Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #59417

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
While I was running around with the boys today, Annie stayed home and relaxed.
------

This is our good friends Chuck and Judy. Annie called Judy today and learned that Chuck passed away on the 17th. These are the first good friends we made after going full time. They were full time work campers in the park we were at in the RGV. We went to visit them in Iowa (Amana Colonies) last year. These are pics we took of them when they rode with us to Field of Dreams and the National Motorcycle Museum. We are so saddened by this loss. She is peach and he was just a great friend immediately.

I actually met him about midnight on the 2nd or 3rd night we were there. A transformer blew and took out our power and blew our transfer swith. He was driving around checking on every one. Just an all around great guy. He will be missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474684537252.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	139785   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474684549348.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	139786  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2016, 10:01 PM   #59418
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
It almost sounds like someone is running their own private email server with all this valuable content on it!!! Oh the humanity of it all!!!
ROLF ROLF ROLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Such a quiet day here. I guess Jim and Paula and Annie and I weren't the only ones out seeing stuff!

Some stuff we saw... but some on my camera and Annies phone.
Yummmm! Those chili peppers look yummy. We bought a stalk of them last year. Got home and hung them on the porch. When we thought of it we took them in, cut the stem end, cleaned the seeds and placental membrane that holds the seeds. Boiled them to remove the skin. Pureed them in a blender. Filter them through a sieve. Placed the pure liquid into freezer trays then into baggies after frozen. Next time we needed to spice up a chili or other food, just thaw the iced cube and mix it with the chili/ingredients needing spicing.

Just though y'all would like that. Well I know Don will.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:07 PM   #59419

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
ROLF ROLF ROLF

Yummmm! Those chili peppers look yummy. We bought a stalk of them last year. Got home and hung them on the porch. When we thought of it we took them in, cut the stem end, cleaned the seeds and placental membrane that holds the seeds. Boiled them to remove the skin. Pureed them in a blender. Filter them through a sieve. Placed the pure liquid into freezer trays then into baggies after frozen. Next time we needed to spice up a chili or other food, just thaw the iced cube and mix it with the chili/ingredients needing spicing.

Just though y'all would like that. Well I know Don will.
Just pour it on my eggs and give me a couple tortillas!

It's 45 or so now in Santa Fe.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:10 PM   #59420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Marty, I'm blown away by your capacity to analyze & manage a situation that is so personally devastating. You are amazing. Continuing ommms!

Papaw Steve, all the best on your recovery and for the best possible results. Greens will be greener, they say, blues bluer, and rainbows that much brighter.

I've been remiss to not wish your sister well as she faced her health crisis. It's wonderful she has improved, since she apparently was not as ready to go as she thought. Again, continuing ommms for you both.

You have a great way with words, I wish I could have said it half as well...

X-2

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:42 AM   #59421
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ok are you ready for the next chapter of "What did Sena do today?"

There is a really good reason why women have children when they are young. It's called energy and suspicion. At 65 I find that being suspicious of Sena being quiet for too long takes more energy than I can muster some days.

Today was one of those days. I worked in the yard, touched up some interior paint and painted some planter boxes. By the time I got everything cleaned up and put away I was ready for a nap. So not wondering what Sena was doing wasn't high on my list.

Later as I was heading to Home Depot I figured out how she spent that quiet time. On the hood of the RV I found her holding a small plastic bag removing one of her insulin syringes. All over the hood and the concrete around it was 19 more syringes. Each syringe was separated into it's component parts and most had the needle broken off.

It seems my darling simian daughter managed to remove 2 bags of syringes from the drawer that is secured with a magnetic child lock. <heavy sigh> So what's the score now? Sena 1,853 to my 3?
Thank you for waking me with a belly laugh this morning, dear friend. And now that I've settled down, I'm sending ommms your way - for wisdom and patience, two things every parent of a two year old needs. You usually have both in spades, but perhaps this little incident caused you to ... shall we say ... LOSE IT for a few minutes?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:59 AM   #59422
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Marty, I'm blown away by your capacity to analyze & manage a situation that is so personally devastating. You are amazing. Continuing ommms!

Papaw Steve, all the best on your recovery and for the best possible results. Greens will be greener, they say, blues bluer, and rainbows that much brighter.

I've been remiss to not wish your sister well as she faced her health crisis. It's wonderful she has improved, since she apparently was not as ready to go as she thought. Again, continuing ommms for you both.
Marty, Sue took the words right outta my mouth. I'm blown away by your spirit and heart.

Steve, having had cataract-infused lenses removed from both eyes and corrective lens implants to replace them, I can vouch for the improvements Sue mentions. Oh, and Mary Ann will be even prettier. Continued ommms for your dear sister.

The Rainbow road isn't always smooth, but there is lots of love along the route.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:04 AM   #59423
MPH

Last day in beautiful PA! So many nice memories of our week here. You Mutants who've never been to the Keystone state should put it on your list!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0923161354a_HDR-1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	524.1 KB
ID:	139804   Click image for larger version

Name:	0923161315b_HDR-2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	139806  

Old 09-24-2016, 04:27 AM   #59424
MPH

U

We love Pennsylvania!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0923161347a_HDR-1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	139807  
Old 09-24-2016, 04:34 AM   #59425
MPH

PA is special ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0920161152a_HDR-1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	736.2 KB
ID:	139812   Click image for larger version

Name:	0920161424a_HDR-1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	139813  

Name:	0922161228a_HDR-1.jpg
Size:	613.3 KB
ID:	139814  
Old 09-24-2016, 06:01 AM   #59426

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
We love Pennsylvania!

Quote:
PA is special ...

Very nice pics, Mel!
If we had not been so darn busy here, I would have found a way to hook up with you two. Maybe next time!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #59427

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Not even a ponder, STMs. Nope. A gloat!
A camper came back from Maine with 3 dozen lobstahs!
1 to 1.5 pounds each. An outrageous 6 bucks per.
Attachment 139765
Can you say "Om-Nom"?
I knew you could
Back in my younger days, we spent 2 years in the Navy shipyard in Kittery, ME. Just prior to leaving, we had a huge picnic. One of the food items was an 800 pound crate of lobster. Dating myself here, but they were $1.00/pound. I spent the day cooking lobster in a pot the A Gang guys made up. Seems like almost all of those critters only had 1 claw I never did get around to the burgers and hot dogs

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:36 AM   #59428

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Last day in beautiful PA! So many nice memories of our week here. You Mutants who've never been to the Keystone state should put it on your list!
I was there a week ago, scoping out the Hershey RV show Not buying, just like to look. Weather was great too! Just too short/quick of a trip to have time for anything else.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	139821  
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #59429

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey there mutants! It's sure been quiet around here lately. Where are you hiding???

Another 2 days here in Santa Fe. Then on to Gallup. Just having fun with friends and such in the NM sun.

Tim and his wife Lydia are coming up from Abq this evening and the tree couples - Al and Maria and Annie and I are going to dinner. I'm getting my Hatch chile and NM fix satisfied. I have yet to get the red with the heat I'm looking for but I've have some good stuff!!
Old 09-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #59430

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Thank you for waking me with a belly laugh this morning, dear friend. And now that I've settled down, I'm sending ommms your way - for wisdom and patience, two things every parent of a two year old needs. You usually have both in spades, but perhaps this little incident caused you to ... shall we say ... LOSE IT for a few minutes?
Remembering to double check latches and locks gets harder every year. Sena is a master at taking advantage of my failed security attempts. She gets smarter as I get dumber. Oh the humanity!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote