Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2016, 11:39 PM   #57457
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
It was connected to the kiddy park then as well..... But yes..... I know.... Smile...

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Di, Tim needs to start practicing at the kiddee parks. Those GK's of his will start wearing him out in a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
There are some great places to visit in that area. The floral clock and Brock's monument
are musts sees Brock's Monument as is the Whirlpool Aero Car. Whirlpool Aero Car
Yeah Mel, that's the one.

Also there is a walk way down to the river and then you can walk long with the rushing currents. The force of that river is amazing. It is so understandable why not many survive if the fall in. Not the falls as that is a given, but the raging river itself.

White Water Walk
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 05:48 AM   #57458

Fleetwood Owners Club
Possum what kind of third world country you got here?

Went to store last night and they don't carry Bacon, Sausage or Biscuits! I may starve!
Old 07-24-2016, 06:02 AM   #57459
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Mel I don't know why your quoted post didn't appear but we are at Campark RV. Just got here but it looks ok. We got pull thru site and I'm glad cause this place is full and happening! Looks like a mutant rally, except most of these have teeth! JK it really looks fine, will let you know as time goes by!

Crossing at Detroit was peace of cake on Saturday morning, some construction delays once in CA made us feel right at home. Y'all catch up and we'll do Montreal and PEI together!

Di I tryed to get reservation at Waldorfs but they seem to be connected to a kids park now and pulling up their websit takes you to the amusement park site. Of course you know how techy I am so I moved on after a few tries!

Ok you mutants be honest, am I starting to pick up a Canadian accent, Eh!?
(Almost want to laugh cause I've already ran in to several that start and end a sentence with Ah, Eh or any derivations! )
Nice to laugh first thing in the morning! (Looks like a Mutant Rally, except ....)

Is Campark RV close to Niagra on the Lake? We can't meet y'all in Montreal or PEI cos we're going to spend several weeks near my sons in MI.

Update: My older son, Michael, 33, has been dating a woman for several months now and we're eager to meet her! She is a year younger than he and is a director at a CBS affiliate in one of the cities in MI. Some of you may remember that last year his wife of 5 years decided she didn't want to be married. He was devastated. But now after a very good year at his new job, he is doing great and dating someone who seems to be very special!

Di, how long ago did y'all stay at King Waldorf's? I like the idea of a shuttle. We have our passports, so we really want to stay in Canada for a week or two. Sorry we can't make it to PEI, but there is just no way....

One question about currency ...
Do we need to exchange US for Canadian dollars before we cross the border?

Kate says "Hi everyone!"

It seems I''m pretty much over the upper resp infection, so we're heading to Sue and Martin's today! Need to text Sue ....
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #57460
MPH

Quote:
There are some great places to visit in that area. The floral clock and Brock's monument
are musts sees Brock's Monument as is the Whirlpool Aero Car. Whirlpool Aero Car
Sounds great! Thanks for the tips.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #57461
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Marineland Canada - Camping

Here is their website
Great! Thanks for this tip, too.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:54 AM   #57462

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Nice to laugh first thing in the morning! (Looks like a Mutant Rally, except ....)

Is Campark RV close to Niagra on the Lake? We can't meet y'all in Montreal or PEI cos we're going to spend several weeks near my sons in MI.

Update: My older son, Michael, 33, has been dating a woman for several months now and we're eager to meet her! She is a year younger than he and is a director at a CBS affiliate in one of the cities in MI. Some of you may remember that last year his wife of 5 years decided she didn't want to be married. He was devastated. But now after a very good year at his new job, he is doing great and dating someone who seems to be very special!

Di, how long ago did y'all stay at King Waldorf's? I like the idea of a shuttle. We have our passports, so we really want to stay in Canada for a week or two. Sorry we can't make it to PEI, but there is just no way....

One question about currency ...
Do we need to exchange US for Canadian dollars before we cross the border?

Kate says "Hi everyone!"

It seems I''m pretty much over the upper resp infection, so we're heading to Sue and Martin's today! Need to text Sue ....

Take US dollars, might give you change back in canadian currency.
So glad son is doing better.... So you will be in MI when? We are going to find the Mississippi River source in August, then circle back through Wisconsin and Michigan..... Paths might cross....
Hoping to maybe stop by and see Marty on way up, then meet Ken in MN.... But dates arent quite set,

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #57463

Fleetwood Owners Club
There is a shuttle at most of the camps. Downgrading my opinion of Campark to can get by with. S l o w wifi, lots of kids! Might be better after school starts up. We use charge card for everything. You get the best exchange rate and don't wind up with left over money. Just pay your bill and no interest! Plus points back!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:17 AM   #57464

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
WOW...been a busy week on our Lewis & Clark caravan. 5 nights in St. Charles, MO and now on night 2 of 5 in Platte City, Mo. Marty reminded us that we are close to her since we are just north of KC. Anyone else in the area?

I'm talking with Marty right now about doing a lunch or dinner today.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #57465

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Make mountains ring!

https://youtu.be/53XyCbIJGKY
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #57466

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Went to store last night and they don't carry Bacon, Sausage or Biscuits! I may starve!
The Ontario LCBO* stores only carry Booze your silliness.

If you want basic necessities like you're looking for you have to go to a grocery store. In Kanukistan the two are not synonymous.

LCBO = Booze
Dominion, Safeway etc = Food Stuffs.

*Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #57467

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I thought you GC attendees in new England may enjoy visiting this place
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #57468

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I thought you GC attendees in new England may enjoy visiting this place
Geesh Dennis. I'm going to have a difficult enough time with the pics and stories of mutantnanigans and lobstah from the ones that are there... I call piling on! Oh the humanity!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:17 PM   #57469

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unhappy Accident has taken us off the road - for now

Whew, we are uninjured and so was everyone else in the neighborhood. The coach "got loose" in a parking lot and damaged a bunch of cars and shortened itself up from 36' to 35 (34 on the right side). The shop claims they can restore it as good as new. I sure hope the next owner appreciates that. We are getting ready to order a Tiffin built to our requirements which I expect will take 12 weeks.

Not posting pictures, just hurts too much to even look.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #57470

Quote:

WHAT?? Did they see you coming & hide all the good stuff??

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote