Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #59151

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Speaking of passes... I'm pretty sure Jim and Ginny take Wolf Creek Pass every year. and that's the one I've more or less avoided, but really want to travel. I know it's done all the time. I think Chris and Paul took it this spring and didn't enjoy it.

I've also shied away from that souther end of the Million Dollar Highway. One day grasshopper. One day.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #59152

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Were you missing?? LOL... JK JK

I missed you guys !!!

I have not responded sooner cuz we were watching Miss America ...

And the winner is: Miss ARKANSAS....

Hope I didnt spoil anyone that had it DVR'd...

Life is GOOD:

Glen Rose High WON, AR Razorbacks WON, Now Miss Arkansas WON...

Life is GOOD:
Well... Arkansas cleaned up it seems... Personally, I didn't think too much about the Miss America pageant talent this year. There have been times when they were really good... this year... i didn't think any but 1 or 2 were very thrilling... but... they are not really judged much on their talent. Kind of sad miss Kansas didn't make the cut for the finals. Oh well... there's always next year. They are making a bigger deal about scholarships. I like that... looks will only take you so far. Then real life kicks you in the behinder ender. just my 2 cents... probably not really even worth that...LOL! It's entertainment. I only watched about half of it. Mash was on another channel and it is always pretty good, even when I've seen it a bunch of times. Gotta do something while I knit... my excuse for turning the TV on. Still have another 3 color bands to go on the blankie for William... little stinker beat me to the finish this time. Funny thing, we went over there this evening for a little bit... Elijah's papa says the only thing he isn't too good about sharing (thinking they are all his) is blankets. He sure is proud of his baby brother...He thinks William is his! I reinforced that. LOL. He loves babies... he's been carrying around a baby doll since mama found out she was pregnant... his daddy did that too when we were expecting his little brother. He turned out to be a fine daddy.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #59153

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Speaking of passes... I'm pretty sure Jim and Ginny take Wolf Creek Pass every year. and that's the one I've more or less avoided, but really want to travel. I know it's done all the time. I think Chris and Paul took it this spring and didn't enjoy it.

I've also shied away from that souther end of the Million Dollar Highway. One day grasshopper. One day.
Oh no,no,no Jim and Ginny DO NOT do Wolf Creek Pass or Red Mountain Pass or Monarch Pass. Jim will do these passes but I would have to be drunk, drunk, drunk or on some kind of meds that would have totally knocked me out. I don't do high places. When we go to Gunnison, CO we have a way to get there with a very easy pass and then I usually drive over this pass coming and going.
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:24 AM   #59154

Quote:

Wolf Creek Pass we did in October 2012, in a sleet storm with rocks all over the road. I really enjoyed it! Nola, not so much.
As the only rig on the road, using both lanes to avoid obstacles, the promise of amazing vistas meant we must do it on a sunny day. Hopefully this season.
The speed limit is low, the road is good, plenty of room, many pullouts, and no worries, Steve!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #59155

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Be safe and happy mutants. It's supper time in Limon.
Spent a night in the Limon KOA a few years back. Blew a tire on the 5th wheel east of there. Spent the night after repairs and got all new tires the next day. The thing I remember most about the KOA is the mosquitoes. A lot of them, and they were very hungry, almost couldn't walk the dogs. They were so big and thick that I thought I was in MN.

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #59156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well... Arkansas cleaned up it seems... Personally, I didn't think too much about the Miss America pageant talent this year. There have been times when they were really good... this year... i didn't think any but 1 or 2 were very thrilling... but... they are not really judged much on their talent. Kind of sad miss Kansas didn't make the cut for the finals. Oh well... there's always next year. They are making a bigger deal about scholarships. I like that... looks will only take you so far. Then real life kicks you in the behinder ender. just my 2 cents... probably not really even worth that...LOL! It's entertainment. I only watched about half of it. Mash was on another channel and it is always pretty good, even when I've seen it a bunch of times. Gotta do something while I knit... my excuse for turning the TV on. Still have another 3 color bands to go on the blankie for William... little stinker beat me to the finish this time. Funny thing, we went over there this evening for a little bit... Elijah's papa says the only thing he isn't too good about sharing (thinking they are all his) is blankets. He sure is proud of his baby brother...He thinks William is his! I reinforced that. LOL. He loves babies... he's been carrying around a baby doll since mama found out she was pregnant... his daddy did that too when we were expecting his little brother. He turned out to be a fine daddy.
I have to admit, we did NOT watch all of the pageant, just flipped over occasionally to watch some highlights... Each of the ladies were worthy.

Ann does quilts for the grands & I hope they treasure them...

1st girl, quilt done quickly.

2nd girl, quilt done pretty quick also.

3rd was a boy, had to wait YEARS to be done...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:43 AM   #59157

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47 View Post
Oh no,no,no Jim and Ginny DO NOT do Wolf Creek Pass or Red Mountain Pass or Monarch Pass. Jim will do these passes but I would have to be drunk, drunk, drunk or on some kind of meds that would have totally knocked me out. I don't do high places. When we go to Gunnison, CO we have a way to get there with a very easy pass and then I usually drive over this pass coming and going.
Well now we know how to root you two out from the hole ya'll disappear into, just talk driving high!

Hope everything going well for you two, good to hear from you!
Old 09-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #59158

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well now we know how to root you two out from the hole ya'll disappear into, just talk driving high!

Hope everything going well for you two, good to hear from you!
I noticed that too!
Old 09-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #59159

One hour from home. Then the unload routine. Funny how we were originally gonna stay out another ten days but on sunday just decided to come home. Then last night got a text from florida son. They are flying in this weekend with 3 kids. My DIL mother has cancer only about 6 months left and now found out her father has methosolioma. Not good.

But at least i get to see them. Been missing them

Hugs mutants.
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #59160

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
One hour from home. Then the unload routine. Funny how we were originally gonna stay out another ten days but on sunday just decided to come home. Then last night got a text from florida son. They are flying in this weekend with 3 kids. My DIL mother has cancer only about 6 months left and now found out her father has methosolioma. Not good.

Hugs mutants.
Sorry to hear of C in the extended family. Good intuition on heading home early. Ommms to all.

Still looking for pics of your journey!
Old 09-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #59161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Hugs mutants.

Will be GLAD to have you back home.. Travel safely.

So sorry to hear about cancer, many Oohhhmmmmsss to your family!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #59162

Pics to come.
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #59163

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Sorry to hear of C in the extended family. Good intuition on heading home early. Ommms to all.

Still looking for pics of your journey!

X2 from us! Guess voices/feelings can speak to you.
And, when time allows, PoP?
Big time OHHHHHMMMMSSS
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #59164

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Jake View Post
Spent a night in the Limon KOA a few years back. Blew a tire on the 5th wheel east of there. Spent the night after repairs and got all new tires the next day. The thing I remember most about the KOA is the mosquitoes. A lot of them, and they were very hungry, almost couldn't walk the dogs. They were so big and thick that I thought I was in MN.

Jake
Them 'skeeters are the state bird ya know!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote