Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #52375

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're back in Sebastian Florida and warm weather at last. Re-furnishing the empty house we oh so nearly sold. Here until May, then off to Colorado,Wyoming and who knows, return in November. All mutants are welcome,some great digs around here.
Be safe

Barry and Pat, RVM114
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #52376

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
We're back in Sebastian Florida and warm weather at last. Re-furnishing the empty house we oh so nearly sold. Here until May, then off to Colorado,Wyoming and who knows, return in November. All mutants are welcome,some great digs around here.
Be safe

Barry and Pat, RVM114
Need to consider the Maine & Maritime GC in Aug. There will be some of the old crew of mutants that you've meet and several you haven't ! And as you know regardless of where the GC is fun will find it!
Old 03-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #52377

R U an RV Mutant too?

You folks (aka RV Mutants) are warming our hearts!
Roper Lake is a fam place. RVs and tents of all colors and sizes. Fires glowing, the giggles of kids in tents, and adults being kids. All sorts of fun in the Cottonwood loop here!
And all we have for our RVMville folks is a GC at Dead Horse to look forward to, with the same sights and sounds as here at Roper Lake. Ain't nobody wouldn't love this place!
And Orions Belt is just where it should be. When most of the lights go out, the Milky Way gleams.
Pic of our Gi-Normous site. BTW, the covered ramadas all have their backs to the afternoon sun AND the prevailing wind. Good Q and smoker spots!
BTW, Jerry's is a good restaurant, and the "Mex" is grand here. Safford is part of the "Salsa Trail".
Okay. Where's the RVM Night Shift?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457581245.363580.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	121078
Tomorrow, Willcox and many things, including the Rex Allen Museum. Oh, food too.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #52378

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave, it looks like a rainbow colored unicorn horn on Gwen.

Well Sis, I did line things up a bit.
The earlier one was this. Looks like Waynes tail!!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457581784.656952.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	121080

Old 03-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #52379

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Roper Lake SP, Safford Az
Sites are wide and paved, much to see and do.
Attachment 121067
Last evening our RV (Gwen) had a Rainbow all her own.
And today we rode our bikes around Roper Lake.
Attachment 121068
Attachment 121069
Attachment 121070
Attachment 121071

Lookin good, very inviting!

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 03-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #52380

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Possum... if you decide on dinner at the Turquoise Room... take your wallet (Waynes if you can get it.) But I will suggest, or may go so far as to assert, you won't regret it.
Maybe one of these would suit you. I could eat one right now.

The Wild – Wild Platter $34
Crispy fried Quail with orange Oaxaca sauce, Colorado farm-raised Elk medallion, with black currant sauce, green chili, cheese tamale topped with Bison, Elk, and Wild Boar chili, finished with a fresh vegetable medley.

Or

Seared Colorado Elk Medallions with Black Currant Sauce $34 GF
Three Farm-raised Elk medallions with a black currant sauce, wild mushroom and roasted corn flan, steamed sugar snap peas.

These animals are free range grazed in Colorado, hormone and antibiotic free.

Oh man... breakfast...

Baked Beef Machaca Chilaquiles $13
Shredded beef machaca with tomatoes, peppers, onions and spices, scrambled with two eggs, smoky red chile tomato sauce, crispy red and blue corn tortilla chips, jalapeno jack cheese. Topped with crema fresca and roasted corn salsa served with black beans.

or
What I had...
Arizona Green Chile Eggs $10.95
Creamy polenta in a pool of green chile, tomatillo sauce topped with two eggs, covered in melted jalapeno jack cheese and garnished with roasted corn salsa and diced fresh tomatoes, black beans and served with warm corn tortillas.

The Am Track stops right at the hotel. This is the place I suggest mutants hop a train together somewhere - stay and night and return. It's an oasis in the middle of nowhere with a train stop, and some history.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:35 PM   #52381

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh gee... I hopped in and read this last post from you, Steve, at 12;32My time and all I could think of after I read the word oasis was... Midnight at the oasis, send your camel to bed.....Shadows painting our faces...
With those notes running through your head, I now slip off to bed (for a second try at sleep tonight)
Old 03-10-2016, 02:43 AM   #52382
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
A deviant nose sounds so Mutant

That was a good one, Dave.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:52 AM   #52383
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
We find that program very entertaining. I record it so we can skip through all the commercials. (Don't tell the network.)

That was quite a surprise when Christina went up and sang with that young man. She has such a great singing voice. He will treasure that moment for a very long time.

We're Voice fans. Best thing on tv as far as we're concerned, and one of the few things we watch regularly. Love it that these mega-stars grovel and beg these unknown, every day kind of folks to be on their team. Kind of a reversal of how the fame thing usually works. The blind auditions were a genius idea!
Old 03-10-2016, 03:30 AM   #52384
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Mel, Brody has already stolen my heart just from the stories you've told. I can't wait to see video of him so I can hear his voice. Four is a wonderful age -- old enough to start thinking beyond themselves but not yet ruined by outside influences.
That is so true, Barb. Here is a story you don't know yet about Brody. About a week after he was born, his mother took off. She and my nephew we're not married, although my nephew had asked her many times. She would say yes, but then would always give an excuse to put it off. Nephew finally found out after she left him and Brody that she was not divorced from hubby #1, with whom she had a 2 yr old daughter (who my nephew was helping to raise) and who she has now abandoned (the girl's birth father has full custody now, according to what my nephew has learned - they've talked).

