Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #54643

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
no worries your roundness! I knew but was too busy to reply... whatever you do - do not - I repeat - do not take Citrus to Albuquerque FL... never ever, ever, ever...
I think you should update RV Service Reviews since the last review for Albuquerque FL was in 2012 and the reviewer said it was Excellent!!! I always consult that site before bringing my coach someplace. Let others know who may not be reading this.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #54644

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I think you should update RV Service Reviews since the last review for Albuquerque FL was in 2012 and the reviewer said it was Excellent!!! I always consult that site before bringing my coach someplace. Let others know who may not be reading this.
I have been on the site and it is I suppose - due to people like me - worthless and full of old info. I have never seen a place I was considering with current reviews. Including - you guessed it.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #54645

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I have been on the site and it is I suppose - due to people like me - worthless and full of old info. I have never seen a place I was considering with current reviews. Including - you guessed it.
Well, I'll just quote one of my fav's on this forum:

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.

I know places I've been are current and one of the one's Wayne suggested also is current.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #54646

Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb, does this ring any bells with you? That's PVC pipe taped to said trouble maker's horns... kids spent a couple hours trying to get it unstuck... and it goes back and does it again... so they 'made the horns larger' so it can't stick it's head through. This goat'sa mommy is the pregnant dil... she doesn't need to be fighting a goat all summer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463457914452.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	127234   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463457928808.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	127235  

Old 05-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #54647

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Barb, does this ring any bells with you? That's PVC pipe taped to said trouble maker's horns... kids spent a couple hours trying to get it unstuck... and it goes back and does it again... so they 'made the horns larger' so it can't stick it's head through. This goat'sa mommy is the pregnant dil... she doesn't need to be fighting a goat all summer...
Horns of a delima...
Old 05-16-2016, 11:57 PM   #54648

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
On the subject of buying a new vs used RV -- I bought new because I needed the security of a full warranty. I knew nothing about a motorhome when I decided that I wanted to retire into one. I picked up our home on March 14, 2011 and struck out on this great adventure May 18, 2011.

I'm aware that my simple unit is only about 1/3 as complex as a DP, but the only thing that could have been covered under the warranty is a microwave door that doesn't pop open. I just got used to using 2 hands to open it. And! Sena can't get inside.

If I had known more about how RVs are made I probably would have invested in a higher quality unit at the beginning. It's not been a bad ride. I've had to replace the cooling unit in my Dometic frig and the converter died on me. Other than the rooftop stuff damaged by hail at GC1.2, all my other RV purchases have been either minor or wants, not needs.

I opted out of buying an extended warranty and am I ever glad I did. It would have been wasted money. I do carry Coach-Net roadside assistance. They cover my stupidity -- locking myself out and almost backing over a cliff.

I can thank Dwayne, Possum, Handy Bob and numerous others friends for helping me do repairs and teaching me how to fix things myself. Camping World ain't gonna charge me $110/hour to have a $20/hour kid work on my home.

I get my oil changed at Jiffy Lube for less than $70 every 5,000 miles and Michelin was kind enough to recall my original tires so I have another 3.5 years before I need to worry about replacing the full set.

I never made a lot of money so I never hired an investment counselor. I am thankful that my father did invest wisely and left me a small nest egg. He taught me not to spend money I didn't have. I paid cash for my RV and toad from the little money I saved during my 40 years of employment. I'm proudly debt free other than what I've charged this month on 2 rewards based credit cards that get paid off every month.

So what's my point? You don't have to be wealthy or have saved a ton of money to become a full time RV traveler. You just need to scale your wants to your means and spend wisely along the journey. After all -- The Journey IS the Destination.
Barb, you are a peach and we all love you for being you. Don and I had a great time working together to get the awning fixed for you. I think we enjoyed the work as much as you appreciate it. See you in a few months over to your side of the line below Victoria. Happy Birthday Buddy.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #54649

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dwayne, Denise and I send love and many many ohmms to Shara's mom, Shara and yourself. If you need to chat I can be reached on my cell. 250-720-1805.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:13 AM   #54650

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hello:

Anybody with experience with Crain RV or Ancira RV? We're getting good price quotes, but no experience with either. One is in Little Rock, the other in Boehne Texas. Good, bad, or neutral?

Thanks!
We bought our 5er from Crain RV. We felt we were treated right. Outside of the PDI we never had any real issues that weren't taken care of. Back then we thought all RV dealers were like that. They just had a big rally for their customers over at Catherine's Landing (home of first ever GC) and several campers in park we are hosting in drove over for the day. All spoke good of there overall experience with Crain. In fact one man is camping in a new loaner while his is having repairs done. First time I ever heard of a dealer doing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Marty does the goats have names? I have a suggestion for that old gray goat, even a theme song for him!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:47 AM   #54651

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning mutants!
We're awake early today for some reason. Turned in early last night. Slept great and it sure was good to be home again.

So here's a truth. When we were vacationers, we never missed the S&B. While on the road we never thought about going "home", and when we got there we couldn't wait to get on the road again. We missed Bonita every second we were away from her. Oh the humanity! So glad to have her back!!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:54 AM   #54652

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Good morning mutants!
We're awake early today for some reason. Turned in early last night. Slept great and it sure was good to be home again.

So here's a truth. When we were vacationers, we never missed the S&B. While on the road we never thought about going "home", and when we got there we couldn't wait to get on the road again. We missed Bonita every second we were away from her. Oh the humanity! So glad to have her back!!
You are early! Why you're in another time zone and it's early for me!!!

Funny that I feel the same way about my nameless coach. I even sleep in it while at the S&B!!! When it sits in FL and I'm not there, the heebeejeebees start to set in and all I can think about is being re-united. Funny how that is. Or am I mutating too soon???
Old 05-17-2016, 07:04 AM   #54653

Quote:
Good morning mutants!

Marcia and I get those same feelings when we don't have Beaver around so we can sleep in our own bed ...

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:05 AM   #54654

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
You are early! Why you're in another time zone and it's early for me!!!

Funny that I feel the same way about my nameless coach. I even sleep in it while at the S&B!!! When it sits in FL and I'm not there, the heebeejeebees start to set in and all I can think about is being re-united. Funny how that is. Or am I mutating too soon???
Is it even possible to mutate too soon? I will need to consult the ancient scrolls...
Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #54655

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
High fives all around to you both, I must say you displayed a lot more patience than me with you battle with F/l. Especially the expert receptionist.
Pat and I were at the s&b for 2 months, first night out on this trip we both said this feels like home. Hit a Flying J yesterday...ahh, nothing like the smell of diesel in the morning.
Thoughts and prayers to all that need them, no names but having gone through a long last lap with my dad, I feel for you, it's so very hard.
Martin how's your pregnant goat? Was this planned or is she just a loose moraled floozy bringing shame to the rest of the herd?
Be safe

Barry and Pat, RVM114
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #54656

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
X2 Steve
A hearty OH YEAH, Billy and Kris!
Welcome to RVMdom, we all hope to meet you out on the Rainbow.
Has Tim trained you on the identity of and defensive maneuvers needed in case of the famous Arkie Jumping Trees?

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

Greetings and welcome Billy and Kris. Do you enjoy margaritas for breakfast?

Barry and Pat, RVM114
TGA2016 is offline   Reply With Quote