Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #47937

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It seems that time flys in the desert. Already 11 am and I'm still sipping coffee. Slept like a baby yesterday - 5 hour nap. To bed around 11 pm and the next thing I knew it was 8 am... now 11... gonna have to step up my game lol.

Saw a flight of 4 F 35s yesterday. Those things are awesome.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #47938

Light snow here, windy, windchill to 27*, temp dropping to 27* overnight. Bella should be okay in the shed. Warmer here than in Prescott!

We're off to bank, post office, and lunch at the Philo Tavern. We do live high on the pig here!
Old 12-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #47939

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Called and left message at Timberland for the FE M&M GC in August. Hope to get a call back today. For those interested - here's a reminder...
The First Ever RV Mutant Maine and Maritimes Grande Curiosity (FEM&MGC)

So far we have the first formal leg of the FEM&MGC Underway! - The Feast of the Great Lobstah in Maine!

All attendance is considered firm but Tentative - as things can change 9 months down the road - but we have to book it to keep the spaces. If you are serious about attending - lock in your reservation for Maine.

We will continue to work on the scheduling and the Second Leg of the GC - as we seek out NS and NB locations.

We encourage all Mutants to put on their pondering caps because we will need a coach count for The Maritimes leg soon. Break out your Pencils, Pens, Computer Programs, Winning Lottery Tickets, Recyclable Cans and Bottles, Plan your Spring Garage Sales, etc. And remember - We are RV Mutants. We are RV Mutants!

The First Ever RV Mutant Maine and Maritimes Grande Curiosity (FEM&MGC)
August 15 - 21 2016

Timberland Acres
57 Bar Harbor Road,
Trenton, Maine 04605
Phone: 207 667-3600
Email: info@timberlandacresrvpark.com

http://www.timberlandacresrvpark.com/

Roster
* = Maine
** = Maine and Maritimes

Tim and Mary **
Dave and Nola **
Steve and Annie **
Steve and Mary Ann *
Sue and Martin ??
Carl and feather faces *
Larry and Cheryl *
Ed and Jackie *
Old 12-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #47940

Vintage RV Owners Club
Folks must be huddled about their fires.... thinking about the Maritines... it's been quiet.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #47941

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We're making the best of the cold weather here... where we are and where we head for a month on Monday.
Brrr.... lol.
OK, really not getting the temps out there. You folks chose this place for the winter??? My RV is sitting 1/2 way down in FL and the temps haven't gotten below the 50's yet...and not likely to get much below the mid-40's all winter.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #47942

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Howdy Mutants...

So I have accepted a job offer... looks real good but is not one to allow us to travel. The good news is we should be able to stash some extra $$$ away so when the time comes we will be in good shape. So its continue steady as she goes, keep w**king the plan. Using up my remaining vacation as the new job starts as soon as the old one ends.

Oohhmms to all in need......
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #47943

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Howdy Mutants...

So I have accepted a job offer... looks real good but is not one to allow us to travel. The good news is we should be able to stash some extra $$$ away so when the time comes we will be in good shape. So its continue steady as she goes, keep w**king the plan. Using up my remaining vacation as the new job starts as soon as the old one ends.

Oohhmms to all in need......
Congrats Ed...hope it keeps you interested while it has to happen...
Old 12-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #47944

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
We're making the best of the cold weather here... where we are and where we head for a month on Monday.
Brrr.... lol.
Steve, have you compared the Plano forecast to these? I'm still wearing shorts and a t-shirt with a light jacket if I get out early or go out after dark. Phoenix still meets my standards for acceptable weather. I LOVE seeing those bright yellow suns. I'm also enjoying the low humidity. Everything seemed to mildew last winter in Florida.

I only bring this up so that those headed to AZ don't get discouraged from joining us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #47945

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Folks must be huddled about their fires.... thinking about the Maritines... it's been quiet.
Yeah if this keeps up we won't make it to 48,000 today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #47946

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
OK, really not getting the temps out there. You folks chose this place for the winter??? My RV is sitting 1/2 way down in FL and the temps haven't gotten below the 50's yet...and not likely to get much below the mid-40's all winter.
Yes, it gets a little cooler here in Phoenix at night because of the low humidity. But if you look at the hourly forecasts tonight's overnight low of 42 comes at 7 am. By 11am it should be 62. I can live with that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #47947

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve, have you compared the Plano forecast to these? I'm still wearing shorts and a t-shirt with a light jacket if I get out early or go out after dark. Phoenix still meets my standards for acceptable weather. I LOVE seeing those bright yellow suns. I'm also enjoying the low humidity. Everything seemed to mildew last winter in Florida.

I only bring this up so that those headed to AZ don't get discouraged from joining us.
I wish there were a font for KIDDING... The 60 or 70 degrees here in the daytime is very warm and the weather is absolutely beautiful. Cool in the evenings and better than San Francisco. Heat pumps on 70 at night and perfect climate in the day. And I mean perfect. I guess if you haven't experienced a desert day in the winter you could mistake my post for an actual complaint. NOT! Every day here has been better than the best day last winter in the RGV. Yep. Way better. You do need a fleece after sundown or light jacket but as my friend from Phoenix and cousin from Peoria say - this is unseasonably cool for night. We are loving the weather here and anyone would. And this is the truth so help me mutant. If you are in cold country - there is still time. Get to Arizona and don't listen to those with high humidity and higher Temps. It couldn't be better than this.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #47948

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Congrats Ed...hope it keeps you interested while it has to happen...
Yep. X10 Ed. Keep to the plan! We will hold your place.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #47949

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I wish there were a font for KIDDING... The 60 or 70 degrees here in the daytime is very warm and the weather is absolutely beautiful. Cool in the evenings and better than San Francisco. Heat pumps on 70 at night and perfect climate in the day. And I mean perfect. I guess if you haven't experienced a desert day in the winter you could mistake my post for an actual complaint. NOT! Every day here has been better than the best day last winter in the RGV. Yep. Way better. You do need a fleece after sundown or light jacket but as my friend from Phoenix and cousin from Peoria say - this is unseasonably cool for night. We are loving the weather here and anyone would. And this is the truth so help me mutant. If you are in cold country - there is still time. Get to Arizona and don't listen to those with high humidity and higher Temps. It couldn't be better than this.

Your newer description isn't as bad as the first one, so I'll grant you that. Just looked at weather.com and as you stated, the coldest doesn't happen till 7 am or so which is interesting.

Here's what I'm seeing tho so help me out here - the Tucson weather is hovering around 32 degrees around the 15th of Dec. What will it be in Feb?

And also, does the location where we'll be staying vary much from the "general Tucson" weather?

And I guess if the lows are for such short times, it's really not a big deal at all and you're right, dry air, temps around ideal levels, it sounds nice enough to go, so don't you worry bout scaring me off! I'm planning away for this 2k mile journey
Old 12-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #47950

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This is Feb in Tucson last year...
http://m.accuweather.com/en/us/tucso...weather/346936

Looks fantastic. Let's hope it is as good or better. I'm betting better!