Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #54433

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And that's all the news that's fit to flush from Sam I am, uh, I mean RVM123. Sam, I think you have a future in public broadcasting. Keep up the good work.

LOL, he also hauled away some political promises......
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #54434

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The tech says Flagstaff wiped everything out. So while it was easy to go in and set the Rear End Ratio and the Tire RPMS per minute, Enable the retarder that was disabled, enable the Cruise Comtrol, apparently there are lots of other things that are just gone. I really can't explain it, but I see lots of items on the print out that aren't "exploded" that I suppose have parameter options that were there and not now and unknown. Or maybe it's just smoke up my tailpipe.
Isn't there a way that you, the owner, or they, the shop, can make a backup copy of the parameters before work is started on a computer driven engine like Bonita's? I'm assuming there's a file somewhere in her brain that can be accessed. Or am I assuming too much?

What isn't run by computers these days? I know Smarty is! I disconnect the battery for towing and she must go thru a relearning process when I reconnect the battery before she will start. I can hear all sorts of clicking coming from the engine area while she is rebooting.

Smarty sends Mohms to Bonita!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #54435

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
LOL, he also hauled away some political promises......
Sounds about like all the political promises.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #54436

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I guess that's the point I was trying to make - it's not an easily repeatable process and that's the really sucky part. There are a lot of people to blame on that one.
If not mistaken - and I may well be, it's possible that the same engine can be setup as a 275, 300, 325, etc HP, the same tranny can be set to different shift speeds, etc etc. And all of these are interdependent and designed to "talk" to each other... So you would think that it would be first priority to have all that in a file and have it nailed down somewhere... I suppose the thought process is... nobody would wipe it out completley.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:36 PM   #54437

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
If not mistaken - and I may well be, it's possible that the same engine can be setup as a 275, 300, 325, etc HP, the same tranny can be set to different shift speeds, etc etc. And all of these are interdependent and designed to "talk" to each other... So you would think that it would be first priority to have all that in a file and have it nailed down somewhere... I suppose the thought process is... nobody would wipe it out completley.
Ok Steve I've held back so all these techies could talk way over most of our heads and contemplated various theories on how and why and how come. I've finally decided to help. What you need to do is unplug your computer, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in!

Simple!

If that dosnt work seek help.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #54438

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok Steve I've held back so all these techies could talk way over most of our heads and contemplated various theories on how and why and how come. I've finally decided to help. What you need to do is unplug your computer, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in!

Simple!

Hey... I've heard that before... and variations on a theme... lol.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #54439

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve,
Every once in a while I get the urge to look at a diesel pusher and then reality hits and I just nod and say hmmm, maybe I won't. I feel for you and Annie buddy. This episode has to be worth a chapter or two in MARLG.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #54440

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Steve,
Every once in a while I get the urge to look at a diesel pusher and then reality hits and I just nod and say hmmm, maybe I won't. I feel for you and Annie buddy. This episode has to be worth a chapter or two in MARLG.
Dennis, I am as sold today on a DP as ever. I can't find anything to fault with the coach, Allison 6, or the engine performance. I can however point to individuals who should never be allowed near one. The problem is, they don't have an X on their forehead.

I suspect if you owned one, you would love it and never have this happen to you. I don't belive it is a common issue, but knew that it can happen. I am disappointed that it can't be resolved more quickly. Again perhaps some smoke up my tail pipe, but I do expect full recovery and many miles of service.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:53 PM   #54441
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Thats cool.... He is the one who was so helpful to you wasnt he? Congrats to him....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Yes, he's the one! Thanks, Di!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #54442
MPH

Quote:
Bonita having brain surgery - the surgeon had to take a break - came and gave me an update.

He says he and the shop foreman will be on it in in the morning. Still thinks 2 more hours minimum. I can't fathom it. But gotta roll with it.
I'm having deja vu ....
Old 05-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #54443

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I'm having deja vu ....
Oh no you're not...
Old 05-11-2016, 11:09 PM   #54444
MPH

Quote:
Oh no you're not...
You're right. I'm not. I'm gaga over our Tiffin.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:14 PM   #54445

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
You're right. I'm not. I'm gaga over our Tiffin.
Prove it by editing your profile...
Old 05-12-2016, 06:40 AM   #54446

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Simple!

First, our profound sympathies for all the delays & frustrations... I hope Annie can get compensation & some flesh once all is said and done...

Next, I have got to admire Tim's suggestion. This is a true Arkansas solution.

Finally, I have to admire your ability to "roll with the flow"...

Hope to see you soon..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote