Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #45445

Oh and one last comment, it sure is nice and wonderful to ride the Rainbow, but what's even nicer is being able to stop when there are things ya wanna see ..... lol .....
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #45446

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Well the new water heater circuit board is bad now we have to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed. Hope Y'all are having a better time
Well... Ugh! does that mean cold showers for 2 weeks? eek! I think I'd go to where the temps are hot enough to get the water to about 100 just sitting in the tank.... Can't recall if ya had a bathtub in there, but that would be another option... heat and pour like in the olden days... sheesh... come on Rainbow... let's get trouble off the mutants for awhile!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:41 PM   #45447

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well... Ugh! does that mean cold showers for 2 weeks? eek! I think I'd go to where the temps are hot enough to get the water to about 100 just sitting in the tank.... Can't recall if ya had a bathtub in there, but that would be another option... heat and pour like in the olden days... sheesh... come on Rainbow... let's get trouble off the mutants for awhile!
I have one of those heavy duty black plastic bag type solar showers that I can loan ya, Dwayne. Low tech solutions may not be as convenient, but the price is right and this one works as long as the sun shines.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:50 PM   #45448

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey all !!!

Well the Beaver is back on the Rainbow, and it stops a lot better than before, especially its nice to have the parking brake work like its supposed to and I can give back the Fred Flintstone shoes back to Fred. It's great to be back parked next to the Potentate and Sweet Annie. Tomorrow we plan a trip down the Last Dollar Highway, and a stop in Telluride to boot. Here are a couple of photos of 15 year old rotors that are completely toasted.

Cheers !!!
Glad you are all fixed up. I sure hope my 15 year old brake drums are still good!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #45449

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
ok... but I ain't showing my scars n tattoos... thems fer Bob's eyes only.
Really, I'd love even more to see you get back into a prosthesis so you can have more fun....Maybe one with an interchangeable foot type for the types activities you want to do...I worry you are getting old (erm, and I'll be blunt cause ya know I love ya) and a tad lazy...
Thanks Marty... I have had so many prosthetics since 1977 and seen more feet than you can shake a leg at. I wore an Otto Bock C Leg with a Veri Flex flex foot for years.

Truth is I retired because I had gotten lazy. I grew myself right out of one socket after another - 5 pounds at a time until prosthetics were more trouble than they were worth. It is my plan to get up on one again - but we shall see.

I also admit to relaxing in my first year of retirement and full time. Doing things like FB and trying to raise eyebrows. Something I never did for 27 years while on the job. And I'm basically enjoying not being wound up like a 10 day watch. So color me guilty and 61 in 82 days.

On a more serious note. Having lost my leg at 21, I can tell you this. It's no more fun with 2 legs than 1, or none. We each face the world with what we have, don't miss what we don't have and take it one day at a time. And since ya brought up love... it trumps faith and hope, and is sometimes referred to as charity.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #45450
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
And my serious side says that I hope all is okay or gets better.
Oh, come on, Wayne. We know you don't have a serious side.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #45451

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well I wasn't holding off on my next post on purpose to milk all your comments, but they were nice. Son came in and we got busy stretching an electric fence to section off a new pasture.

Seriously I ment to make this second post shortly after the first! Sorry.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #45452

R U an RV Mutant too?

Four hundred and eighty-three posts behind!!! Timster, being the fence post wizard that you are, mebbe you kin help a girl out???

I heard Mel needed more ommms and Wayne fell on his kiester so he needs ommms and Tim has a sad story to tell....he always needs ommms. Anybody else? Oh, yes, Moon man (da Rooster) and Papaw Steve's tires! Ommmm!

Can you tell Martin has been keeping me sort of up to date?

"It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegone, my home town...." I'm in the midst of a weeklong spinning competition, so in addition to having 2 new rescue cats to introduce to each other and to the household, there's much to keep me occupied and not online much.

The cats are doing well; the mice, not so much. Four days, four mice. No kills yet, but I did get one outdoors where it belongs. The other 3 lived to run home and spread the word that there are scary cats out there who'll chase you and bat you about and carry you in their mouth like trophies. Boogie man stories that work!

Found some cashmere/silk to spin. I'm a very happy camper!

Cheers all!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:13 AM   #45453

Fleetwood Owners Club
Last night when we were charging up the electric fence we wanted to see that we were in fact getting current thru out, so we drove to other end of the charged ribbon. Son ask how we were going to test it and I pulled out a circuit test light, clipped one end to electrified ribbon, stuck ice pick looking end into ground and watched as the light blinked on and off as the surge went through, about that time one of the dogs stuck her nose to the ribbon and reacted quickly. Son said there was no questions now, let's move the cows. I now know why you never see Cowboys doing cattle drives in the dark! Black cows are hard to see in the dark! Luckily they'll come running to the sound of a feed bucket.

Have a great day mutants!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:19 AM   #45454

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks Marty... I have had so many prosthetics since 1977 and seen more feet than you can shake a leg at. I wore an Otto Bock C Leg with a Veri Flex flex foot for years.
)
Steve I've often heard people say they have "Two Left Feet", your saying you have more?

Day 1 without The Discovery: up early, can't sleep.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #45455
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve I've often heard people say they have "Two Left Feet", your saying you have more?

Day 1 without The Discovery: up early, can't sleep.
Steve is the only person I know who could have 2 left feet, if'n he wanted 'em. Which by the way, Steve, leads to the question: Is there a place for a two left-footed cowboy in MARLG?
Old 10-09-2015, 06:29 AM   #45456
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Four hundred and eighty-three posts behind!!! Timster, being the fence post wizard that you are, mebbe you kin help a girl out???

I heard Mel needed more ommms and Wayne fell on his kiester so he needs ommms and Tim has a sad story to tell....he always needs ommms. Anybody else? Oh, yes, Moon man (da Rooster) and Papaw Steve's tires! Ommmm!

Can you tell Martin has been keeping me sort of up to date?

"It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegone, my home town...." I'm in the midst of a weeklong spinning competition, so in addition to having 2 new rescue cats to introduce to each other and to the household, there's much to keep me occupied and not online much.

The cats are doing well; the mice, not so much. Four days, four mice. No kills yet, but I did get one outdoors where it belongs. The other 3 lived to run home and spread the word that there are scary cats out there who'll chase you and bat you about and carry you in their mouth like trophies. Boogie man stories that work!

Found some cashmere/silk to spin. I'm a very happy camper!

Cheers all!
She lives! Been missing you, Sue. But sounds like you haven't had time to fiddle around on this forum. Spinning silk and gold and cashmere and such??

Steve, there's material here for MARLG. Beautiful woman sitting at spinning wheel, churning out golden cashmere and silk threads, cowboy with two left feet ... There's a tale to be told here, a yarn to spin.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:26 AM   #45457

Good morning.... Hugs and smiles for all of our mutanistic family.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #45458
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wow... Sorry, but dang you had us all worried....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Yep! Don't ever do that again Tim, or I'll haunt you (more than I do now.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Oh, come on, Wayne. We know you don't have a serious side.
I do to! It is the padded side.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote