Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2015, 11:33 AM   #46789

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We can move this conversation to the yahoo email later - but let's start it here.

Colleen asked me about Catherine's Landing in May. I know Dave has an obligation in PA sometime in May, so earlier in the month works better for him, if at all. We can make it to CL by May 5th.

So if we have interest in May 5th - out the 12th... for a 3rd Ever GC@CL the 5th of May - for a week... we're game.

Any interest?
Interest - - yes Commitment (7 months from date) - - - no

We're pondering many options for 2016 calendar and some options will have to be set aside due to expense and timeline. Don't know which options make the calendar yet.

Large gathering of familiar faces in February puts a wrinkle into the mix also.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2015, 11:50 AM   #46790

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

We're pondering many options for 2016 calendar and some options will have to be set aside due to expense and timeline. Don't know which options make the calendar yet.
I hear ya Steve. We have to work our way from Dead Horse to Dallas - where we will spend 2 weeks seeing friends and then on to Normal, Illinois to visit the family. From there the plan remains - head to the Maritimes. That in itself will require a good deal of forward planning and early commitment I'm sure.

I have talked to Dave a little about the Maritime trip - but not too much. I think Tim and Mary want to make that journey and perhaps try to land in Ed and Jackies neck of the woods for a visit. It is early for planning CL in April, but I'm not sure how soon we need to get our ducks lined up for the North East.... What Fun!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #46791

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Agree! Saw it on FB - missed it here. Need to back track lol, thought I was caught up.
Don't know that she posted it here... but kinda was for Dwayne's benefit and I know he did it for her and he's been on a bit of late....
Old 11-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #46792

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
We can move this conversation to the yahoo email later - but let's start it here.

Colleen asked me about Catherine's Landing in May. I know Dave has an obligation in PA sometime in May, so earlier in the month works better for him, if at all. We can make it to CL by May 5th.

So if we have interest in May 5th - out the 12th... for a 3rd Ever GC@CL the 5th of May - for a week... we're game.

Any interest?
I am, but Mother's day is during then, and I know I'll have to miss our fundraising walk for work... which I don't mind since I already do the banquet in the fall, I might take the heat for this one... but ya'll might be worth it..LOL. Not saying a yes certainly, but a yes maybe on that.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #46793

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

Steve
Just PM'd you.

Barb we have one for sure and possibly two shade tents coming.

Trying to talk Earlene and the Unicorn into attending. Hopefully it will all work out and even more can come.

Come Feb 1 th Steve and Annie will be our neighbours. How cool is that???
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #46794

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I am, but Mother's day is during then, and I know I'll have to miss our fundraising walk for work... which I don't mind since I already do the banquet in the fall, I might take the heat for this one... but ya'll might be worth it..LOL. Not saying a yes certainly, but a yes maybe on that.
I thought, incorrectly, that mothers day was the following Sunday. My bad. But again - it's the earliest we can be there. Aside from seeing folks in the DFW area - Bonita needs to see her friends at Freightliner. So we're allowing 2 weeks there. And of course there is the Never Again At CL in April thing to deal with. So early May should be good weather and not to hot yet. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #46795

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I thought, incorrectly, that mothers day was the following Sunday. My bad. But again - it's the earliest we can be there. Aside from seeing folks in the DFW area - Bonita needs to see her friends at Freightliner. So we're allowing 2 weeks there. And of course there is the Never Again At CL in April thing to deal with. So early May should be good weather and not to hot yet. Fingers crossed!
Ya know Steve... anything after March 30 is dangerous weather wize around my part of the midwest, Don't know about Arkansas... but, only crazy mutant folks are allowed anyway... tee hee..
Old 11-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #46796

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Ya know Steve... anything after March 30 is dangerous weather wize around my part of the midwest, Don't know about Arkansas... but, only crazy mutant folks are allowed anyway... tee hee..
Heck - the weather can go south on ya just about any time of the year, anywhere... not a lot you can do about it. And the only one with worse forecasting ability than me at the sports book, is the weather man.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #46797

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I hear ya Steve. We have to work our way from Dead Horse to Dallas - where we will spend 2 weeks seeing friends and then on to Normal, Illinois to visit the family. From there the plan remains - head to the Maritimes. That in itself will require a good deal of forward planning and early commitment I'm sure.

I have talked to Dave a little about the Maritime trip - but not too much. I think Tim and Mary want to make that journey and perhaps try to land in Ed and Jackies neck of the woods for a visit. It is early for planning CL in April, but I'm not sure how soon we need to get our ducks lined up for the North East.... What Fun!
I was thinking about what it would take to get out to AZ for the FESWMG, but now you're throwing CL into the mix just a couple months later. And the NE trip - I would definitely want to participate in a gathering if it's held in the US, so I'm starting to get confused on which one(s) to go to!!! I can only take so many days off!!!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #46798

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I was thinking about what it would take to get out to AZ for the FESWMG, but now you're throwing CL into the mix just a couple months later. And the NE trip - I would definitely want to participate in a gathering if it's held in the US, so I'm starting to get confused on which one(s) to go to!!! I can only take so many days off!!!
Maybe it is my "Arkansas Mentality" --- OR --- Lack thereof :

Some can make one,

Others can make the other,

A few might even be able to make both...

BUT, with this variety, ALL have an opportunity to attend something...

Hope to see as many as possible...

Stay safe on the rainbow..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #46799

Quote:
Well.. update. May 5th - 12th is open at CL. They have last year's row - Buttermilk Rd open - the 1 across from the Pavillion. I have Mr Malone signed up and we're in so that's 2. 10 constitutes a group and the discount is 20% off the $239.99 - ($191.91) but I have not talked to the group coordinator to try to swing a "previously hail damaged discount" from them.
The group coordinator is Jennifer and while she was there last year, somehow I don't remember who she is - but she will call me Monday.

Sure. Count us in.
May is usually good. But then who knows on that. I have never ever seen hail like that. No promises on weather.

Diane toftSFM #64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #46800

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sandee and I ate at a wonderful dinner at the Columbian Restaurant in Clearwater, FL. They had a very nice Tapas menu and the guava turnover was AWESOME.

The Tapas items: Shrimp on top, Chorizo in the middle, ribs on the bottom and the meat skewer we already started into before we t thought we should take some pictures.

Desert...OPPSSS...forgot the "before" picture but it was tasty!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0923.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	111387  
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #46801

Fleetwood Owners Club
If mutants are coming to our back yard (Catherine's Landing) we'll be there. Most importantly is the Maritines trip, I've been practicing my NE accent, Baaaa Haaabor.

My thinking is there needs to be planning going on for at least two events.
1) A GC somewhere along the path headed to the Maritines. How bout it mutants from that area, it doesn't take a lot to plan a gathering up your way!

2) Planing for those that plan to continue the trip up into the Maritines.

CL or anything else is just ice cream on the cake!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #46802

Tim, it is Bah Hawbah and lobstah, and you drive a caw and work on a fawm, et al. Work on it!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote