Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Recommendations for "Must See" Stuff in Branson?

I've been piecing together plans for our return trip from Phoenix back to Detroit. It's looking like we're going to be spending 3-4 days in Branson, MO in during the first week of November. We've got the "outdoorsy" stuff covered - but were thinking that if the weather turns cool, maybe we'd spend a day wandering around the city itself ... maybe catch a show?

Anybody have any recommendations for things they'd consider a "must see" if you've got a day or so in Branson?

2012 HR Endeavor 43' DFT, 2012 Jeep Liberty
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #2

I,ve been there- must see everything. Love the shows

2011 Montana-3400RL
Towed by[B]'99 F-350 SD PSD DRW Lariat
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:50 PM   #3

November 5th starts the Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City. If you have not seen the city at the holiday season, it is one of the most amazing light displays.
Another fun time, is on the dinner show paddle wheeler the Branson Bell. It is on Table Rock Lake.
And of course we have lake Taneycomo. If you like to trout fish you won't be disappointed.
All of the shows are very good, as there is something for all tastes.
The shows that stand out from others are:

1) S.I.X.

2) Moses

3) Dixie Stampede

Welcome and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Cougar Xlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #4
We really enjoyed the Jim Stafford show. The Dixie Stampede was pretty good, too.
Mike and Retha Hopkins
2014 Fleetwood Discovery
chindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #5
SIX!! We've seen them twice and would go again if we ever return.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Silver Dollar City's Old Time Christmas - plan all day is a must experience! Do not miss kicking off your holiday season here and wear comfy walking shoes! If you like musicals be sure to catch their live free production of Dickens "A Christmas Carol" while there...its Broadway qaulity!

Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede is definitely a #2 must see! Good food, fun and music!

Something other than music that is really cool is The Titanic! It is a great museum experience of the ill fated ship and if anyone in your party loves history you must go!

After these three I would try to catch anything else you can and do some shopping too! Tanger's outlet mall is fun but "The Landing" on the river is my favorite! It will be decked out for the holiday too and has som wonderful resteraunts. They also have a train in that area you can take for a beautiful scenic tour of the Ozark mountains!
Retirees in training...
RLC06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #7
Hi Norman..I responded to you on another forum about the show, "It", so I won't go into that here, but another poster above mentioned "Moses" at the Sight and Sound Theatre. While I haven't seen "Moses", we just recently went to the S&ST in Lancaster PA to see "Samson", and it was beyond excellent. We went there many years ago and saw "Daniel", which was just as fabulous. So, knowing how excellent the shows in PA were, I'd imagine the one in Branson would be just as excellent and definitely worth seeing.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV
G.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:22 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Recommendations for "Must See" Stuff in Branson?

We enjoyed the Dixie Stampede as well. I still remember the waitress handing me a wet nap and told us this was to clean your silverware. . They don't provide silverware so this was for our hands .
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
We really enjoyed the Jim Stafford show. The Dixie Stampede was pretty good, too.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote