Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #73053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Sorry. Software glitch. 😐
Didja spout some antie on you keypad this morning.
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2018, 06:25 PM   #73054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
Didja spout some antie on you keypad this morning.
Easily done around youse guys! 🤡s and 🤠s! 💃💃
Old 01-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #73055

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue... I'm picking up Asian takeout- at Asian Star. You, Martin and I met here 2 years ago. Wish you were here Now! But at least you're rolling on the rainbow, do do do do do do do do. Rolling on the rainbow!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #73056

Talked to Martin and Sue tonight via Echo....... they are in Memphis headed this way tomorrow......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #73057

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
We are trying to hit the road also. Plan to head to the Gulf somewhere in Misss. and then wander West. Planned a Monday AM depart but the weather folks are giving me mixed reports. They all say s*#w for Mon. but some say not until evening. Guess we will wake up Mon. and look out the window.
The chicken thread was interesting. All I can add is....I had a coop once, now I have a convertible and a pickup.
I was busy wiping everything down in my RV (only had time to vacuum before I left) at the Tampa RV show parking lot on my first night in my RV so couldn't add my chicken story.
We had some chickens in the '70s when we lived in Phoenix. We decided to have a chicken for dinner. Tried defeathering it in our bathtub, what a mess, and cooked it, but it was tough as leather and couldn't chew it. Only time we did that!
RVM #170 Ready to start the next adventure of my life. I am a merchandiser and a personal organizer, hence the filethis2.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #73058

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Don't worry about the ABS light too much right now. There are sensors at the wheels and/or rear axle. They can fail or just be dirty, doesn't affect regular braking, just helps in a panic stop. Look up 'ABS Sensor testing' or replacement for more information. Remember, people here are more than willing to help with any problems you have with your new coach.
It hasn't come on again! Found out that you can test your booster by pressing the brake a few times with the vehicle off, then hold down as you start and the brake pedal should sink a little. That means it hasn't failed.
The only thing that doesn't work that I care about is the radio. My whistler got awfully tired driving to Tampa and back, around 300 miles.
RVM #170 Ready to start the next adventure of my life. I am a merchandiser and a personal organizer, hence the filethis2.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #73059

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sue... I'm picking up Asian takeout- at Asian Star. You, Martin and I met here 2 years ago. Wish you were here Now! But at least you're rolling on the rainbow, do do do do do do do do. Rolling on the rainbow!
Oh yeah! Rollin fer sher.

Btw, I didn't count. Did you get the right number of dohs?
Old 01-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #73060

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good on the ABS light, may have just been a dirty sensor. A brake pedal that goes waaay down used to mean (on older vehicles) the brakes needed adjusted. However, on newer vehicles with disc brakes, they are self adjusting. Check the brake fluid and fill if necessary. Keep an eye on it, if it keeps going down there could be a leak somewhere in the system or the seals at the brakes could be cracked and leaking. Look for fluid leaks behind the wheels.
Now keep in mind when I say older or newer vehicles, I might have a different idea than some. I bought a 1958 car in 1984 for my daily driver, used it until 1994 (replaced it with a newer 1969 car...), then stored it until I sold it 3 years ago...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:24 PM   #73061

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
The best thing I saw at the Tampa RV show today...

Crank it really loud so you get the real feeling. They sure didn't need any amplification to drown out everything else around the area.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #73062

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Richard, how do you keep from getting ants?

Should we take some ant spray when we meet up with Sue and Martin?

Sweet Queen Ann seems to attract them also, however, we didn't seem to get any at Riverside...

We will bring a supply of the powder we use..

We are looking forward to where you and Di have elected to dine.

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #73063

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey guys! Just a quick stop in to say I'm doing a Facebook Live cooking demo tomorrow night at 7pm central. I'll be making these low carb sandwich buns that actually taste good. I'll also bee showing how to use that same dough for a low carb pizza crust that's substantial, tasty, and can be eaten by hand. No cauliflower involved, I promise!

Just go to http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbtestkitchens to join me!

I won't sell you anything. I do this page to test out and create recipes for Allen and I, that make a 50-100 carbs a day diabetic lifestyle not only possible, but sustainable. And believe me - cake, cookies, and candy are still on the menu.

Charlene
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180120_130839_898.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	189460Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180117_064039.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	189461Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180117_082925.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	189462Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180117_083456.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	189463
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #73064

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Sweet Queen Ann seems to attract them also, however, we didn't seem to get any at Riverside...

We will bring a supply of the powder we use..

We are looking forward to where you and Di have elected to dine.

Ok.... i missed the exact day and time..... place, i dont care,
today? Or I am assuming tomorrow....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #73065

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Since I'm on a strict diet, unlimited calories, we're good for anything except bait! Knowing ya'll have diet and travel limitations easiest if you call the shots! Remind Larry last time he missed a outing with Sue and Martin, the restaurant burned down!

Just let us know!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #73066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Hi all! West Memphis to Little Rock in one day today. What a long slog! I'm sure the remaining Arkie ants will be glad to be home.

We plan on 2 overnights, maybe 3, at Riverside, so are flexible as to meeting up. Lunches are cheaper & fine by us. Nobody need drive after dark that way, either.