Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2016, 10:08 PM   #57779

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It seems more often lately that it's a matter of who to vote against rather than who to vote for -- lesser of the 2 evils. And that's all I have to say about politics.
I was a bit shocked when Bob came home tonight and said... 'I don't know if it was worth the trouble today'... as an explanation, our roundabout has 2 legs closed, our road, and the next one closest for us, so we are rumbling about on dirt roads, so many of which don't go through due to the railroad tracks and creek that winds through, and we have done some turning around and backtracking since we don't want to drive 4 miles out of our way into town to get on the highway to get where we are trying to go to... although we may have already backtracked that far in the few times we have tried a few routes...LOL. We'll get it figured out. Just a bump in the dirt road.... but there was only 1 contested race on our ballot...as Kansas only does a Democrat ballot or Republican ballot according to how you are registered, and if you want to vote in November as an independent, you don't get a say in the primaries...so most folks will register one or the other, Mostly to cheer on the local city and county folks who are running for local offices, but no knows how we are going to fill out the Nov. Ballots! Those will have everyone who won in primaries, and the 3rd parties on them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #57780

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, good morning sleepyhead Mutants!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #57781
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[COLOR=Blue]
Did you tell them you wanted the one that takes upright pictures?
We can only hope ...
😂
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #57782

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave has used up most of his data with this pic installment of Cabot Beach Park and local sites.

And not 1 pic of a lobstah! Lol.

I sure wish we were with there to mutate with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234569829.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	134818   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234579820.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	134819  

Name:	1470234594467.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	134820   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234615487.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	134821  

Name:	1470234624887.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	134822   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470234638267.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	134823  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #57783

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What are we doing up so dang early? Our mighty protector, Lily, heard a noise and decided to warn us LOUDLY!! See y'all later at a decent hour.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #57784

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
Thank you so much Martin, your info has us thinking seriously,although 12 hours is not for timid. As we keep saying though ' we're only doing this once so let's do it right'
Are you guys moving yet or are you still at home? We're in Salt Lake City now, very interesting, especially the genealogy research.
Stay safe
Best to you both
B&P
C'mon Barry, you and Pat are a lot younger than Sue and I were when we went on that trip. Go to bed early the night before - you won't regret it! We are prepping the coach and heading out tomorrow.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #57785

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Continues to rain here in central TN. Storm rolled in this afternoon, preceded by high winds. Sure glad I had my awning in. It was kind of fun watching other people running around trying to get their awnings rolled up in a driving rain

Not that I have ever had to do that. Learned the hard way after loosing 3 awnings over the years. Tend to be a slow learner

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #57786

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well the mutants have sure been quiet lately. Hopefully all are safe, happy and mutating.

Jake - I have a wind sensor on mine, but don't trust it... lol. So I guess that's something else I wouldn't miss having!
Old 08-03-2016, 04:17 PM   #57787

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well the mutants have sure been quiet lately. Hopefully all are safe, happy and mutating.

Jake - I have a wind sensor on mine, but don't trust it... lol. So I guess that's something else I wouldn't miss having!
Fancy schmancy, what will they think of next

I know they make them, just have never felt the need. Nor have I ever owned a rig fancy enough to have one. I watch the weather and don't leave it down if I'm leaving for the day.

Guess it's like you have drilled in us mutants, don't have it, don't miss it

Jake
Old 08-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #57788

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
So what's the word? Didja pick 'er up yet? See ya in ME.
Yeaaa, it's back in its resting spot! They did a really bang up job on the repairs, totally impressed. I had them touch up a couple of boo-boo's in that front area (one caused by me when I was being "assisted" in parking) and they even got rid of all the little dings from rocks along the front bottom panel.

At first I thought I had an issue with the steps but they wound up unplugging them underneath so they could paint along the panels in that area. Put the plug back in and stairs started working again.

It all looks sweet and can't wait to be on my way to Lobstah Town next Friday evening!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0304.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	134847   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	134848  

bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:46 PM   #57789

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:

When I'm at home, I tie the two ends of the awning main bar down with rope. Stays really stable that way. Don't worry about winds unless they really go up there (30+mph). That doesn't happen around here without warning.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #57790

Quote:

!

We are quietly mutating N.E. Towards NewBrunswick, ETA in the near future.. Enjoying the Journey...

