Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #47895

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
The blue line took me directly to Bass Lake Resort. Zoom in and it looked like its lovely self. One year my wife's family rented every single cabin and we had a heck of a good time. We had a progressive euchre tournament where the losers stayed put and the winners would progress toward the "champion's cabin". Ah memories.
You realize of course that you once stomped in my old stomping grounds. Small world eh?

Looks like some campfire reminiscing will be happening in Tucson.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2015, 10:03 PM   #47896

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis and Dave,

I was hoping to find some version of your wonderful neighbor experience when Ami and I moved to rural Oklahoma in 1989, but sadly it wasn't meant to be. I was a single mom and not interested in joining the local Baptist church. Then I became a foster mom to 2 profoundly challenged little girls. One was a precious, always happy black child. That didn't sit well with the local bigots.

That was my back to nature and if a man can do it, so can I era. I bought 2 acres of land and started building our home. I hired help with the slab and the roof and my younger brother sent his electrician up to wire the house for our Christmas present. I did all of the walls and plumbing. I learned a lot about hard work and myself that year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 PM   #47897

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Cletus View Post
Looks like some campfire reminiscing will be happening in Tucson.
I still can't believe you and Denise will be there! Can't wait for that campfire!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #47898

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Mel. Did you see that list of things Barb can work on? Get to Tucson - you'll have Dwayne - Barb - Larry - Wayne - and on and on. The MFKAP (Mutant Formerly Know as Possum) can supervise. Di will make a list - Dave will sing (which will motivate them to finish it quickly and get away.)
Old 11-30-2015, 10:51 PM   #47899

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dennis and Dave,

I was hoping to find some version of your wonderful neighbor experience when Ami and I moved to rural Oklahoma in 1989, but sadly it wasn't meant to be. I was a single mom and not interested in joining the local Baptist church. Then I became a foster mom to 2 profoundly challenged little girls. One was a precious, always happy black child. That didn't sit well with the local bigots.

That was my back to nature and if a man can do it, so can I era. I bought 2 acres of land and started building our home. I hired help with the slab and the roof and my younger brother sent his electrician up to wire the house for our Christmas present. I did all of the walls and plumbing. I learned a lot about hard work and myself that year.
Barb, you can't fight bigotry any more than you can fix stupid. I have another campfire story about a young friend whom I played football with back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I still can't believe you and Denise will be there! Can't wait for that campfire!!
yeah, I'm having trouble grasping the concept myself.

Quote:
Hey Mel. Did you see that list of things Barb can work on? Get to Tucson - you'll have Dwayne - Barb - Larry - Wayne - and on and on. The MFKAP (Mutant Formerly Know as Possum) can supervise. Di will make a list - Dave will sing (which will motivate them to finish it quickly and get away.)
I guess I may be related to Prince, however you spell his name.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:16 AM   #47900

Y'all warm my heart this chilly morning with your stories. And yes, we had one of those wall phones with a coded ring. When it started, everyone froze in place and mid-sentence to see if it was for us.

We had 2 sisters nearby who had each married local farmers and who lived almost directly across the road from each other. Everyone on our party line knew not to try using the phone between 10 & 11, because Melinda and her sister were on the line. Daily. If you really needed it, you could pick up the receiver and ask for a few minutes time, but otherwise we just let them be.

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:16 AM   #47901

Oh I'm thinking Tucson is shaping up to be an epic curiosity of untold magnitude ..... lol ......
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #47902

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yesterday I experienced first hand the rule of the desert... just about every living thing here is home to or is something that will poke you, stick you, bite you, sting you, or otherwise inflict pain. First bee sting since I was a kid. Good news. Still not allergic to bee stings!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #47903

Quote:
Yesterday I experienced first hand the rule of the desert... just about every living thing here is home to or is something that will poke you, stick you, bite you, sting you, or otherwise inflict pain. First bee sting since I was a kid. Good news. Still not allergic to bee stings!
At least it was not a snake bite. Lol if stung by a bee wet some tobacco press it on sting for 45 sec. No more sting.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #47904

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Oh I'm thinking Tucson is shaping up to be an epic curiosity of untold magnitude ..... lol ......
I'm trying to figure out iof I should read 'anticipation' or 'cynicism' into your post. Or is it trepidation?
Old 12-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #47905

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yup, Steve, the desert is no place for sissies. make sure you pull out your desert bandana and spend some time reading it... it's like a book!
Old 12-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #47906

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Yup, Steve, the desert is no place for sissies. make sure you pull out your desert bandana and spend some time reading it... it's like a book!
Ah yes. And Thank You so much for that!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #47907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
At least it was not a snake bite. Lol if stung by a bee wet some tobacco press it on sting for 45 sec. No more sting.
Dr told me moisten "Adolph Meat Tenderizer" & put on it to draw out poison..

I am supposed to carry Epi-Pen & Tenderizer just in case..

Glad U R OK...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #47908

Quote:

You ain't esposed to be a-playin wit dem things! Din't yer mama larn ye nuthin???

Good to hear you still aren't allergic! Still not fun, you betcha. How did the 2 of you get so closely acquainted?