Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #46677

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Ed, it's a hard decision. I took an earlier retirement from the Army in 1998. My plans were to retire in 2001. Anyway, the earlier plans didn't work out and needed to go back to work. Finally retired in 2007 and everything was smooth riding since than. In fact, Di & I are living a very comfortable life, much better than anticipated and not planned as such.

One fact that I looked at when considering Di's retirement, was that she could retire as a teacher and receive more money. Basically, she no longer had to pay into Social Security and Arkansas offers a partial tax exemption for retirees.

Just trying to say, there are many choices and roads for you to take. If the choice you make does not work out, just turn left instead of turning right. As we can all attest to, there are no guarantees out there or in life! And when one does have the guarantees, there are always the unknown collateral damage clauses.

Remember, there is only one guarantee in life, and it has been tried & tested with the same results- IF THE WIFE ISN'T HAPPY, NOBODY IS HAPPY!!!!!!!

Well, disagree a little here... I think there are 2 guarantees in this life... no one gets out alive...

On another note... I finally got some sort of time frame my dear sweet hubby is looking at for retirement... he finally uttered 2-3 years! Full timing is not nor has ever been in my mind or plans, (that is unless God forbid, he kicks off before I do, then I might consider doing it sort of like Barb, but with places of my own in the temperate climes so I can garden when I'm there should I chose to do that, can't see me not playing in the dirt though...) but I sure want to take the time to show Bob the wonders of the US that my parents showed us as we were growing up. He never got to see them, he has seen Niagara falls on a work trip and we took the kids to Mt. Rushmore and the St. Louis Arch... but for him, that's about all he has seen... so much out there to see! I would like to see Canada too.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #46678

Vintage RV Owners Club
Papa Steve is the lucid one!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #46679

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Sue, there's way too much to see and do in North America. I even enjoy some of the tourist trap, tourist trap places. Be sure when you get him to Canada that you get high up enough so you can see Mount Rushmore from the Canadian side. Kinda offers a different perspective on the place. Bwahahahahaha
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #46680

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Ohms for our puppy, please. Mary took her in for her four month checkup. We noticed a few days ago the she was tender and yelped a few times when she was picked up. When the vet examined her, she noticed the same thing, as well as a dent in her chest where her sternum is. They took X-rays, and her sternum has a congenital malformation, and is tipped upwards toward her heart and lungs instead of down/level with the ground. Right now her heart and lungs are OK, but we will have to keep an eye on her.

Ohms, too, please, for Mary and our son. Mary got laid off September 1, and our son got laid off today. As much as I complain about w&#k sometimes, I appreciate having a job.

We have saved up our KOA rewards and this will be our last weekend camping until Spring. Boo hoo😥
Ohms for the whole family! But I have faith that you and Mary can make a Meringue Pie out those lemons.

Do you think maybe the Universe is trying to tell you something? There are lots of ways to earn good $ while RVing. I'll PM you some links that I got from Heath Padgett's blog yesterday.

Hugs!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #46681

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
You had us listed in both the have and have nots so I sent you a PM just in case.
Look carefully grasshopper. The one is Dave and Deb. The other is Dale and Deb. PM me you last name for my spreadsheet.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #46682

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Google is your friend.
Mike, aka Dunner, used to post that all the time. I think it was his was of saying, "look it up, you fool!" I sure miss that old koot!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:15 PM   #46683

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
Sue, there's way too much to see and do in North America. I even enjoy some of the tourist trap, tourist trap places. Be sure when you get him to Canada that you get high up enough so you can see Mount Rushmore from the Canadian side. Kinda offers a different perspective on the place. Bwahahahahaha
Dennis... you slipping... that was me.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #46684

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCRUDE View Post
I believe so!

Colleen, traveling with Don (KSCrude RVM#17) & Mr. Malone
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Hooray, aka woot!
Old 11-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #46685

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Dennis... you slipping... that was me.

Not me, Kemosabe. Some other really smart mutant. 😜
Old 11-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #46686

Daffodil and tulip bulbs in the ground today. Bloom time: April.

Wonder if we'll be back in time to see them. 😳
Old 11-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #46687

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Look carefully grasshopper. The one is Dave and Deb. The other is Dale and Deb. PM me you last name for my spreadsheet.
This grasshopper is getting cold as I watch the snow come down. I was going by RVM numbers, not names. You have RVM 107 listed on both lists. LOL. Good thing the wood stove is going. I'm starting to warm up.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:51 PM   #46688

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
If you're thinking about an Equinox, drive the V6 model. The six gets bigger wheels, a different suspension and 301hp. The four cylinder was a no-go ( haha) for us. The blinged out LTZ V6 is awesome!
I agree, the V6 model is nicer, but less gas mileage and that was important to me as I still commute with it (100 miles per day easily).
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #46689

Hey, and words from our Potentate?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #46690

Spending a few nights in the rv about 5 miles from s/b on the Arkansas River. The view from our front. Maumelle Park a COE park.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1446772940.624453.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  112.0 KB

Diane toftSFM #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote