Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #70869

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hi Sue.
We really miss youse two!
Cheers! 😙
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #70870

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockiemtnhye View Post
My hubby and I are proud mutants.....hey you'll....a road well traveled...by any other name....would be as sweet....
I'd say ya are... I gotta jump in the shower... maybe somebody will come along who can help ya establish your rightful place in the RvMdom... back in a bit...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #70871

Quote:
I'd say ya are... I gotta jump in the shower... maybe somebody will come along who can help ya establish your rightful place in the RvMdom... back in a bit...
Heya, rockymtnhye! I'm here, so will give you a welcome and start you down the path to .... mutantdom. You do indeed sound as if you might be mutants, & proud of it. There are stringent rules & excruciating initiation rites, of course, & the dues are exhorbitant, in order for y'all to become official. Are you ready for this? Y'sure?

Ok, here goes. First of all, you must tell us something(s) your rig does not have & that you don't miss.

Second, you must declare, as you almost did, that "The journey is the destination". Tough, no?

It's helpful, in studying up for this gruelling test, to go back & read the first few posts in this thread.

I'll stop for now so you can prepare, & RVM 1 or RVM 2 will come along to verify your test results & award the appropriate prize. 🤗

Hope to hear from you early & often!

Cheers!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #70872

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Heya, rockymtnhye! I'm here, so will give you a welcome and start you down the path to .... mutantdom. You do indeed sound as if you might be mutants, & proud of it. There are stringent rules & excruciating initiation rites, of course, & the dues are exhorbitant, in order for y'all to become official. Are you ready for this? Y'sure?

Ok, here goes. First of all, you must tell us something(s) your rig does not have & that you don't miss.

Second, you must declare, as you almost did, that "The journey is the destination". Tough, no?

It's helpful, in studying up for this gruelling test, to go back & read the first few posts in this thread.

I'll stop for now so you can prepare, & RVM 1 or RVM 2 will come along to verify your test results & award the appropriate prize. 🤗

Hope to hear from you early & often!

Cheers!
The dues, the dues, you didn't clarify how much it costs!!!

Let me explain, the dues are due annually due to the overhead of collecting dues so when you do become a mutant the dues are $0.00 per year. Do you get the dues now?
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #70873

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
My hubby and I are proud mutants.....hey you'll....a road well traveled...by any other name....would be as sweet....
But... to become RV Mutants there is a grueling test you must first pass - 1) name something your RV lacks, but that you don’t miss. 2) Declare that the journey is the destination.

Then all you have to do is wait for RVM #1 or #2 to wake up from their naps and bestow upon you you're RVM number. Easy, Peary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:13 PM   #70874

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Da man be busy!

Tim, you're a great string-puller! It worked, didn't it?!

Yep, and now we may never get him to quietin down again
Old 10-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #70875

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM166 is next up.... step forward and take it!

We used to beat the bushes to entice the unsuspecting... now we just hide and wait! Come out come out wherever you are...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #70876

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
The dues, the dues, you didn't clarify how much it costs!!!

Let me explain, the dues are due annually due to the overhead of collecting dues so when you do become a mutant the dues are $0.00 per year. Do you get the dues now?

For your convenience, I can accept your dues for 8 years & I will pay annually for you for 10 years... We all would love to help any way we can...

Get your test entry in soon to get the next RVM# assigned before someone else claims it... There is a rumor (That I just started) that the dues will increase 20% next year...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #70877

Quote:

Howdy, Rockiemtnhye!
You have recently joined iRV2 (Woot!), bought a new RV (Woot-Woot!!) and now you have stumbled into RVMdom!
We all WELCOME YOU!
So, name one thing you don't have in your RV that you don't need.
And tell us that the "Journey is Our Destination".
That's it!
RV Mutant #166 can be YOURS! [emoji1]
We are Dave and Nola, RVM1. And Steve and Annie are RVM2. Together we accidentally started a wonderful group that continues to grow.
You can be welcomed as RVM166! [emoji122][emoji122]
Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #70878

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
For Your Information, In St. Louis I have a choice of three, count them 3, Harbor Freight stores.
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #70879
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Running short on time, only because we are tired making our trip today. A whopping 290 or so miles. But I have a couple pictures of our "new to us" motorhome.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #70880
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh! Pictures. First one is of us and some surprise visitors. See if you can remember them. He's a horses butt. Grabbed his rear end and he slapped me.

Isn't that interior great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	180313  
Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 PM   #70881
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here are two more interior shots,
Any guesses?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	180316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic3.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	180317  

Old 10-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #70882
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Been busy and the complaint was really unstated believe it or not. The weather is closing in on great - its the Home Depot - Lowes etc - don't have these patio items because it's "Out of Season". Hahahaha... Further inquiry yields - "you're right, we could sell it year round but they won't send it to us." Then - when we land at a Lowes that the store website says they have 36 of the misters - row 26, bay 9. Nada. They look it up. "We don't have 36 of them - we have 4 but have no idea where they are." Never found them.

Then were locate a Home Depot with the umbrella - and on display in a red chile color. They tell us we have the tan color too. About 30 minutes later they finally find it. Then we learn - delivery 5 miles over to you is $79. What... not free shipping... no but you can rent a truck for $19 or you can go to Service Counter and they'll order it online for you and that would be free shipping.... ok. Off to Service. "Oh - they don't have the tan online - it's red or the cafe color..." Hmmm. It's right over there I'm thinking but let it go... then - can I get my Vet discount - "Yes, but not online, but here in the store. But that's less than the shipping so No." Ok... we'll take the cafe color and free shipping. Geesh.

So then I order two misters from Amazon which have been delayed - and Annie finds two at Ace. Buys one so we will eventually have 3.

And then there's the solar Butterflies and Dragon flies and Angels to be tweaked. And so on.

So my quiet is a largely due to the lack of excitement and the length of time it takes to relate such mundane nonsense as the above lol. Just living the dream and that in itself is beginning to limit my time to write but I always read. Never behind. It's good to be where ya want to be!
Dang! Sounds similar to looking for a motorhome to buy.

Quote:
More like a hop or a wobble.