My nephew bucked up and took care of his infant son, refusing help most of the time. He told all of us in the family that he was responsible for bringing Brody into the world and he was going to step up to the plate and be the best daddy he could be. Well, he did an amazing job. But by the time Brody turned 2, his dad was emotionally and physically exhausted.

Raising a baby alone is not easy, and for a young man on his own there are many challenges, (as for a woman). So he began praying for help. And the Universe sent him and Brody a gift from heaven named Meagan. She and my nephew had known each other years earlier, and found each other again. They married when Brody was about 26 months old and Meagan has been Brody's true mommy ever since. They have a bond that is nothing short of amazing. She teaches Brody constantly. Everything is a learning opportunity. She has great wisdom in raising him. And there is the love ... She has deep, unending love for her son. She is the most dedicated mother I've ever known.

One day Brody will really understand what a gift his mommy is to him and what an amazing gift he is to her. When she was 19, she had to have a hysterectomy. Brody is the greatest gift of her life. When Brody was 7 days old, his birth mother abandoned him. Meagan is the greatest gift of Brody's young life. His birth mother gave up all rights to him. Idiot. (I can think of many words ....) And even though my nephew had offered birth mother's parents to have a relationship with Brody, they declined several times. So, since they turned down every opportunity to see Brody, he has stopped communicating with them. Meagan's parents have stepped into the grandparent role like champions. They could not love Brody more. And of course he has my sister and her husband. Brody adores all his grandparents.

Here is possibly the most amazing thing of all: Meagan found Brody's birth mother on social media and sent her a private message. In the message Meagan thanked Brody's birth mother for carrying him and giving birth to him. Meagan told her that the only way she could have children is if someone else gave birth and she could adopt. She expressed the most sincere gratitude and said "My uterus was broken, so God found a way to loan me one so I could have a son. Thank you for being God's gift to me."

And now you know the rest of the story.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:48 AM   #52385

Mel, all I could say is WOW!
The world works in the most precious ways. Lessons for all.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #52386

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Another morning of fine mutant musings and sharing. Makes a mutant proud to be a part of this fine and curious group! Heart warming!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #52387

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I am hoping the mild weather continues right on past the possible frost still dates and I can get my maters out early this year...they are growing faster than the weeds at this point in time! Tomorrow and Saturday, Mr. Farmer's almanac says good above ground crop planting days, so Lettuce, peas, carrots,cabbages and chard will all go into the ground. NO camping this weekend... Garden trumps camping...besides that, supposed to rain all day Saturday.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #52388

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
That is so true, Barb. Here is a story you don't know yet about Brody. About a week after he was born, his mother took off. She and my nephew we're not married, although my nephew had asked her many times. She would say yes, but then would always give an excuse to put it off. Nephew finally found out after she left him and Brody that she was not divorced from hubby #1, with whom she had a 2 yr old daughter (who my nephew was helping to raise) and who she has now abandoned (the girl's birth father has full custody now, according to what my nephew has learned - they've talked).

My nephew bucked up and took care of his infant son, refusing help most of the time. He told all of us in the family that he was responsible for bringing Brody into the world and he was going to step up to the plate and be the best daddy he could be. Well, he did an amazing job. But by the time Brody turned 2, his dad was emotionally and physically exhausted.

Raising a baby alone is not easy, and for a young man on his own there are many challenges, (as for a woman). So he began praying for help. And the Universe sent him and Brody a gift from heaven named Meagan. She and my nephew had known each other years earlier, and found each other again. They married when Brody was about 26 months old and Meagan has been Brody's true mommy ever since. They have a bond that is nothing short of amazing. She teaches Brody constantly. Everything is a learning opportunity. She has great wisdom in raising him. And there is the love ... She has deep, unending love for her son. She is the most dedicated mother I've ever known.

One day Brody will really understand what a gift his mommy is to him and what an amazing gift he is to her. When she was 19, she had to have a hysterectomy. Brody is the greatest gift of her life. When Brody was 7 days old, his birth mother abandoned him. Meagan is the greatest gift of Brody's young life. His birth mother gave up all rights to him. Idiot. (I can think of many words ....) And even though my nephew had offered birth mother's parents to have a relationship with Brody, they declined several times. So, since they turned down every opportunity to see Brody, he has stopped communicating with them. Meagan's parents have stepped into the grandparent role like champions. They could not love Brody more. And of course he has my sister and her husband. Brody adores all his grandparents.

Here is possibly the most amazing thing of all: Meagan found Brody's birth mother on social media and sent her a private message. In the message Meagan thanked Brody's birth mother for carrying him and giving birth to him. Meagan told her that the only way she could have children is if someone else gave birth and she could adopt. She expressed the most sincere gratitude and said "My uterus was broken, so God found a way to loan me one so I could have a son. Thank you for being God's gift to me."

And now you know the rest of the story.

He is destined to do great things...... Maybe small, maybe large, but great....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote