Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #46061

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Our last nite at Lost Dutchman. :(
Attachment 110103
That's a keeper, Bro! Thanks Dave.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #46062

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mornin' Muteys.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #46063

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well as you can see.... Steve and Mary Ann and Annie and I will be at Bonita Vista in Jan. I don't know what their facilities are like - but do know they don't have picnic tables. We can work around that and I will ask about a Pavillion tomorrow...

A.d it does matter which is why I was prodding his hermitness mutant Poobah... to lock a place in.

There are sooooo many places to choose from. If you and Barb come up with something put it out there and see what happens... I'm leaning toward Yuma in Feb as I would like to see the dentist in Algadones. Not sure how long that will take, but wr have no problem leaving a monthly for a week long GC qnd returning provided it's not too far.

We're doing our best to pull something together that will work for folks scattered around the state - which is surprisingly small when you take it 100 miles at a time... it's barely any fuel - and no time at all really.

So now the balls in your court with Barb and Daves court with me... lol. Of course it matters Di... we all want to lay our eyes upon Porsche and oooh and awhhh.

Barb mentioned Picacio Peak State Park.... I have no problem with Yuma....
But leaving shortly to go babysit... Wont be back until Monday.... So dont be surprised if i am silent.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #46064
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Denise was a Shuck before she became a Dalla-Vicenza, does that help?
Quote:
Perhaps...
Nice talking to you about Wayne. I mean, about AZ...
I received 124 thank yous for the rest you gave everyone by talking about me.

Shuck you Dennis, didn't she? This many years later she's probably saying aw shucks!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:50 AM   #46065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Steve,. I just plotted out your route and an old saying came to mind. Something about a drunk prospector on a blind mule.
LOVE THIS !!!

AKA: Syncopation: Wandering movement from Bar to Bar !! (Musical)

Anyway, we are not able to plan this far ahead, but we intend to show up somewhere, sometime & want to spend more that a couple nights...

Thanks for the info & we will look forward to the MONSTER, GRAND - C schedule...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #46066
MPH

Richard, love your title for a musical! (Very Mutant. :-)

For those of you coming to DHRSP in April, the weather should be perfect. Average high/low temp there for April: 77/44. Since we'll be there in the earlier part of the month, it should be on the cooler side.

Di, hope you have lots of fun making more memories with your precious grands. Larry, hope you are feeling good and figuring out all the bells and whistles on Porsh. (Looking forward to a tour of your new condo on wheels!)

Steve & Annie, we know you two are having as blast, enjoying every new adventure and every new place, and meeting lots of folks on the road...maybe even potential mutants.

Dave & Nola ... Ditto! Love your Lost Dutchman pics. If we get outta Texas by mid March, we may try to spend a few days there be for going to Dead Horse Ranch.

Miss reading Tim's funny posts. Tim, if you're lurking, please come back and raise the laugh meter. And where are Sue and Martin? And Ken? Les?

Hope everyone is enjoying fall weather where ever you are!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #46067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
No insurance? What year was your rig? If they total it, buy it back and do the repairs.
Oh it's all taken care of. We have full coverage.

Quote:
I mentioned the FMCA 4 Wheelers were here in St. George. I just sat at the picnic table (lazy day) and watched em stage... this is just a smattering - and we only got "phone pics"... still, ya get the idea.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #46068

Steve them are some nice rigs

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #46069

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
LOVE THIS !!!

AKA: Syncopation: Wandering movement from Bar to Bar !! (Musical)

Anyway, we are not able to plan this far ahead, but we intend to show up somewhere, sometime & want to spend more that a couple nights...

Thanks for the info & we will look forward to the MONSTER, GRAND - C schedule...
Morning Cuz... I say Cuz cause ya know my momma was from Van Buren, so we must be cousins lol.

Like I told Possum on the phone last night, our rambling around is partly due to people, places and things we are going to see and do.

I have the skin cancer appointment in Vegas on Nov 5th - and he may want a follow up 2 weeks later as he did previously. And we want to be at Colleens birthday party on the 20th. Oasis is the closest park to the party but it's pretty expensive. Try $757.12 for 2 weeks (there website pricing is off by a multiple of 2).

By splittling the area beteeen Pahrump for 2 weeks and Oasis the followinf 2, we save some money and see some new things. Then we wander like drunken Nomads or Mutants... around AZ beginning with Bullhead City for a quick look see for future reference. We want to spend more time there but need to get to Wickenburg to see our new friends Fran and Bob, and then a short journey to Peoria to see my cousin. Since we want to mini with Steve and Mary Ann who won't be in Apach Junction until Jan, we needed a place to spend Dec and Eloy won out. It's only 60 miles between them and an easy move! That takes us into the 1st week in Feb and trying to work out a GC then - somewhere.

We're really looking forward to AZ this winter and hope to see many mutants there. I know Jeff and Marcia will be in Apache Junction just down the road from us so there will easily be Mini Cs with Papaw, us and the PTJeeps, and if Possum makes his trek - he and Denise will be in Casa Grande while we are in Apache Junction. So that creates many mini C possibilities. And if not mistaken - the Poobah may be nearby in Jan as well...

I personally don't like the idea of Picacho for a curiosity. Unless I missed it, the sites are electric only. It makes it difficult to keep pots and plans clean etc and it becomes more of a drudgery than it usually is (Annie would hate it lol.) It's just not our style anymore. At least at Dead Horse we will have water and electric

OK well - time to shower and head off to Zions or wherever we end up... it's looking like a beautiful day for a day trip!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #46070

Quote:
I mentioned the FMCA 4 Wheelers were here in St. George. I just sat at the picnic table (lazy day) and watched em stage... this is just a smattering - and we only got "phone pics"... still, ya get the idea.

Thanks for that.
Now for you, Jeff, Dwayne and all Jeepsters out there....saw this one is Apache Junction.
1968 Willys Jeep, saddled and ready. Ain't it purdy?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1445534584.832939.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	110148

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1445534598.892675.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	110149
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #46071

AZ Midi-C

I sent out a request for information to the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix and the Pima County Fairgrounds in Tucson. I gave them our requirements: water/electric at each site (at least 30 amp), at least a sewer dump nearby, picnic tables, covered shelter would be nice, etc.

Waiting for their response. Will share via PM with RVM1 & 2 if I get a response.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #46072

Quote:
Morning Cuz... I say Cuz cause ya know my momma was from Van Buren, so we must be cousins lol.

Like I told Possum on the phone last night, our rambling around is partly due to people, places and things we are going to see and do.

I have the skin cancer appointment in Vegas on Nov 5th - and he may want a follow up 2 weeks later as he did previously. And we want to be at Colleens birthday party on the 20th. Oasis is the closest park to the party but it's pretty expensive. Try $757.12 for 2 weeks (there website pricing is off by a multiple of 2).

By splittling the area beteeen Pahrump for 2 weeks and Oasis the followinf 2, we save some money and see some new things. Then we wander like drunken Nomads or Mutants... around AZ beginning with Bullhead City for a quick look see for future reference. We want to spend more time there but need to get to Wickenburg to see our new friends Fran and Bob, and then a short journey to Peoria to see my cousin. Since we want to mini with Steve and Mary Ann who won't be in Apach Junction until Jan, we needed a place to spend Dec and Eloy won out. It's only 60 miles between them and an easy move! That takes us into the 1st week in Feb and trying to work out a GC then - somewhere.

We're really looking forward to AZ this winter and hope to see many mutants there. I know Jeff and Marcia will be in Apache Junction just down the road from us so there will easily be Mini Cs with Papaw, us and the PTJeeps, and if Possum makes his trek - he and Denise will be in Casa Grande while we are in Apache Junction. So that creates many mini C possibilities. And if not mistaken - the Poobah may be nearby in Jan as well...

I personally don't like the idea of Picacho for a curiosity. Unless I missed it, the sites are electric only. It makes it difficult to keep pots and plans clean etc and it becomes more of a drudgery than it usually is (Annie would hate it lol.) It's just not our style anymore. At least at Dead Horse we will have water and electric

OK well - time to shower and head off to Zions or wherever we end up... it's looking like a beautiful day for a day trip!

Yep i saw the no water. Not good. I agree. Barb was looking at state parks.

Diane toftSFM #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #46073

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I sent out a request for information to the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix and the Pima County Fairgrounds in Tucson. I gave them our requirements: water/electric at each site (at least 30 amp), at least a sewer dump nearby, picnic tables, covered shelter would be nice, etc.

Waiting for their response. Will share via PM with RVM1 & 2 if I get a response.
Thanks Steve! I just got some bad news.... there is no room for Bonita Bounder in Bonita Vista 1/9 - 2/8 so we are looking for a other spot nearby.... oh well. Will find something.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #46074

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Uh... oh... stopped for lunch before heading toward Zions... may not make it... going to linger... nice little shopping area. And sushi... potstickers and crab puffs. This could take a while...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1445540932247.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	110156   Click image for larger version

Name:	1445540944855.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	110157  

Name:	1445540954943.jpg