Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2015, 05:45 PM   #46425

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sandee caught me with another woman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12096199_853493151438096_8226770842617902093_n.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	110850  
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #46426
MPH

Mutants, I come in need of more ohmmmmms. Not for me, but for Bow. Nephew James went with us this afternoon to pick her up from the shop, where our tech, Jeff, had installed a new state-of-the-art OTA antenna and did a couple of other minor things. After I wrote a check for the work, we followed behind as James drove Bow down the highway. We hadn't gone too many miles until I asked Kate to pull up closer behind the coach. I'd noticed something leaking from the rear.

We pulled up close and sure enough, I smelled diesel fuel and it was hitting our windshield as we followed. I called James and had him pull over. Diesel fuel was pouring out from the fuel line or the fuel pump or somewhere. James turned off the engine and the leaking slowed then stopped. Then, when he restarted the engine, the fuel started pouring again, and I don't mean a little drip. It was pouring out. Wish I'd taken a video of it on the phone. But, at the time I was so shocked and frustrated that I didn't even think about making a video.

James said that he had no power when he hit the accelerator. Said it took forever to accelerate and then he could barely even get it to 55 mph.

Soooooo .... back to Freightliner on Monday. They were the last ones to do something to ("fix") the fuel pump after Cummins in Amarillo totally screwed it up.

I don't even know what to say. I'm so discouraged. Just when I thought we had everything fixed and ready to go ....

Freightliner will "fix" it and then what next?

Is it time to sell Bow? Anybody have a good, working crystal ball they can look at for us?

Les, that 5th wheel of yours looks better all the time ....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:28 PM   #46427

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Mutants, I come in need of more ohmmmmms. Not for me, but for Bow. ...
Hang in there! I'm no diesel mechanic so I won't hazard a guess but I hope it is something pretty simple.

OOHHHMMMMSSSS to Bow.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #46428

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats on the new Rainbow rider, Pat and Barry. You should come join a bunch of us in Arizona this winter. I think we'll have the southern half of the state well covered.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:07 PM   #46429

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Mutants, I come in need of more ohmmmmms. Not for me, but for Bow. Nephew James went with us this afternoon to pick her up from the shop, where our tech, Jeff, had installed a new state-of-the-art OTA antenna and did a couple of other minor things. After I wrote a check for the work, we followed behind as James drove Bow down the highway. We hadn't gone too many miles until I asked Kate to pull up closer behind the coach. I'd noticed something leaking from the rear.

We pulled up close and sure enough, I smelled diesel fuel and it was hitting our windshield as we followed. I called James and had him pull over. Diesel fuel was pouring out from the fuel line or the fuel pump or somewhere. James turned off the engine and the leaking slowed then stopped. Then, when he restarted the engine, the fuel started pouring again, and I don't mean a little drip. It was pouring out. Wish I'd taken a video of it on the phone. But, at the time I was so shocked and frustrated that I didn't even think about making a video.

James said that he had no power when he hit the accelerator. Said it took forever to accelerate and then he could barely even get it to 55 mph.

Soooooo .... back to Freightliner on Monday. They were the last ones to do something to ("fix") the fuel pump after Cummins in Amarillo totally screwed it up.

I don't even know what to say. I'm so discouraged. Just when I thought we had everything fixed and ready to go ....

Is it time to sell Bow? Anybody have a good, working crystal ball they can look at for us?

So we're you able to get Bow to Freightliner or a reputable mechanic?

That would be step 1.
Step 2. Don't panic.
Step 3. Diagnostic
Step 4. Don't panic.

Let all those other questions leave your consciousness. Probably simple. Maybe their fault?

Fuel runs through lines - which are connected to things... (tech jargon). Probably just a line or connection.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:29 PM   #46430

Quote:

Hey Mel, !!!

Don't Panic first of all, secondly its best to find this now, thirdly my guess is a small leak that intensifies when the system is pressurized. Take three deep breaths and relax I can assure you it isn't always one thing after another.

