Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have stayed in many RV parks and believe me people, you don't want to stay in this one. My wife and I left ahead of time, we got feed up. It's the Red Coconut RV park in Fort Meyers beach Florida. The beach is great, it's the park that's repelling. [ This is just our opinion ]

Folks, my wife and I just returned to Mn from an RV park in Fort Meyers beach Florida. This has to be the WORST PARK anywhere, [ just our opinion ].

Poke a Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
iRV2 No Limits Club
Could you go into more detail? What was so bad about it?

LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Red coconut RV resort

I'm from Tampa and have been there several times. Each time, I enjoyed the park very much. You didn't say where you stayed there, but if it wasn't "on the beach", then I might understand. If I can't stay "on the beach", I will wait for an opening. They only have 10 sites (RV's are very close), on the beach, but 4 rows back, is still nice, with only about 50 to 75 yards, to the beach.

Another thing. This time of the year, it is packed with snowbirds. Those of us in Florida know this and will wait until after the season, to make a reservation. I once met an RV'er from the North, who said that they booked their site a year in advance, before they left for home. They have been doing this for about 8-10 years and just recently turned the site over to a friend, for them to keep it booked annually. What exactly didn't you like about your stay?
Roland & Jerri, with Maggie & Mollie, our Pups; '05 Fleetwood Providence, 39' DP; '08 Saturn. "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has it's limits" (Einstein)
gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Please post a review in our Campgrounds section & provide details of your experience.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the update but please do post over in Campground Reviews Forum.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
RV Park Reviews has posts that give the park good reviews. I use this web site a lot to pick places to stay. Hope you post more details.
2011 Itasca Suncruiser, Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
MSgt retired USAF 1988, AA retired 2005
toneumanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Please tell what problem was. We have stayed at this park for several years. We get there a couple of weeks before Christmas and stay until mid January. We have always enjoyed our stay. In order to get our "spot" for the time we want, we do make reservations a year in advance. We book our site for the next time before we leave. Sites are small but the staff assists you getting parked. If you have a TT they park it with a tractor. Staff has always been friendly and helpful. Since part of CG is beachside, sites are cramped but we enjoy being on the beach. It does take a long time to get moved to front row facing beach since people return each year. We have been on list for front row for several years and still have not made it, maybe one day we will. This past trip they had problems with cable tv and wifi but told us they were trying to get it resolved. The rates are high for either beach side or off beach but to us it is worth it to be on the beach.
John- 2011 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have stayed there twice. Both times was on the beach. We thought it was great. Our only problem was the traffic over the bridge. We overcame the traffic thing by turning up the tunes and enjoying the scenery.
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
Fleetwood Owners Club
@ga traveler, you are right about the traffic. Getting over the bridge is a pain for sure. I dont think the guys directing traffic at the foot of the bridge help either. Once in the CG we drive the towd and have been going there long enough that we know the traffic patterns pretty well. @Poke A Long what was the problem(s) you had? Let us know. Your problem(s) might cause us to change from this CG to another. But like I said earlier, we have been staying here on beach side for years with no problems.

John- 2011 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote