos... thems fer Bob's eyes only.
Really, I'd love even more to see you get back into a prosthesis so you can have more fun....Maybe one with an interchangeable foot type for the types activities you want to do...I worry you are getting old (erm, and I'll be blunt cause ya know I love ya) and a tad lazy...
Ah, geeze, Marty! I won't even ask you where your tatoos are. That'll be your and Bob's secret.

Steve, what Marty said. We've got hiking to do, bro.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:21 PM   #45440
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Ummm, you are getting it towed, so that makes me think engine trouble, so you are taking it to a Camping World? I might take Honey to a camping World for house work... but for engine, I go to the fellas who know her innards upside down and backwards. so educate me, because I feel ignorant here....
Our camping world here just outsources a lot of work. Of course, they get a nice upcharge for their trouble. We just bypassed CW and went straight to Lubbock Truck Sales (Freightliner), skipping the CW middleman. The guys at Freightliner could not have been nicer.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:27 PM   #45441

Well the new water heater circuit board is bad now we have to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed. Hope Y'all are having a better time

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #45442

Hey all !!!

Well the Beaver is back on the Rainbow, and it stops a lot better than before, especially its nice to have the parking brake work like its supposed to and I can give back the Fred Flintstone shoes back to Fred. It's great to be back parked next to the Potentate and Sweet Annie. Tomorrow we plan a trip down the Last Dollar Highway, and a stop in Telluride to boot. Here are a couple of photos of 15 year old rotors that are completely toasted.

Cheers !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444361285983.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	109135   Click image for larger version

Name:	1444361301143.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	109136  

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #45443

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

It could be worse, Tim. That could be the repo man hauling your Discovery away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #45444

Tim !!!!

15 demerits for giving a false pulse to the ommmmmssss generator, bad Tim !!!
Now go slay that turty point buck, we want summer sausage !!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote