Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #57821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Hi James...... Welcome...
Ida is south of Drasco.....
Lol son in Batesville is a surgeon, works in Mt View occasionally... In fact i was up there yesterday.....
If you are ever up that way and need a surgeon, Dr Yarnell.......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Indeed it is. I miss living back there. But I drive over almost every weekend.

I'll remember that. I also have a friend who's a surgeon, Dr. Schoettle in Clinton. He owns land just down the road from us.

It's nice to recognize some local places on the internet. I belong to several forums and there never seems to be many Arkies.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #57822

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have been here 2 months - and in all that time not 1 neighbor next to us. Came home yesterday and there's an Aspire sitting right there... there goes the neighborhood!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #57823

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We have been here 2 months - and in all that time not 1 neighbor next to us. Came home yesterday and there's an Aspire sitting right there... there goes the neighborhood!

Lol... It might make you think..... Haircut, neighbors, civilization...... Bet you were cute with the long hair and nose job bruising.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:07 AM   #57824

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShooter14 View Post

I'll remember that. I also have a friend who's a surgeon, Dr. Schoettle in Clinton. He owns land just down the road from us.

It's nice to recognize some local places on the internet. I belong to several forums and there never seems to be many Arkies.

To get away from the skeeters..... Dont miss that part of our state.....
Later James.... Gotta get off and get packing....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #57825

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
To get away from the skeeters..... Dont miss that part of our state.....
Later James.... Gotta get off and get packing....

Speaking of skeeters... Papaw Steve... are you sure you want to go to Florida this winter?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #57826

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bonjour, welcome new Arkie, oh and howdy to the rest of yous.
As Steve posted Dave in 1 1/2 weeks has used up his data plan, we had the same plan but it had lasted almost 3 weeks. Sitting on WM lot now using their free WiFi.

We are having a blast, the highs in low 70s and dropping to 50s at night. No Bugs! We've actually had to put on light jackets a few times.

Pics will flow once back in US!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #57827

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Bonjour, welcome new Arkie, oh and howdy to the rest of yous.
As Steve posted Dave in 1 1/2 weeks has used up his data plan, we had the same plan but it had lasted almost 3 weeks. Sitting on WM lot now using their free WiFi.

We are having a blast, the highs in low 70s and dropping to 50s at night. No Bugs! We've actually had to put on light jackets a few times.

Pics will flow once back in US!
Hey Tim! Hi Mary!!
Sure wish we were with ya!
I know you're holding out on us. How many lobstah have ya had so far???
Old 08-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #57828

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
He could post a more general question in the Class A forum. Then he'd get all the answers he'd ever dream of - there'd be those that would tell him it won't be compatible with the Berk, another group will say it is compatible, then there will be those that say why do you even need more power, enjoy the view as you slowly pass things, another group will tell him it'll ruin his engine, along with the group that will claim his warranty will be terminated when they see he did that, and finally there will be those that just contribute to the thread so they can "follow it".

I just don't see why either of you are hesitant to explore the benefits of the full site
With all that pertinent and truthful information I nominate you to be appointed; Mutant Sage.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #57829

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Yes siree Bob that's bettern' good enough!

Even a bologna has a first name... yours might be Bob??? Or Oscar? My grandfather on my moms side was from Van Buren AR. His name was Homer!

Anyway - You have completed the highly complex, often imitated and never equaled entrance exam to the RVMdom. With that you are know forever to be know as RVM142...

Look everyone - a new mutant among us! Give em a big welcome!
Sometimes you say the funniest things that just totally crack me up, thanks for that one!

Quote:
So here's a bit of an update...
I was able to move my followup appointment with the surgeon to next Wed (from the 29th to the 10th). Hopefully we will be out of here shortly there after. I have to try to see the Internist here before leaving and working on that one.

Yesterday I was sheared like a sheep. I had been trying to do the locks of love like Tim and Carl did. When we measured the ponytail it was 8 inches but need to be trimmed up about 2 inches which meant another 4 inches to grow. I couldn't do it. Lol. I am weak like Sampson but regaining my strength. I bow to those who made their way to the end and received their certificate. Having lost my dear aunt Bonita to C I was really trying to do it. Just couldn't hang in there.

Time to get in the planning mode and find our way back on the rainbow!
Still working on my next certificate and it's getting there - pretty long already

Quote:
I know all those places!

I'm from Ida (NOT mt. Ida) my mother is from Mt. View and her whole family still lives in Stone county. We have land in Stone and Cleburne county. And my family owns a convenience store in Ida (Fletcher's Grocery) we also sell Non-ethanol gas if y'all need some of the 'good stuff'.

I graduated from Arkansas Tech in Russellville in 2012, then moved here to Marion to work. I'm a mechanical engineer for a conveyor company. We design, fab., install, and service conveyors for automotive companies.

That's about it....I hunt and fish and work. We used to own cattle until a land dispute forced us to sell to pay lawyers. Hope to have some more someday. I like Herefords, but our last bunch was Longhorns and while ornery, they make up for it with coolness.

That's about it for me, anything else, just ask.

James AKA "Six"
Welcome again James, aka RVM143. Hope to meet up with you somewhere in the future...

Quote:
Speaking of skeeters... Papaw Steve... are you sure you want to go to Florida this winter?
Another reason I got me that there screen house - I won't be so worried about spending time in my favorite place down there in Ruskin...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #57830
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A Possum - maybe even our Possum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4704.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	134887  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:24 AM   #57831

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I know all those places!

I'm from Ida (NOT mt. Ida) my mother is from Mt. View and her whole family still lives in Stone county. We have land in Stone and Cleburne county. And my family owns a convenience store in Ida (Fletcher's Grocery) we also sell Non-ethanol gas if y'all need some of the 'good stuff'.

I graduated from Arkansas Tech in Russellville in 2012, then moved here to Marion to work. I'm a mechanical engineer for a conveyor company. We design, fab., install, and service conveyors for automotive companies.

That's about it....I hunt and fish and work. We used to own cattle until a land dispute forced us to sell to pay lawyers. Hope to have some more someday. I like Herefords, but our last bunch was Longhorns and while ornery, they make up for it with coolness.

That's about it for me, anything else, just ask.

James AKA "Six"
Six shooter, welcome aboard.

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #57832
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
HaPpY HoUr!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nap.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	134889  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #57833

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

James, that's because our resident cute Arky blonde attracts them all to this site is what is happening to the Arky Internet brood.

Welcome aboard. We hopefully will get to meet one another somewhere on the rainbow.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #57834

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
A Possum - maybe even our Possum.
Damn don't you recognize a beautiful lady when you sees one. That's my great great grandmother Ima; Ima Possum.