Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #54727

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sorry I missed this this first time around... Ommms to all.

I had a good friend when I was at University of Abq from Corrales... Gonzales family. Had em some cows and such. Great folks.

Steve,
Thanks.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #54728

Carolina Campers
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Everyone please pray for Shara and her mother. Her mother passed about one hour ago. We love y'all

It is truer now than at any previous age of our life, we find ourself facing this eventuality too often. It is so nice to have our friends here to provide condolences and comfort to those that are living with the pain of loss...

We give our best thoughts and best vibes to those that morn at this time... Again, Ommms to all that are in need at this time...
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:37 PM   #54729

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Thanks, I guess that will be my next suggestion if they have the problem reoccur...That or maybe cut the horns down to where she can get herself out, although, I don't know enough about goats to know if by the time they are mature if that would be painful....
Try 2" PVC pipe. It bends very little. Attach with metal pipe clamps instead of duct tape. There is great satisfaction to outsmarting onery critters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #54730

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the congrats today and I see we can't get anything past Barb! But in fact we were 16 when we started dating!

Big night out tonight to celebrate, ate till we were stuffed, then like a true romantic we went to Atwoods Farm Store to walk it off. Tomorrow we wrap up hosting and move to a regular campsite. Move from problem solver to trouble maker.

Ha Di we can get you a bottle of some of this Hot Springs miracle water from the downtown fountain! That should clear that stone right up!
Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 PM   #54731

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Everyone please pray for Shara and her mother. Her mother passed about one hour ago. We love y'all
Thoughts and prayers for Shara's Mom, Shara and you Dwayne.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:55 PM   #54732

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
My DMIL is having some real health issues, so we will most likely need to head to Corrales soon anyway... So we can take our own pics...
Thoughts and prayers for you DMIL, wife and you Ted.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:56 PM   #54733

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Try 2" PVC pipe. It bends very little. Attach with metal pipe clamps instead of duct tape. There is great satisfaction to outsmarting onery critters.
Good call! I read up a bit about goat horns, seems they have bone in the middle so if you are going to de horn them, you have to do it when they are babies otherwise, it cuts through bone... ouch. I'll tell them to try the 2 inch and pipe clamps if the duct tape fails.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:24 PM   #54734

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Dwayne,

Our hearts are crying for you and Shara. It is so good that you were able to bring them together for the final days and this will eventually be a good memory for you and Shara and family. You know we love you guys as our own, so your aches are ours too.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:27 PM   #54735

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
My DMIL is having some real health issues, so we will most likely need to head to Corrales
We send ohmms and good wishes to your family from ours.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:50 AM   #54736

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
We have those days blocked off on our calendar. Should work just fine unless the creek rises. Thanx for taking command on this GC.

We plan on Florida for next winter. We need to know about possible storage facilities in southern Georgia or northern Florida for November 9 to December 28 or 29. Anyone know of a spot for a 40 footer??
We were just in Jacksonville a month ago. There were many storage facilities. You may want to try a RV park. They are usually cheaper and you would have less chance of theft or vandalism.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #54737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We were just in Jacksonville a month ago. There were many storage facilities. You may want to try a RV park. They are usually cheaper and you would have less chance of theft or vandalism.
Thanx Dave. I have my eyes on a RV park near Perry, GA. Should be far enough south to avoid most deep freezes in November and December.

Anyone one else want to weigh in on a suitable storage space for our 40" MH for mid November to late December in south Georgia or northern Florida?
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #54738

Also healing ohms and prayers of peace to those in need. It's only right that mutants let other mutants know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

My deceased SIL's step father is on life support in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Years ago he battled throat and face cancer with recontructive surgery etc. A fine man facing his final journey.

My 16 yo DGD and 11 yo DGS have finished their musical "Bridge to Terabithia" It was excellent. DGD is the primary makeup artist for next week's "Shrek" musical (another theatre group sought her out to give them some help).

13 yo DGS and 9 yo DGS are "neck deep" in baseball. 6 yo DGS is busy being a cute 6 yo.

Mary Ann and I are hosting a pinochle party this weekend. Thirteen old friends from Michigan and Indiana (most are Dow Chemical retirees) are coming to my DD's house for food, fun, and nonstop chitchat. I'm always the chef for this annual gathering.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #54739
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
My sincerest condolences to you both. My thoughts are with you.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #54740
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Thanx Dave. I have my eyes on a RV park near Perry, GA. Should be far enough south to avoid most deep freezes in November and December.

Anyone one else want to weigh in on a suitable storage space for our 40" MH for mid November to late December in south Georgia or northern Florida?
Hi Steve. My sister lives in S.GA near Valdosta; I will ask her if she knows of any place. Are you looking for a storage facility or an RV park to leave it hooked up?