Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #51395

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
So today we had a very large lunch. We were sitting here contemplating water or other liquid for supper when guess who showed up - hungry. Barry and Pat are here at Hacienda RV Resort. Well, they were not the only ones hungry as they showed up when Miya was looking at the clock saying, "It's five o'clock, feed me." We did chat for a while and we mentioned we had donuts. Barry then invited himself back for breakfast and that is fine with us.

Just more great Mutants. We invited them to come down and enjoy some humidity along the Texas Gulf Coast. Humidity here today was 1%. My system doesn't like that at all.

Hope they can join us in San Antonio.
So they went the other way... thought they were coming to Yuma.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:49 PM   #51396

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Ugh, please don't send me back so quickly!!! It's going to be very cold there...

No, we're all settled back in Florida today after dealing with a warranty claim for a busted motor on the front door awning this morning. I stayed overnight at a rest area as it was on the way back and another 90 miles to get to our resting place. I was supposed to have it fixed prior to the Tucson trip but they wound up getting the wrong part shipped to them and thus had to wait it out.

The grand total for my trip was 4,300 miles at a cost of just 23 cents per mile!!! I think that wasn't too bad

And two pics - one showing why it takes so long to go from point A to B out west and the second is one of my favorites with the Cactus plants behind the bike
Thanks for checking in bro. We were wondering about you!
Old 02-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #51397

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
More from Mexico.
1) Denise waving to y'all from the sunset from thye gulf of California.
2) Nudder Sunset shot
3) Kitchen all set up for me to cook supper.

BTW fresh fish is $3.00 a kilo.

Fresh home made baggets from guy across the way is 50 pesos. About a buck.

Looks great!!! Thanks for sharing photos!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #51398

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
For this contemplating visiting Las Cruces, NM, we found a nice Mexican restaurant near Hacienda RV Resort called Cha Chi's, just shy of 3 miles. Good food, good prices. Address is: 2460 S Locust St, Las Cruces, NM.

ALSO, Just down the road from Hacienda RV Resort is Historic Mesilla and if you drive the main drag from the RV resort, just down on the left hand side is Ristramnn Chili Co. All kinds of chili, dried and powder form, mild or hot. We also were looking for the Hatch Chili as was provided at the GC in Tucson but we were not having any luck until I asked at Ristramnn (Spelling is correct). He had frozen mild and hot so now we have some to take home for the grill.

Happy trails.

Sounds like a great time and we will be visiting the restaurant and the chili store I am sure.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:22 PM   #51399

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
More from Mexico.
1) Denise waving to y'all from the sunset from thye gulf of California.
2) Nudder Sunset shot
3) Kitchen all set up for me to cook supper.

BTW fresh fish is $3.00 a kilo.

Fresh home made baggets from guy across the way is 50 pesos. About a buck.
You must feel like a Yank in Canada.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #51400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I second the recommendation for Riverfront. Close to Mexico exit. A nice park with trees, and very inexpensive.

Glad to hear it. We are planning to be there all of March, sight unseen. Kayak at the ready too! Thanks.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:15 AM   #51401

Quote:
For this contemplating visiting Las Cruces, NM, we found a nice Mexican restaurant near Hacienda RV Resort called Cha Chi's, just shy of 3 miles. Good food, good prices. Address is: 2460 S Locust St, Las Cruces, NM.

ALSO, Just down the road from Hacienda RV Resort is Historic Mesilla and if you drive the main drag from the RV resort, just down on the left hand side is Ristramnn Chili Co. All kinds of chili, dried and powder form, mild or hot. We also were looking for the Hatch Chili as was provided at the GC in Tucson but we were not having any luck until I asked at Ristramnn (Spelling is correct). He had frozen mild and hot so now we have some to take home for the grill.

Happy trails.

Ristramnn was on our list before we left ... and we found it closed. Arghhh!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #51402

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Arrgh! Arrgh! and Argh! That was the mechanical stuffs ohmms genny firing up!
We are fine we have come to grips that our rainbow has some pot holes in it. And that us fine by us

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #51403

Is not us

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #51404

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
We are fine we have come to grips that our rainbow has some pot holes in it. And that is fine by us
Hey you're a Mutant with a capital "M". Nothing phases you and we all appreciate your adaptability. Hopefully our paths will cross again this trip and we can sit and chuckle over the foibles of Mutant Life.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:28 AM   #51405

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You must feel like a Yank in Canada.
Don't speak the language but am having a ball with the people. Will maybe be learning the Mexican Rules for the Italian Bocce Game later today if I understood the gesturing the locals were making.

The site is all hard pack and sand but we're all OK with that.

The price is so right.

Denise and Janet made fish fajitas for supper last night and they we delicious.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #51406

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
So today we had a very large lunch. We were sitting here contemplating water or other liquid for supper when guess who showed up - hungry. Barry and Pat are here at Hacienda RV Resort. Well, they were not the only ones hungry as they showed up when Miya was looking at the clock saying, "It's five o'clock, feed me." We did chat for a while and we mentioned we had donuts. Barry then invited himself back for breakfast and that is fine with us.

Just more great Mutants. We invited them to come down and enjoy some humidity along the Texas Gulf Coast. Humidity here today was 1%. My system doesn't like that at all.

Hope they can join us in San Antonio.
Being he is Welsh someone should have explained that he turn left off South Houghton onto I-10 to get to Yuma. `

My bad.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #51407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
We are fine we have come to grips that our rainbow has some pot holes in it. And that us fine by us

So am assuming you are still close by.....
Tell Shara i have done webbing on 3of 5new catchers, and bought stuff for 3 more for neighbor kids.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #51408

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Wow! That looks great! Deb & I want to spend a while there next winter. If you can do a map with your route. How long are you spending there?
At Tucson you turn south off of I-10 which becomes 15D (low cost toll road) to Hermosillo and about 1/2 way through town you turn right (west) onto the Bahia de Kino road. Basically its highway 26 / 100 and it takes you right to town. 15D takes a sharp right in Hermosillo and aat that point you turn left onto 20/100.

BTW fuel up just before you cross the border and take the truck route into Mexico. Watch what you have in your refrigerator as you are not allowed to bring meat or fresh vegetable, dairy and fruit. Replacing it down here is very inexpensive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Route.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	118883