Richard & Ann, RVM # 110, Have a Spoiled Chihuahua, Home in Arkansas, Love to geocache, travel (Class B ERA) & enjoy grandkids..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #57791

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
12 ways to make new friends

Stumbled on this a I was perusing the web

1. Arm your car alarm just in case someone tries to break into it or steal it while you're sleeping next to it. Or in case some animal accidentally bumps it, or a gust of wind buffets it exactly right, or something else that's not a car thief causes it to go off at 3 in the morning.

2. Grab a beer and head over to the neighboring campsite to chat with your new friends about politics. If they don't want to talk about politics, try changing the subject to religion. If they don't want to talk about politics or religion, try to find something else to disagree with them about.

3. If your dog is very vocal, territorial, or nervous, and likes to bark throughout the night for those or other reasons, bring him or her along. If you don't have a dog, just bark on your own between midnight and 5 a.m.–most people can't tell the difference between a dog bark and a human bark that early in the morning.

4. If you leave your campsite to go hiking, fishing, or exploring during the day, leave some snacks out on a picnic table for our animal friends. Squirrels and birds love to chew through wrappers and bags, so snack mix, potato chips, or crackers are always a good choice. If you're in an area where bears are known to congregate, a plate of salmon or other fish is always a nice gesture. Try placing the fish on the dashboard of your car and leaving a window cracked for the bears.

5. Arrive at the campground at 11 p.m. or later. Take a couple laps around the campground searching for the perfect remaining campsite. Use your high-beam headlights to most effectively inspect the campsites from your moving car.

6. After you've found the perfect campsite, set up your stuff, start a campfire, and start drinking with your friends. Sit far enough away from each other that you have to project your voice.

7. Enjoy your campfire and conversation until 2 a.m. or 3 a.m.

8. As you set up your campsite after 11 p.m., make sure to open and close your car doors every time you get another item out of your car. Make sure you slam the door shut–you want to be sure it's closed.

9. Don't be afraid to use your gas-powered generator between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. if you need to. If it's too loud for you to sleep, bring a long extension cord so you can put it a ways from your RV.

10. Play some music on a stereo. You like your music, so everyone else probably will, too.

11. Take some wet wood to burn in your campfire, to maximize smoke coverage of the entire campground.

12. Help yourself to your neighbor's cooler of beer, preferably in the middle of your conversation/diatribe about politics or religion. Tell them you will pay them back, even if you have no beer at your campsite.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:38 PM   #57792

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
Stumbled on this a I was perusing the web

1. Arm your car alarm just in case someone tries to break into it or steal it while you're sleeping next to it. Or in case some animal accidentally bumps it, or a gust of wind buffets it exactly right, or something else that's not a car thief causes it to go off at 3 in the morning.

2. Grab a beer and head over to the neighboring campsite to chat with your new friends about politics. If they don't want to talk about politics, try changing the subject to religion. If they don't want to talk about politics or religion, try to find something else to disagree with them about.

3. If your dog is very vocal, territorial, or nervous, and likes to bark throughout the night for those or other reasons, bring him or her along. If you don't have a dog, just bark on your own between midnight and 5 a.m.–most people can't tell the difference between a dog bark and a human bark that early in the morning.

4. If you leave your campsite to go hiking, fishing, or exploring during the day, leave some snacks out on a picnic table for our animal friends. Squirrels and birds love to chew through wrappers and bags, so snack mix, potato chips, or crackers are always a good choice. If you're in an area where bears are known to congregate, a plate of salmon or other fish is always a nice gesture. Try placing the fish on the dashboard of your car and leaving a window cracked for the bears.

5. Arrive at the campground at 11 p.m. or later. Take a couple laps around the campground searching for the perfect remaining campsite. Use your high-beam headlights to most effectively inspect the campsites from your moving car.

6. After you've found the perfect campsite, set up your stuff, start a campfire, and start drinking with your friends. Sit far enough away from each other that you have to project your voice.

7. Enjoy your campfire and conversation until 2 a.m. or 3 a.m.

8. As you set up your campsite after 11 p.m., make sure to open and close your car doors every time you get another item out of your car. Make sure you slam the door shut–you want to be sure it's closed.

9. Don't be afraid to use your gas-powered generator between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. if you need to. If it's too loud for you to sleep, bring a long extension cord so you can put it a ways from your RV.

10. Play some music on a stereo. You like your music, so everyone else probably will, too.

11. Take some wet wood to burn in your campfire, to maximize smoke coverage of the entire campground.

12. Help yourself to your neighbor's cooler of beer, preferably in the middle of your conversation/diatribe about politics or religion. Tell them you will pay them back, even if you have no beer at your campsite.
I wish I'd written that. I knew all the words! There is much wisdom right there.