Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2017, 08:34 PM   #64695

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It's in the 90s Wayne...
Wayne,
It was 97 degrees here. Nice day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #64696

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Wayne,
Hey Jim. Annie has been saying - gotta call Paula for days now. We've been so busy running back and and forth to Phoenix / Mesa for docs and Bonita Bounder Renno 1.0 that we're behind schedule (like we have a schedule lol) on many things.

Speaking of Renno. Sue / Martin --- did you see the Auto Glass Boss at the FMCA Rally this week. These are the folks that pull and rework the dual pane windows on site. I was told today that they were there all week. They will schedule us in a day or two when the backlog clears. I was told $90 a window but I will work a deal if possible.

We did get a climate controlled storage room today and will start moving things in tomorrow. Annie must be feeling better cause she's got stuff pulled out and ready.

And speaking of behind schedule... haven't had the laptop out in ages and went to load Turbo Tax. Can't cause windows is updating... and updating tethered to Annies cell phone now on unlimited Verizon. Slow as dirt - but hey they park gave me the paperwork to have a phone and Internet services set up at our site lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #64697

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Wayne,
And this is the absolute truth - the days in Benson before certain mutants arrived were gorgeous. The days those same mutants left eastbound - the tail winds blew them home and the weather returned to gorgeous, and literally has been nearly every day since. I don't know what it means. I make no apologies. It's just what happened. As Barb noted - she's ready to head north. We're riding it out a bit with the renovation but will make it work one way or another.

Now to find somewhere to stay a couple weeks...
Old 03-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #64698

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh the humanity... Installing Update 24 of 97. This is gonna take a while.
And all this so I can do our tax return.

I very nearly became an accountant but mercifully I took a left at Albuquerque. Nonetheless, I've been doing tax returns all my life it seems. I even worked 2 years in a corporate tax department. I found the accountants partied a little to much. The actuaries were a little to reserved. I seemed to fit a little better in the economist / analyst world.

And now it's installing update 25 of 97.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #64699

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Costumes optional.
Ain't no way that I'm about to be out there nekked. Tell me that's not what you mean.

Tim, I guess you either missed the innuendo or you're just a plain old preevert.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #64700

Hey Possum, I thought an innuendo was an Italian suppository.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #64701

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Have you got a game plan? We are on the go a bit but here in Casa Grande till the first.

Will be in Mesa on Monday.

Update... Windows is current and now... Norton is doing its thing. I may actually get Turbo Tax installed tonight. Disk Optimization running now. That will teach me to let it sit bone idle.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #64702

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
I'm not sure about that but will quote you. My Uncle Johnnie who lived in Niagara Falls used to say the following when he was mad at someone. Northern United States to You too. In the proper neighbourhood vernacular it meant, "Uppa you ess ah to you too."
Old 03-10-2017, 10:41 PM   #64703

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Have you got a game plan? We are on the go a bit but here in Casa Grande till the first.

Will be in Mesa on Monday.

Update... Windows is current and now... Norton is doing its thing. I may actually get Turbo Tax installed tonight. Disk Optimization running now. That will teach me to let it sit bone idle.
The computer I fed coffee to in Cottonwood took over three hours to do all the updates once I installed the new keyboard and reattached the battery and plugged it in. Windoze ten is a huge PITA if not used regularly.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #64704

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
And speaking of behind schedule... haven't had the laptop out in ages and went to load Turbo Tax. Can't cause windows is updating... and updating tethered to Annies cell phone now on unlimited Verizon. Slow as dirt - but hey they park gave me the paperwork to have a phone and Internet services set up at our site lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
The computer I fed coffee to in Cottonwood took over three hours to do all the updates once I installed the new keyboard and reattached the battery and plugged it in. Windoze ten is a huge PITA if not used regularly.
Possum's right about Windoze 10! When it starts downloading and updating you might as well go do something else for an hour or two!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #64705

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Possum's right about Windoze 10! When it starts downloading and updating you might as well go do something else for an hour or two!
Well I made it through that nut the disk was a mess. Last thing I did on it was copy all my phone pics to it. Lol. I need to get back on the cloud.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #64706

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Well I made it through that nut the disk was a mess. Last thing I did on it was copy all my phone pics to it. Lol. I need to get back on the cloud.
We were out about 6-8 months, and we hadn't touched the laptop. We had about 1500 photos on it from the last 5 or 6 years. Pulled it out and fired it up. Had to go do some shopping came back wasn't done. Finally went to bed, the next morning it was finally done.
After that, we uploaded all photos to Google photos and gave one of kids the laptop.

Never again, no more laptops or desktops! Free at last! Free at last!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #64707

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We were out about 6-8 months, and we hadn't touched the laptop. We had about 1500 photos on it from the last 5 or 6 years. Pulled it out and fired it up. Had to go do some shopping came back wasn't done. Finally went to bed, the next morning it was finally done.
After that, we uploaded all photos to Google photos and gave one of kids the laptop.

Never again, no more laptops or desktops! Free at last! Free at last!
And here I was shopping for a new one. I really need a keyboard if MARLG etc are ever gonna be completed. Just a matter of time - but I have proven I can't write it with my thumbs on this phone and pad is a weird size - too big for thumbs and too small for qwerty...

Carl showed me his little wireless keyboard. May try that with the pad.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #64708

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Anyone know anything about android boxes?