Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 06:39 AM   #58101

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I have a real friendly neighbor next door.
He has unusual ambition and healthy shoulders. And a heart of gold!
Or perhaps he knows I have fresh wild blueberries?
Attachment 135612
Attachment 135613
I think I'll follow him to his next stop.
For free cleaning? Totally follow him around!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:52 AM   #58102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Sue, Denise would like to know the parameters of such a swap and she would be interested in participating if we are at a gathering where one is organized.
Yay-hey! I've never done such a swap & would welcome ideas from anyone who has.

I had thought perhaps each person would give each of the others an x" square (8 or 9"?). Depending on our numbers, a small item could be made from those, with the allowable addition of 1 or 2 other fabrics. It can be done by mail, I expect, and results shared by photo and at GCs.

Let me know what you think, y'all. New fabrics always seem to energize creative thoughts!
Old 08-11-2016, 07:03 AM   #58103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Yay-hey! I've never done such a swap & would welcome ideas from anyone who has.

I had thought perhaps each person would give each of the others an x" square (8 or 9"?). Depending on our numbers, a small item could be made from those, with the allowable addition of 1 or 2 other fabrics. It can be done by mail, I expect, and results shared by photo and at GCs.

Let me know what you think, y'all. New fabrics always seem to energize creative thoughts!

I would be glad to share pieces of girl baby cotton cloth, leftover from smocking, but i dont do quilts anymore....
Did them for my own sons, not really my thing......

And Dave, i would have gone seeing sights rather than shopping.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #58104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

If you are in Rhode Island, look at Firsherman's Memorial State Park. Nice little RV park there and it is 325 miles to Bangor, ME. Newport, RI has a couple CG's but no pets. Newport is a nice little city and especially interesting is a audio tour of the mansions. Quite a bit of history there.
In my previous life, we spent 2 months in Newport, then 2 years over in Bristol. Both places are amazing.

In Newport there is a cliff walk that takes you around the water side of all those mansions, and it's free, another view of the "cottages" plus the wildflowers and water view. If you time it right, there is also the Tall Ships gathering. Sailboat races are a common sight offshore in both places.

Bristol, across the bridge, is home to the Colt family, of gun fame. It's a sweet, historic town on the bay offering ferry rides, great seafood (of course), and nice but not touristy shops. It's been many years since I was there, so tourism may have overtaken it. Bristol lays claim to the first 4th of July parade, and keeps the centerline of its roads on the parade route painted red, white, and blue.

Whew! Shut up, Sue!
Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 AM   #58105

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
I'd be interested too. Will we have a theme?
Ah, a theme! Hadn't occurred to me, but I like it. Suggestions?

Something else might be a unifying color or palette.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:17 AM   #58106

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Lawsey, I love your pics! And that Nola person looks frabjous!
Old 08-11-2016, 07:40 AM   #58107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
T minus 36 hours... look out lobster here we come.
Ed, you and Jackie Come On Down, your the next contestants on "The Lobstahs Is Right".
Old 08-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #58108

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ed, you and Jackie Come On Down, your the next contestants on "The Lobstahs Is Right".
Sure hope they dress right!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lmad-tpir-14.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	135615  
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:07 AM   #58109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I would be glad to share pieces of girl baby cotton cloth, leftover from smocking, but i dont do quilts anymore....
Did them for my own sons, not really my thing......

And Dave, i would have gone seeing sights rather than shopping.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
That's pretty cool! I'd be happy to work that into a piece, as a reminder of yet another mutant. Are you sure you don't want exchange fabric, or will this be a stash-busting exercise for you?
Old 08-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #58110

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sad day in Minnesota

Say this on another post, liked it, thought some of you may get a chuckle out of it.

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The gravesite was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Born and bread in Minnesota, Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes.
Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If you smiled while reading this, please rise to the occasion and pass it on to someone having a crumby day and kneading a lift.

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #58111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
That's pretty cool! I'd be happy to work that into a piece, as a reminder of yet another mutant. Are you sure you don't want exchange fabric, or will this be a stash-busting exercise for you?

Xactly... Stash bust..... Lol...

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #58112

I love road signs & maps. Here's one for Marty. We just passed Critter Run Road in Mecklenberg, NY. 😁
Old 08-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #58113

On our way to a Walmart in Watkin's Glen, NY. Wonder if we could take a quick lap around the track? We already know the local CG is full; we tried to get in there. No luck!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #58114

Jake, I enjoyed the Pillsbury Doughboy obit. Some folks are just too clever!