Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #50359

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
So when I know the end is at hand, the kayak and I will make one last voyage into the sunset and y'all will see THE END superimposed across the screen.
Why am I envisioning Barb standing, bent at the wast, in her Kayak a la mooning fashion?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 03:10 PM   #50360

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Divestment stage... is that where your IRA sinks like a rock. I have some experience with that of late. I've been thinking of starting up the FM-OOOOMS generator (Financial Markets ommms...
I start a job next Tue. Tell me about it!
Old 01-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #50361

We thought we were not rich enough

When we were first married we didn't seem to have much "extra" money. I was a teacher and Mary Ann was still at the first rung of the corporate ladder. We continue the practice of not buying each other birthday and Christmas gifts due to our need years ago to spend it on the kids. Looking back on it we were blessed beyond our understanding.

We had what we really needed. We simply lacked what we wanted. Young couples should not expect to live like their parents. We haven't "earned" money in our few years of work that our parents earned in many years of work. As we worked more years, I received an annual raise and Mary Ann was fortunate enough and wise enough to take advantage of learning opportunities that came her way. Thus she received some astonishing promotions due to her IT skills and the ability to help others.

Today, we are blessed beyond our wildest dreams. Living our dream. Helping the kids like our parents helped us.

We are fully aware that we don't have as much as a lot of people (uh . . . . . drive thru Pebble Beach, Palm Springs, Scottsdale, Chicago's near north side, or along most beachfront areas) but we know that we're blessed and try to be thankful for that every day.

Our secret to success? Learning what we could and what was offered and working our tails off each and every day.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #50362

Vintage RV Owners Club
Food in the belly, Warm roof over my head, Someone I love sleeping next to me each night, I'm richer than most the world! Add the kids and grands to that, plus all the loving I get from critters... I'm beyond blessed! All the rest is just gravy which makes ya fat!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #50363

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Food in the belly, Warm roof over my head, Someone I love sleeping next to me each night, I'm richer than most the world! Add the kids and grands to that, plus all the loving I get from critters... I'm beyond blessed! All the rest is just gravy which makes ya fat!
X2 there Marty!

So it's the gravy, humm, now I know! I thought it was the ice cream!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:55 PM   #50364

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And that means you, Mr. Bones Malone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1453506913587.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	117072  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #50365

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
No problem! Thanks!! Lol.

You arent Shara

But if you will take the class, i will pay her for your materials.....
Lol, take the class means no phone, no texting, and no talking......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #50366

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You arent Shara

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
I'm crafty, but not that crafty.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #50367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You arent Shara

I would pay to see that too lol
rosequrtzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:54 PM   #50368

Wuzzizname and Denise, along with their good friends Jim and Louise (future RVMs?), went strolling and shopping and talking and laughing thru the AZ Marketplace, and ended this superbly Mutant day with happy hour(s) at our house. Included was TDF (to die for) anti pasto from Denise and Medjool dates stuffed with feta cheese and bacon wrapped. Yes, pics!

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453513937.867398.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	117091
L-R, Nola, Wazzizname, Denise, Jim, Louise.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453514013.121681.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	117092
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 PM   #50369

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Could be worse, Tim. We could be stuck in a snowstorm. In Arkansas. Out of diesel. Out of bacon!

Thanks for your concern. I do feel it.
I was catching the beginning of that storm around Raleigh NC. Fortunately it didn't stick to the road and I was able to continue scrambling back down to FL unscathed and in record time (just under 20 hours). Now it's a mess from DC down and I'd be stuck up there instead of being here!

Quote:
Fridge seems to be too cold again now that I turned the outside fans back on. But we shall see tomorrow morning. Setting is on 5.
I set mine on 4 when that happens.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #50370

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wuzzizname and Denise, along with their good friends Jim and Louise (future RVMs?), went strolling and shopping and talking and laughing thru the AZ Marketplace, and ended this superbly Mutant day with happy hour(s) at our house. Included was TDF (to die for) anti pasto from Denise and Medjool dates stuffed with feta cheese and bacon wrapped. Yes, pics!
Attachment 117091
L-R, Nola, Wazzizname, Denise, Jim, Louise.
Attachment 117092
Thanks to Nola for being such a great hostess. Jim and Louise sure enjoyed themselves didn't they. Dave looking forward to mutating with you a week Monday. Safe travels and love from our house to yours.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #50371

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I was catching the beginning of that storm around Raleigh NC. Fortunately it didn't stick to the road and I was able to continue scrambling back down to FL unscathed and in record time (just under 20 hours). Now it's a mess from DC down and I'd be stuck up there instead of being here!

I set mine on 4 when that happens.
Carl... just told Annie I need to check on Carl lol. And here are!! Woot! WOOT!! Way to go young mutant.

Well ours was doing it on 1 lol. I think perhaps the thermistor replacement worked. It's 29 at the fins. The fans are cycling off more, the drain line is dumping water and there's no ice on the fins. But we will watch it this weekend. Talked to the tech Don today. He will come by one day next week to check it out.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #50372

Quote:
Carl... just told Annie I need to check on Carl lol. And here are!! Woot! WOOT!! Way to go young mutant.

Well ours was doing it on 1 lol. I think perhaps the thermistor replacement worked. It's 29 at the fins. The fans are cycling off more, the drain line is dumping water and there's no ice on the fins. But we will watch it this weekend. Talked to the tech Don today. He will come by one day next week to check it out.

When dare is no ice on da Fins, they is no longer cold. Finlanders luf da ice, ya no? Dare wet pants tells uf thaw. Ya kin trust Fins wit wet pants. Keep one in da ice box.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote