Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #52711

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Springtime in Phoenix means lots of pretty flowering plants. This bush across the street is ablaze with blooms. Attachment 122077
There are lots of bougainvillea around Yuma, shedding their dried blossoms to drift around on the breeze and-- across sidewalks, into buildings, onto cars. I think they're pretty, but I'm told some parks don't allow them. They call them "dirty" plants. Go figgah!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #52712

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Hi Muties. Kate and I are just checking in. We are departing on Monday (after closing on our house at 9:00 am) for Weatherford where we will get our Ready Brute Elite tow system installed on Arrow. Then we shall mosey on out to Dead Horse Ranch. We're looking forward to seeing some of youse there!

We are also entertaining the idea of going to Bah Harbah in August. Dave, will they allow our 16 year old coach at the RV Park there?
Congrats on the house sale, and best wishes that all goes well on Monday. What an exciting time -- and how exhausting a time getting there! Will sure miss you at Dead Horse, and all the excitement around your launch.

Hope to see you at Bah Hahbah!!!
Old 03-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #52713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Morning sun rise
Fantastic shot, Dwayne! It's a vicarious thrill, cuz I ain't up that early any more!
Old 03-23-2016, 10:53 PM   #52714

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, went out to Honey to go get the bottle of ant bait out of her, saw something in the toilet... oh ew.... I left pink stuff in the bowl to protect the seals... 2 mice drowned in there... making me wonder what might be under the hood or dog house.....saw no other evidence of mousies where I looked , but was in a hurry... gotta get to w*#k soon... I'll have to do a more thorough inspection tomorrow.
Oh icky! Burial at sea, eh? X-ing fingers there aren't more where those came from!

We seem to have brought along our contingent from home. Field mice seem right at home in this house.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:57 PM   #52715

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
We spent last weekend in the Tri-Cities in Washington (Kennewick, Richland, & Pasco). While geocaching, we came across this sign. Thought you'd enjoy it.

Does that go for Dead ones too? Bit of a struggle. 😕
Old 03-23-2016, 11:10 PM   #52716

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Oh icky! Burial at sea, eh? X-ing fingers there aren't more where those came from!

We seem to have brought along our contingent from home. Field mice seem right at home in this house.
Gotta second ^^^
I guess the Plano meeces were tucked away elsewhere when we left. So far, no inteuders, freeloaders or interlopers. But, the journey IS the destination!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #52717

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Ho Dave and Deb...
The VA Regional Office for VA Home Loans was headquartered in Waco. Never really gave the place much of a look. Dr. Pepper Museum, Texas Rangers Hall of Fame (as in Walker Tx Ranger), a restaurant on the river that may not be there now. And of course that Underwriter I had to kiss to get my first home loan.

Nice job showing mutants some of the beauty Texas mutants love - and some from SD!
Old 03-23-2016, 11:19 PM   #52718

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Fantastic shot, Dwayne! It's a vicarious thrill, cuz I ain't up that early any more!
And been meaning to say Dwayne - it looked a lot different here lol. Don't ya love seeing mutant journey pics! ?
Old 03-23-2016, 11:23 PM   #52719

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Springtime in Phoenix means lots of pretty flowering plants. This bush across the street is ablaze with blooms. Attachment 122077
Barb.. there's an adobe or some kind of wall around a house near here that's covered in one area. Really interesting where you find this beauty somtimes.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:47 PM   #52720

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I almost think I know something, then realize I don't.... You all keep me in the confusion.... Enjoy life! I got to get some sleep.... So will do more figuring tomorrow...
Here's what I'm doing. I am admitting that it's just not my problem. Lol.

Confusion - Curiosity - it's all good.
So whatcha doing in August? Come on up to Maine (or PEI or both.) I've heard it's going to be awesome and there will be lobstah and chowdah. It's a start. No?
Old 03-23-2016, 11:56 PM   #52721

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
She is still sick. But Today is the first day she it staying in bed
Ommms for Shara - pneumonia is a leading cause of not breathing - ranked 15th in doing ya in... not to be taken lightly.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:22 AM   #52722

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ommms to any North Texas (Plano and surrounding) re: hail and wind storm. Yikes.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:27 AM   #52723

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
There are lots of bougainvillea around Yuma, shedding their dried blossoms to drift around on the breeze and-- across sidewalks, into buildings, onto cars. I think they're pretty, but I'm told some parks don't allow them. They call them "dirty" plants. Go figgah!
I can remember Mimosa trees in every yard when I was a kid, but I seldom see them anymore. I'm guessing they have the same reputation since their flowers and seed pods leave yards littered with biological trash. I miss them.

The dessert is much less bleak and harsh because of the Bougainvillea. I hope it doesn't disappear, too. There is a price for beauty that some are willing to pay.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:47 AM   #52724

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ommms to any North Texas (Plano and surrounding) re: hail and wind storm. Yikes.
Hmm, there is something familiar about hail and wind in the Spring. I'm thinking I'm glad not to be there now. One report estimated $600 million in damages from a previous storm in the DFW area. No wonder our insurance rates keep getting higher. Sure glad I no longer have a S&B in tornado alley.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote