Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2016, 08:16 PM   #49463

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
ALSO, do you have updated attendance forecast for Feb FESWMG & April Dead Horse ???
This is Steve RVM5. For the gathering in Tucson Feb 1 - Feb 7 at the Pima County Fairgrounds here is the "skinny" on attendees. To my knowledge it hasn't changed.

Mutants attending that are guaranteed a spot in the 15 site mutant cluster are as follows: RVM 1,2,5,14,17,18,36,39,40,48,64.77,99,114,116.

Mutants attending that have a 95% percent chance of garnering a site among the 260 sites available: RVM 13,86,110,127.

Attending but "commuting" from nearby places: RVM 80,130

Others are welcome. Just call the RV office at the fairgrounds at 520-762-9100.

Shaping up to be a fine GC in the great state of Arizona.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #49464

Papaw, you can add RVM130 as a commuting RVM.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:24 PM   #49465

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Thanx Dave. Gotter done.

Hi Nola
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #49466

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
And 129.. Curtis will be there a few days. But he has that under control.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #49467

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
In a sense... all RVMs commuters... some of us more often than others... but all of us at some time or another!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #49468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Just an update but they expect my sister to make a total recovery. Three days ago she had the guy with the sickle standing at the head of her bed and not I just found out she was transferred out of ICU at 4:00 EST today. Thanks for all the offers of prayers and ommmssss. Seems to have worked a treat.

Good news!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #49469

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
In a sense... all RVMs commuters... some of us more often than others... but all of us at some time or another!
Been reading up on tires and man am I dizzy. Needing 275/70R 22.5.

Steve didn't you recently replace tires on Bonita? If so what did you go with!

Anyone else want to add an opinion feel free!
Papa Steve what brand was it you had such wonderful luck with?
Old 01-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #49470

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Same size as mine, which are Michelins XZA2 Energy series (not the RV ones). I've followed lots of threads on tires cuz eventually I'll be in your position looking for replacements, but not for a couple more years at least.

Some folks who opt not to get Michelins tend to favor a couple of the Chinese manufacturers so I guess it boils down to how much you're willing to spend. You can also get discounts on Michelins with an FMCA membership. I believe the discount is well over $100 per tire.

And I guess which tire you go with will also impact your ride quality so it's a big decision IMHO.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #49471

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Same size as mine, which are Michelins XZA2 Energy series (not the RV ones). I've followed lots of threads on tires cuz eventually I'll be in your position looking for replacements, but not for a couple more years at least.

Some folks who opt not to get Michelins tend to favor a couple of the Chinese manufacturers so I guess it boils down to how much you're willing to spend. You can also get discounts on Michelins with an FMCA membership. I believe the discount is well over $100 per tire.

And I guess which tire you go with will also impact your ride quality so it's a big decision IMHO.
We took the factory GY 670s off and went with the XZA2 Es and used the FMCA program.

As I recall - the 670s were 7 years old and only had about 18.5 k on them. I took a lot of ribbing (get it) by a few mutants. But only 1.5k of those miles were mine. So having a job at the time... and money... I wanted my own new tires on my new to me coach. I can tell you there have been 2 slight curb scrubs and so far no "Michelin cracks".

I will also say... I like the ride better than the 670s and I have long been a GY man.

Can recall the exact amount of the per tire discount, but it was meaningful. Especially given how proud GY is of the 670s.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #49472

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We took the factory GY 670s off and went with the XZA2 Es and used the FMCA program.

As I recall - the 670s were 7 years old and only had about 18.5 k on them. I took a lot of ribbing (get it) by a few mutants. But only 1.5k of those miles were mine. So having a job at the time... and money... I wanted my own new tires on my new to me coach. I can tell you there have been 2 slight curb scrubs and so far no "Michelin cracks".

I will also say... I like the ride better than the 670s and I have long been a GY man.

Can recall the exact amount of the per tire discount, but it was meaningful. Especially given how proud GY is of the 670s.

Got a good quote on a set of Hankook and those on IRV2 that are not Michelin fans seem to like the Hankook. Saw some Chinese brands that were really cheap but you tend to get what you pay for. Still calling around and reading, thanks guys.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:09 PM   #49473

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Got a good quote on a set of Hankook and those on IRV2 that are not Michelin fans seem to like the Hankook. Saw some Chinese brands that were really cheap but you tend to get what you pay for. Still calling around and reading, thanks guys.
When Dog comes sniffing around here with his tire stories don't listen... remember he went over to the 5er side. He will need to reestablish motor home bonafides first. Just cause he had more motor homes in 3 years than many have in a lifetime, doesn't make him an expert. :sly:
Old 01-04-2016, 10:14 PM   #49474
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne, can you make smoothies like this? People would like you for it, and maybe sing your freekin song!
Um...easy on the floaters
I'll be more than happy to provide you with one of my smoothies and I'll add a special floater.

Quote:

I was having a hard time finding Michelin tires so I switched over to Toyo. So far, so good. What brand do you have?

Here is a tire comparison between your tire size and a 265/75R.22.5. Look pretty close to me. Toyo has the 265/75R22.5

Tire Size Comparison

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:27 PM   #49475

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'll be more than happy to provide you with one of my smoothies and I'll add a special floater.
Are you suggesting the likelihood of a Mr Floatie floater a la Victoria BC ?

You sly dog you!!!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #49476

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Are you suggesting the likelihood of a Mr Floatie floater a la Victoria BC ?

You sly dog you!!!
So now that I've slowed down for the day... great news about your sister! Ommms on high.

And one more sleep before you say, Doc. It hurts when I do this. And he says...

Tick Tock. Soon enough we shall lift a glass. I hear Wayne is supplying the booze in Tucson!