Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #55931

Uncle Jim owned a repair shop. There was a sign on the wall:
Need tools? We can loan them to you. Mrs Waite managed all tool rentals.
Helen will require re-payment in full plus a damage/loss deposit.
If you need to borrow tools, please go to Helen Waite

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 09:09 AM   #55932
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You got it! Let us know how it goes. That's one we've not experienced.... yet, and can live without!

Edit. Forgot to ask... do you have an ESP...
Yes, GS ESP and it has been real good when in the shop. This is Mobile Repair and they will do a claim but I will have to submit it and see if GS will reimburse me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Ohhmmmsss for a quick affordable repair
Thanks.

Quote:
Thanks Jeff.
I had to make calls yesterday to Tricare. If your outside you Tricare region for 30 days or more, you have to change address to the region you're in. Or your claim is denied. Ask me how I know. Got it changed and everything is good. SD is the West region. IL is North region.
I'm sure glad I'm on the USFHP Tri Care For Life plan. We can go to any Urgent Care facility and it is taken care of. I really wonder why there is a difference. USFHP is contracted with Tri Care and I guess that is the difference. I don't think they cover all of the States, just certain regions.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:41 AM   #55933

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Yes, GS ESP and it has been real good when in the shop. This is Mobile Repair and they will do a claim but I will have to submit it and see if GS will reimburse me.

Thanks.

I'm sure glad I'm on the USFHP Tri Care For Life plan. We can go to any Urgent Care facility and it is taken care of. I really wonder why there is a difference. USFHP is contracted with Tri Care and I guess that is the difference. I don't think they cover all of the States, just certain regions.
Wayne. I think your Mobil guy is doing ya wrong. I've had several things done by Mobil service providers in Tx, Az, Nv, and elsewhere and they all went through the ESP process and I paid only the deductible.

And personally - I'm glad I'm on Tricare Standard and not Tricare for Life like you. Cause your on the Tricare Medicare wrap, which means - you're old... and I'm not.

Important to note - I saw the doctors here in IL - no copay or out of pocket. I don't need preapproval for any doctor or referral. The issue with regions is that they have apparently contracted with different providers. In the West it's United Health Care. In the North it was someone different which placed the doctors here "out of network". I now know the drill and am happy to play their game. They kept my SD residence for mail and where I "live" - just changed my location. It should be something they handle themselves with technology but they don't.

I have no premium. So how can I complain?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466178083263.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	130453  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:49 AM   #55934
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, I'm old(er) but we also do not have any co-pay anywhere we go. I don't deal with Medicare, only USFHP are the ones that handle everything. Medicare may be our (Earlene is old(er) also.) primary but we never use the Medicare card, only the USFHP card.

Anyhow, they are both good systems, Standard and For Life and each has a little different set of rules. As the saying goes, it is what it is and then it is what you make of it.
=========

I have had other mobile work done and some had ESP, some did not, and some stated to get reimbursed. Different for different mobile repair services I guess. Now I have another concern. The shipment is only 10.8 pounds and that seems to be considerably less than I would expect a motor and gear box to be. It may be that they only shipped the motor but with the gears stripped I may have to wait a few more days for other parts. The service men stated that they asked for the whole gear box assembly to be shipped, but who knows. The other problem is getting this place to understand that I cannot move.

If it were just the motor the slide could be manual retracted but wth the gears stripped I could crank all day long and it is not going to move. It was like pulling teeth to get them to agree to let me stay here an extra 2 days.

Sometimes things just go the wrong way. I'll just have to wait for the part to come in.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #55935

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Uncle Jim owned a repair shop. There was a sign on the wall:
Need tools? We can loan them to you. Mrs Waite managed all tool rentals.
Helen will require re-payment in full plus a damage/loss deposit.
If you need to borrow tools, please go to Helen Waite

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
O'Reilly's Auto Parts does this as well, but I bet Mrs Waite is more fun. I have borrowed tools several times. Sure makes me loyal when I need parts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #55936

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Yep, I'm old(er) but we also do not have any co-pay anywhere we go. I don't deal with Medicare, only USFHP are the ones that handle everything. Medicare may be our (Earlene is old(er) also.) primary but we never use the Medicare card, only the USFHP card.

Anyhow, they are both good systems, Standard and For Life and each has a little different set of rules. As the saying goes, it is what it is and then it is what you make of it.
=========

I have had other mobile work done and some had ESP, some did not, and some stated to get reimbursed. Different for different mobile repair services I guess. Now I have another concern. The shipment is only 10.8 pounds and that seems to be considerably less than I would expect a motor and gear box to be. It may be that they only shipped the motor but with the gears stripped I may have to wait a few more days for other parts. The service men stated that they asked for the whole gear box assembly to be shipped, but who knows. The other problem is getting this place to understand that I cannot move.

If it were just the motor the slide could be manual retracted but wth the gears stripped I could crank all day long and it is not going to move. It was like pulling teeth to get them to agree to let me stay here an extra 2 days.

Sometimes things just go the wrong way. I'll just have to wait for the part to come in.
Just yanking your chain on Tricare... it's been my secondary for years (since Champus). The two programs are very similar.

As for the Mobil service - I wonder if GS could have recommended someone who worked with them?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #55937
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Woot woot! Just got a call from the mobile tech and the part is in - all of it. They will be here by noon to get started on it.

Yep! Military medical for other than Active Duty was the Public Health System that we used back in the 60's. Had to use it for the kids when we were on leave (vacation for you non-informed) in the Galveston area.

We have been with USFHP since 1984.

p.s., Problem is being on a military base. The mobile service I wanted would not come aboard the base because of the hassle. I assured them that I would be with them and lead them in but they still would not come to the base. So be it.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:44 AM   #55938

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Great news Wayne!
Get pics of the change out... if you can.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:25 PM   #55939

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad everything is starting to go your way Wayne.

Say Hi to your wife for us.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #55940

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve old fox.

There's no "co-pay" required when you get yer nose broke in a bar room brawl.

Say Hi to Annie for us.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:28 PM   #55941
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Great news Wayne!
Get pics of the change out... if you can.
It's a 10" square opening that they have to work through and I'm not sure I can get a camera close by, but hey - we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Glad everything is starting to go your way Wayne.

Say Hi to your wife for us.
Do I have to?
Old 06-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #55942

Monaco Owners Club
If you are one of the mutants coming to Fredericksburg please message me your space number; arrival date and departure date too. Please include the name your reservation is in under too.

Once again there seems to be discrepancies on who is part of the Rally. So I am going to make a list of everyone on my side and the space your in and keep track of it that way.

Sorry and thank you!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #55943
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
If you are one of the mutants coming to Fredericksburg please message me your space number; arrival date and departure date too. Please include the name your reservation is in under too.

Once again there seems to be discrepancies on who is part of the Rally. So I am going to make a list of everyone on my side and the space your in and keep track of it that way.

Sorry and thank you!
Site A12 and don't you forget it!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #55944
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Woot woot wooooot!

Slide motor replaced - working.