Keep your chin up seriously, its not as bad as it looks, and one the bright side once it stops leaking your fuel mileage will improve, because it won't be leaking.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:30 PM   #46431
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:

Sorry to hear Mel and Kate. Man, reading your post I got a serious dejavu about our coach experience. Nothing more frustrating and worse when you're just starting out to enjoy your dream.
I have absolutely no regrets in flipping over to truck and 5th wheel. I love it!
Repairs?
Here's an example, when I had problems with my leveling jacks on my coach, it cost me $1725 at a mechanic shop and they still didn't work properly.
I just had a leveling Jack problem on my 5th wheel last week, it cost me $2.17 for the part and I fixed it myself in my driveway.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 PM   #46432

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mel and Kate, I had a Ford truck with a honking big International Harvester diesel engine in it and it developed a very similar regurgitating the fuel problem. Turned out to be a simple washer failure and about $30.00 in repairs.

Weird Trick or Treat problem, I'm hoping.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:57 PM   #46433

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
The reason I'm inquiring about some fairgrounds in the southern half of AZ for a GC or Midi-C is because the place (AZ) increases in population about 30% with the coming of winter in the north. Bazillions of RV's can be spotted on I-10 in late December and January. During good weather forecasts add I-40 to the workload.

The park in Apache Junction we're staying at (Bonita Springs) was missing loads of RVs when we were there in late September. About 20% of the park was empty sites but they were spoken for in November thru March or April for annually returning snowbirds.

It's virtually impossible to find room for 8 - 10 RVs for 6 - 10 days.

I could handle Quartzite for 4 or 5 days. Pack more into fewer days, visiting-wise, and then head back to Apache Junction. I'd be willing to go for 2 or 3 days just to see some mutant type folks. Can't be very fancy, laden with food preps, electronic extravaganzas, etc., but it would still be fun, fun, fun.

Any more info on this? Anyone?

If you are booked in sonewhere, send me the park name and city and dates.. I will compile them, so maybe we can ....

There will be too many of us there to miss this opportunity for another GC...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:02 PM   #46434

Quote:

Mel..... Follow your gut feelings... If you feel you need to trade, then do it... Life is just too short....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:23 PM   #46435

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Will any mutants be doing Quartsite? I am still so confused about where to go....

Will we NEED to make reservations ahead?

Dave info on this for ys new AZ winter wanderers....... Please....

We are gonna boondock some... Larry has installed 2 rooftop solar panels......
Anyone else doing this ? Know Barb does....

We aren't going to Quarzsite, probably never will. Boondocking is good for a small group or individuals. With 10s of thousands, it becomes something else. There are many clubs doing it. You may even be long to one.
As far as reservations there are 20 RV parks in the area, if you want to stay you should make reservations if you still can. Boondocking requires no reservations.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #46436

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha Marty, OPPPs they did it again!
GoRoyals!!
Old 10-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #46437

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Any more info on this? Anyone?

If you are booked in sonewhere, send me the park name and city and dates.. I will compile them, so maybe we can ....

There will be too many of us there to miss this opportunity for another GC...

What dates will you be in Az?
I am searching for our Feb and March. Looking at Yuma for Feb.

I know Sue is scheduled for the Gourd-O-Rama..

And Jeff and Marcia, Steve and Mary Ann, and Annie and I will all be in Apache Junction Jan in different places at the same time.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:14 PM   #46438
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Will any mutants be doing Quartsite? I am still so confused about where to go....

Will we NEED to make reservations ahead?

Dave info on this for ys new AZ winter wanderers....... Please....

We are gonna boondock some... Larry has installed 2 rooftop solar panels......
Anyone else doing this ? Know Barb does....

Call soon as parks with hook-up are reserved months in advanced. Never been, don't have in inkling to go there. Be prepared for lots of dust, and if it rains - lots of mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Ok,here's pics so it did happen. Our new home is in place and ready. Go to pack, unpack and pack again of course. We're aiming to start our full time journey on the rainbow Nov 11th. [...]

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Hey, leaving on a Holiday. November 11th is Veteran's Day. Coach looks real nice. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Up 95 to 10 turn left and see what happens. Probably Austin TX for Christmas
That's only a few hundred miles from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Sandee caught me with another woman
Like she's going to worry! Nah!

Quote:

Mel, I'm with Jeff. Besides, if it is something Freightliner just fixed, they will fix it again for free - or they should. If they replaced the fuel pump them may have bled the lines. First thing I'd do is check the spigot on the fuel filter and make sure it is closed. The reason that the fuel stopped leaking bad is when the engine was shut off the fuel pump stopped pumping fuel through the lines and when it was restarted the fuel would start leaking faster again. With the fuel leaking it was starving the engine and that is most likely why it ran sluggish. I don't think you have a major repair, well at least I hope you don't. Freightliner should make good on this.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote