Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2016, 10:46 AM   #50513

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Just make one from a paper plate and use a squirt gun... that happened in Utah, I think Tim can explain how to do it... you might need a 10 gallon hat though if I recall correctly as Quick draw McGraw wore one of those... maybe a vest? Do ya need a badge? There were a few of those about too...LOL!We don't need to spend much to have a great time!
And I can loan you my cap gun!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #50514

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Just make one from a paper plate and use a squirt gun... that happened in Utah, I think Tim can explain how to do it... you might need a 10 gallon hat though if I recall correctly as Quick draw McGraw wore one of those... maybe a vest? Do ya need a badge? There were a few of those about too...LOL!We don't need to spend much to have a great time!
Marty in these days and times I have to be careful in giving out holsters and weapon information, knowing Possium, he'll shot his eye out! Or like me in Utah where my water pistol leaked all down my leg! At least I blamed it on the pistol.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:06 AM   #50515

On our way to pick up the Jeep! Depression at the other end of the couch dissipating as we speak.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #50516

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Sue, are you camping at the site where the gourd show is happening? There were a plethora of RVs there at the Blue Grass Festival. BTW there's a festival in Tucson but after we have left for this trip.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #50517
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Enjoyed it.... But compared to other NP, about a 5 on 1-10 scale.
There is Camping here, but we were staying in Palm Springs.... Had some free nights with Thousand Trails from buying rv, nice park, but not sure it is worth the $$$ if had to pay for it....

This us a Joshua tree, also called a Dr, Seus tree

Next boondocking in Quartzite......

Attachment 117373

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Well, guess we will bypass Joshua Tree. We have 9 or 10 days to kill between the end of our stay in Prescott National Forest (after Dead Horse) and the beginning of our short stay at Grand Canyon NP. Trying to figure out something to do, somewhere to go that won't be too hot or too cold that last half of April.

I have looked at a couple places in Southern California, near San Diego where a first cousin lives. Lake Jennings has a great looking campground and far enough from SD to not have to get into the traffic.

Any Mutant suggestions on where we could spend those 9 or 10 days, are most welcomed.

We might do a few weeks at Quartzite next winter. Guess we'd need some solar panels if we did, although Barb tells me they couldn't keep up with our little residential frig. So, IF we still have Bow next winter, we'll just have to see what our options are then.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #50518

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Well, guess we will bypass Joshua Tree. We have 9 or 10 days to kill between the end of our stay in Prescott National Forest (after Dead Horse) and the beginning of our short stay at Grand Canyon NP. Trying to figure out something to do, somewhere to go that won't be too hot or too cold that last half of April.

I have looked at a couple places in Southern California, near San Diego where a first cousin lives. Lake Jennings has a great looking campground and far enough from SD to not have to get into the traffic.

Any Mutant suggestions on where we could spend those 9 or 10 days, are most welcomed.

We might do a few weeks at Quartzite next winter. Guess we'd need some solar panels if we did, although Barb tells me they couldn't keep up with our little residential frig. So, IF we still have Bow next winter, we'll just have to see what our options are then.
We saw a dude in Quartzsite with a heavy duty extension cord running from a generator he had tucked in behind a sand dune. I asked about his fear of losing the unit and he said its almost as safe as home when in the desert.

He had a residential and didn't like running the onboard generator.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #50519

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

We have never been there, BUT was planning to when we visit my Brother in Bonita... it is called "Sweetwater Summit County Park".. Shows 30 amp, good for us, but you might need 50...

If you go there, we would love a comment.. Eventually, we hope to stay there...

Have a safe trip & Enjoy..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #50520

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sue, I seem to have trouble getting a PM back to you...So the rest of you can tune out if you'd like...
EFT, is that tapping the lymph nodes? I saw a really good video from a chiropractor on that for draining the lymph system during a sinus infection or whenever you are stuffed up and feeling congested.... started by tapping in the hollow by the clavicle and a particular technique to drain the neck lymph pathways, tap again and move up to the head and clear between the nose and the earlobe and down the neck, tap again and move your way up to the top sinuses...etc.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #50521
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
We have never been there, BUT was planning to when we visit my Brother in Bonita... it is called "Sweetwater Summit County Park".. Shows 30 amp, good for us, but you might need 50...

If you go there, we would love a comment.. Eventually, we hope to stay there...

Have a safe trip & Enjoy..
Sounds interesting. Will check out Sweetwater Summit County Park. Our coach should be 50 amp, but Fleetwood decided to build the Discovery with 30amp. Go figure. When we bought it, I though it was 50 amp because a previous owner had changed out the cord from 30 to 50 amp, so we can plug into 50 amp. But when I found out it is really wired 30 amp, I'm kinda afraid to plug into 50. Usually just use adapter and plug into 30.

If we get out there before you, we will certainly let you know what we find out!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #50522
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
We saw a dude in Quartzsite with a heavy duty extension cord running from a generator he had tucked in behind a sand dune. I asked about his fear of losing the unit and he said its almost as safe as home when in the desert.

He had a residential and didn't like running the onboard generator.
Wow, he's a lot more trusting than I would be. I think I would be putting a heavy duty chain around that genny.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #50523

R U an RV Mutant too?

Dave, you didn't tell us???

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453758702.890582.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	117401
Old 01-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #50524

R U an RV Mutant too?

Bones, Bones! What have you done??

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1453758776.385670.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	117402

(At WalMart in Galveston.)
Old 01-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #50525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Thanks! I'm working on it.

Discovered the kefir packet did not get picked up, so have none of that yet. 😡 Maybe we can find a health food store on the Island that carries it.

Di, do you have any for starter?

Ommms working... may I share? Who besides Shara needs them? Ann? Annie?

Cheers!
I am on the mend, feeling a little better every day, I know I have a long road but knowing y'all are there helps,
rosequrtzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #50526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Guess I need to ask for some ommms for myself, please. I seem to have run out.

Pinched nerve in my neck, and a cough & sore throat that seem to have gotten into the lymph nodes. Nothing major, just irritating enough to interfere with life in general and probably with Curiosities. Can't have that!

Really enjoyed our minis with Wayne & Earlene, though. And Miya, of course.
I hope you are feeling better soon, ommms coming your way
rosequrtzl is offline   Reply With Quote