Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2019, 07:10 AM   #82153
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
G'moning peeker.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2019, 07:19 AM   #82154

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are booked here for a month. Blueberry Hill Motel & Campground, Goulais River, Ontario, Canada

Nice park with close by family.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #82155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
We are booked here for a month. Blueberry Hill Motel & Campground, Goulais River, Ontario, Canada

Nice park with close by family.

So you found your thrill on blueberry hill!
Looks real nice
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #82156

Monaco Owners Club
Re: COWS. We had cows escape the fields next to us at camp, and go tripping gayly through our site, leaving deposits of not milk in their wake.

Re: Signature - we are buying a Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV - our neighbor and his wife have hung up their traveling shoes. It has solar and satellite and lots of goodies, including redundant redundancies - spare parts, filters, tools, etc.

Re: Mary and I - still alive and kicking. Our *^($ is ridiculous, and it is terribly inconvenient, but they're still paying us, so we show up. We're making plans for our exit strategy.

Re: Family changes - we're raising a 10yo grandson. Parenting at our age ain't for the faint of heart!

Re: everything else - we're happy, rootin' tootin' gals. We became firearms fans, and have fun blowing brass from time to time - always looking for a place to go shooting (Tim are you listening?). We have a new puppy (too cute for words) Boston Terrorist. We camp every weekend, and some weeks (close to home, but it's still camping!). We light fires and make s'mores in insane heat, because family changes, above.

Life is good, and the journey is...awesome! RVM 55 over and out!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:42 PM   #82157

Fleetwood Owners Club
OK everyone what happened to Cara? Did Wayne offer her his theme song and scare her away?

In other news, took coach to Ford EARLY this morning (Blargh). RR dual has brake pad worn down to metal and scraping. Going back next Tuesday AM EARLY - Blargh again - can you tell I'm not a morning person? They're talking about replacing pads, rotor, seals and caliper. Everything except caliper makes sense. Unless the piston seals are leaking or there is visible damage (we're talking a heavy casting here...) why would the caliper need replacing? I've done disc brake replacement so I know what's happening here. Can any other mechanic-minded folks on here weigh in with an opinion?

(I said Blargh because I had a moderator remind me I'm not supposed to use a certain word that has a 'k' in it on these forums...next time I'll use 'Shazbot'...)
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #82158

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
OK everyone what happened to Cara?

In other news, took coach to Ford EARLY this morning . Can any other mechanic-minded folks on here weigh in with an opinion?

.)
As far as Cara goes her last contact was with the other Dave, enough said.

I would replace the caliper as well. It may have been the cause of the failure, piston sticky. If you do your own work and reuse a part, you understand that it may come back to bite you. A dealer Tech has to warranty and stand behind the repair. Besides 2 things you don't comprise on steering and brakes.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #82159

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Re: COWS. We had cows escape the fields next to us at camp, and go tripping gayly through our site, leaving deposits of not milk in their wake.

Re: Signature - we are buying a Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV - our neighbor and his wife have hung up their traveling shoes. It has solar and satellite and lots of goodies, including redundant redundancies - spare parts, filters, tools, etc.

Re: Mary and I - still alive and kicking. Our *^($ is ridiculous, and it is terribly inconvenient, but they're still paying us, so we show up. We're making plans for our exit strategy.

Re: Family changes - we're raising a 10yo grandson. Parenting at our age ain't for the faint of heart!

Re: everything else - we're happy, rootin' tootin' gals. We became firearms fans, and have fun blowing brass from time to time - always looking for a place to go shooting (Tim are you listening?). We have a new puppy (too cute for words) Boston Terrorist. We camp every weekend, and some weeks (close to home, but it's still camping!). We light fires and make s'mores in insane heat, because family changes, above.

Life is good, and the journey is...awesome! RVM 55 over and out!
So nice to hear from you gals. Glad that things are going well for youse guys.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #82160

Fleetwood Owners Club
What Ed said! There, two perfectly reasonable mechanical opinions! By the way is the caliper the part under the hood?
Old 07-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #82161

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, just in case Elizabeth was just inquiring about a place to shoot and not a person to shoot at when she mentioned my name I referred to her as Elizabeth! She doesn’t like Liz !

You girls make it this way and I’ve got plenty places to shoot. Might can russel up a target, ha Richard come on over!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #82162

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Virginiamtns. youse guys go down and visit Tim. When you had enough shottin' so's its safe to come for a visit let us know and we will wing that way next fall if all goes well on our trek to play trains in Florida.

Have to get up to the Canadian Maritime Provinces to check out possible abodes for when we can no longer full time. Nice hearing from you two again. You are roughly along the route we will be taking from Canader to Florida.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #82163

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
FYI I have heard from Cara66 and HE assures me that he is most certainly a guy. His name is Roland. Wayne and I are both trying to get him added to the email list, but those yahoos have changed things enough that we're both trying to find the invite button. That is unless Wayne has found his way since we chatted at 7:30 am.

He also mentioned being very busy with non Mutant activity presently. Sounds like he's got some 'splaining to do once he gets here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #82164

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth and Mary! Good to know you’re still camping and busier than ever. Come back and say Howdy more often, please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #82165

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Virginiamtns. youse guys go down and visit Tim. When you had enough shottin' so's its safe to come for a visit let us know and we will wing that way next fall if all goes well on our trek to play trains in Florida.

Have to get up to the Canadian Maritime Provinces to check out possible abodes for when we can no longer full time. Nice hearing from you two again. You are roughly along the route we will be taking from Canader to Florida.

Come and visit us! We’re close to where I81 and I64 cross.

Funny story about shooting enough. Mary won $1500 in a contest to purchase a new little friend, but couldn’t find what she wanted, so we got lots and lots of brass. The UPS man was not amused.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #82166

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Come and visit us! We’re close to where I81 and I64 cross.

Funny story about shooting enough. Mary won $1500 in a contest to purchase a new little friend, but couldn’t find what she wanted, so we got lots and lots of brass. The UPS man was not amused.
I happen to know how to get 20+ mutant RVs to visit you. Find a campground with full hookups that will hold 40 ' coaches and has a pavilion or rally house and tell us when to come! We do the meal planning and campfires as we go! Our GCs are nothing like the IRV2 rally we meet y'all at.

Find a place, post here with dates, stand back and watch it happen!